Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Honestly the best years were when it was easy to pick up 1s, sometimes even on discount. Walked in to FNL and JJ on release an easily got 2 pairs of shadows, which **** on all of those collabs mentioned. Had to make a little drive for ROTYs but still got them well into the night of release day, **** it might have even been a day or two later. Bought Game Royals in the after market for retail. Retail!

You hype beasts can keep your collabs and ugly *** multicolor mismatched shoes... just give me decent colorways with out having to pray you get lucky on a release or paying some **** boy reseller and I'll be happy, but as is, JB is actually just saving me money qt this point.
I've brought this up numerous times in this thread...I got 2002 royals on discount (I think it was $80) on ndc back in the day

1.jpg

>
Air-Jordan-1-Retro-High-Union-Los-Angeles-Blue-Toe-Product.jpg

img01.jpg

>
Air-Jordan-1-Retro-High-Union-Los-Angeles-Black-Toe-Product.jpg

when black/red toes came out I showed up at opening w/ no reserve and walked out w/ my size

about one week later, I think when shadows released, I grabbed the remaining black/red toes in GS sizes that hadn't been sold...I think it was five pairs left

Snipes always seems to be an in and out for Jordans. Germans don’t care about the Jumpman. I expect next Saturday to be the same.

'20 ended up better than expected for 1s. have more pairs from '20 than '18 or '19

keep forgetting NC to CHIs were this year. painted them black/red, filling a pretty big void for me in terms of OGs

'20 - NC to CHIs, Mochas, Navy and Silver Japans
'19 - LA to CHIs and Obsidians
'18 - Shadows and ROTYs (after selling off bred toes, game royals)

Sheesh, making this list reinforced that 2018 really was amazing. Probably the best year since '85.

Sure-fire future classics
Unions (both colors)
SoleFlys (both colors)
Off-Whites (both colors)

Great pairs, possible future classics
Not For Resale (both colors)
Best Hands in the Game pack
Gold Toes
Bred Toes (not my favorite but people seem to love them)
Spider-Mans (same)
Nigels (so underrated)
Satin Shattered Backboards

Very good pairs
Shadows (OG, already classics of course)
Purple Toes
Pine Greens
Rookie of the Year
Game Royals
Pass The Torch (Kawhi Leonards - you can argue this pair is a sure-fire classic considering he's no longer with Nike).
Aleali Mays

Sheesh!!!! I didn't even include Colette's because those are F&F and seemed unattainable. The only thing missing from 2018 was more OGs.

You gotta understand the reason all these dope colorways were dropped. Kanye & Adidas. Nike had to re-cement themselves as Top Dog. Not only were there a plethora of dope 1s, there were a boatload of other collabs & models. Thank Kanye & Adidas. Nike is once again the unanimous Top Shotta so they back to resting on their laurels. They still releasing collabs & dope colorway, IMO..... but we may not see anything the like 2018 for a long time.

Last edited:
You gotta understand the reason all these dope colorways were dropped. Kanye & Adidas. Nike had to re-cement themselves as Top Dog. Not only were there a plethora of dope 1s, there were a boatload of other collabs & models. Thank Kanye & Adidas. Nike is once again the unanimous Top Shotta so they back to resting on their laurels. They still releasing collabs & dope colorway, IMO..... but we may not see anything the like 2018 for a long time.

In that case, Kanye and Adidas needs to bring back some classics so we get more dope AJ1s.

Nike gonna go back to putting out trash soon, adidas was on there neck for like 2 years though... it was a sight to see having the swoosh sweat.

I wish they still were. We'd probably have 1 to 1 85 AJ1s by now.

From 2017:
I have been saying this since the UB craze. I was so glad Adidas had the hype train rolling and I wish it had no end in sight. The more eyes off of JB the better for us.

Back
Top Bottom