Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
UnDS .... to work from home and home school these jits
3EEBC878-4FAE-48BB-BA42-E29F0C70B9A5.jpeg

Mane it’s crazy how hard it’s to get anything.

now sheesh

I’m glad I got my black toe, royals, chi , bred, shadows, out the way.

I can’t imagine trying to compete for any of these with a re release.

Tbh I think any retro we get of these OG cws will be a MASSIVE release like how they increased OG cws of the 11s from 2009-2012 to the re-releases of those same cws from 2016-2019, respectively (granted, the amount of pairs produced of each AJ1 OG cw will obviously be much less than an annual holiday 11 release). OG 1s are easily the most popular Jordan model now and I think JB seems to be building up the OG cws (in terms of production) if you look at stock of the 2013-2015 OG cw run vs stock of 2016-2018 OG cw releases. They seem to be keeping non-OG cws more limited and increasing stock of OG cws. That said, I don’t think we’ll see OG cws released for another 2-3 years at least and I think we can pretty much guarantee a new OG cw run will come with a higher price tag, unfortunately. Hopefully, by then, the ‘85 cut will be standard and the release won’t be too difficult or at least the same as the 2016-2018 run of OG cws.

Dude I can’t believe you’re making me defend 350s but they ABSOLUTELY will be considered timeless. In terms of cultural significance, the AJ 1s literally have 3 decades over the 350s not to mention MJ’s legendary on court accomplishments wearing the entire line.

On the other hand, 350s were legendary in terms of design (ironically, much like other Js) and will go down as the shoe that really took the minimal, sock shoe trend to another level and were the 1st major signature sneaker of a non-athlete/musician to really be widely accepted and, most importantly, commonly worn by the public consciousness (sorry, S. Dots). Nike definitely screwed up by not pushing the Air Yeezy line more since apparently Kanye is able to generate hype and sales on a massive level. In many ways, Kanye has basically saved Adidas and made them relevant again since, prior to signing the man, they were only selling performance (primarily football/soccer) gear, cheaper classic sneakers (Superstars, etc.), and niche collabs (Y-3, etc.). Kanye made them culturally relevant to the public in the same way MJ made Nike culturally relevant on the basketball court by wearing the AJ 1.

The AJ 1 and Adidas Yeezy 350s (specifically V2s) are both legendary sneakers that will stand the test of time much like other signature sneakers like All Stars, Foamposite Ones, Questions, Stan Smiths, etc. etc. have already done in the past.

For what it’s worth, this is all coming from a guy who thinks AJ 1s are the GOAT sneaker (with OG Royal 1s being literally my favorite sneaker ever) but I also have to also give credit where credit is due.

:lol: I can’t believe it as well. Fair assessment. I can see it for the v1, I do remember the impact of the turtle doves, might be my only favorite adidas yeezys as well with the v1 moon rocks.

:lol: I can’t believe it as well. Fair assessment. I can see it for the v1, I do remember the impact of the turtle doves, might be my only favorite adidas yeezys as well with the v1 moon rocks.

100%. I think the issue with V1 was self-imposed because:

1.) Extremely few pairs were produced compared to the V2s

2.) Fakes of the V1s became extremely prevalent as a result of the previous point above

Don’t get me wrong, a 350 V1 retro would FLY but I think more people inherently have a greater attachment to the V2s because of its sheer popularity.

Meh most people saying poor mans unions don’t even have a pair.

in the end the argument is stupid. I see if someone said I have unions so imma pass on these similar esthetics being the reason.

but

to just be like oh those are lame poor man unions when you urself don’t have any is kinda off.

I mean don’t get me wrong I won’t buy the mocha 1’s coming out cause I have TS’1’s to me it is a poor man version since I have the what i think superior comparison.

if I had no TS’1s I be all over the mocha

and no I don’t mean poor in the literal since.

I think if the Unions didn't come out more people would be feeling this Smoke Grey colorway. I think it's pretty dope regardless, but I think it would've been so much better if the entire upper was the same grey leather. But I guess it would be too close to the Barons.

Disagree. If the Unions hadn't come out people would be really confused, and I would even go as far as say disgusted by these. The Unions themselves had tons of negative feedback until people changed their minds. With out the hype those created these would go on heavy discount.

This is this biggest misconception ever. Michael helped Scottie become the player he became. Scottie wasn’t even that great in the beginning like Jordan. I watched both their careers from the start. Even without Scottie, Michael would’ve eventually won rings. He was too great and determined. So that’s my point, youngster. Some of you don’t know 💩

big facts. scottie was drafted in 87 and didnt play well until the 91 season. jordan def made him better.

Honestly, I sometimes wonder how much extra cash we would all have if we weren’t into this hobby haha I think some of us are well into the six figures of sneaker spending over a decade or two (or maybe more) especially including pairs of shoes we’ve sold.

Well, the values of our collections are going to plummet severely when this pandemic causes the world's economies to go into recessions then depression.

Its' coming :emoji_cry:

Back
Top Bottom