Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I don’t think Nike/JB has been resting on it’s laurels necessarily, they’re just not focused on 1 Highs (unfortunately). They’ve had some amazing Dunks especially, and also some great Jordan 4s, Air Max 90s, Jordan 1 Mids (relatively speaking), etc.

I don’t own any but Jordan 35s are attractive. Looks are debatable but AM2090s are extremely comfortable. Overall I think Nike/JB had a great 2020 despite our disappointment in their offering of 1 Highs. I can easily come up with a list of 50+ pairs from Nike/JB worthy of my money.

New Balance seems to be stepping it up, so good for them. But Adidas??? Utter trash. Any other brands even worth mentioning? Nike/JB is like LeBron. We’re so used to their greatness that we take them for granted sometimes. And sure, it’s okay to critique them and expect greatness from them all the time, but it’s only fair to take a step back and appreciate the greatness they constantly give us.

1607808728314.png

1607808737077.png

1607808744526.png

1607808753210.png

1607808760981.png

1607808769646.png

Air Jordan 1 KO “Chicago”
Color: White/Black-University Red
Style Code: DA9089-100
Release Date: Spring 2021
Price: $140

Source: Sneakerbardetroit.

I don’t think Nike/JB has been resting on it’s laurels necessarily, they’re just not focused on 1 Highs (unfortunately). They’ve had some amazing Dunks especially, and also some great Jordan 4s, Air Max 90s, Jordan 1 Mids (relatively speaking), etc.

I don’t own any but Jordan 35s are attractive. Looks are debatable but AM2090s are extremely comfortable. Overall I think Nike/JB had a great 2020 despite our disappointment in their offering of 1 Highs. I can easily come up with a list of 50+ pairs from Nike/JB worthy of my money.

New Balance seems to be stepping it up, so good for them. But Adidas??? Utter trash. Any other brands even worth mentioning? Nike/JB is like LeBron. We’re so used to their greatness that we take them for granted sometimes. And sure, it’s okay to critique them and expect greatness from them all the time, but it’s only fair to take a step back and appreciate the greatness they constantly give us.
Very true on the Dunk, and Dunk SBs for that matter, point. They’ve been putting more energy into both SB and regular Dunks than they have in a long time. Not just energy into dropping dope colorways, but lots of energy marketing and hyping them.

The quality and design of the shoes are secondary at this point, from JB's perspective they're doubling down on collaborations so that they can gain entry and exposure in markets that traditionally wouldn't buy Jordan gear (i.e. JBalvin fans, Union fans, 'insert obscure designer here' fans). It's a great marketing strategy

Jordan Brand is doing it's best to really get the best or most popping people in various fields to collaborate with them.

It's a good strategy, for years they wanted to make another Mike and have that person carry on the linage of the Air Jordan. That just doesn't work we can love Melo, Ray, Dwade, and Zion but they ain't Mike.

Instead of doing that they are now using collaborations to bring new life into pre established silhouettes.

I'll take AjKo's with an aged looking sole. If not, I pass.
They did that already when they retroed them the very first time. And it wiped right off with a baby wipe thankfully so it didn't look like I walked through mud.

I'm in for a pair of these. Skipped out on all the AJKOs since that very first pair.

They did that already when they retroed them the very first time. And it wiped right off with a baby wipe thankfully so it didn't look like I walked through mud.

I'm in for a pair of these. Skipped out on all the AJKOs since that very first pair.
Very aware of that & I want more...

Back
Top Bottom