Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Honestly I don't care about Nike making all these collab shoes stupid limited and hard to get. Union, OW, TR, TS, Supreme, etc etc.

What pisses me off is when Nike makes OG colorways hard to get. I can miss on every single "Hyped" sneaker but if I can get the OG's for retail I'm chilling. That's how it was for a good 2-3 years. Now everything is trash.

Word, OG colorways should be massively GR'd, not limited - but that makes too much sense.
Keep the collabs limited since they're more "collector" pieces.

NT makes up probably less than 5% of the population going for sneakers...even if we all unified and boycotted Nike they wouldn't know.
Fully agreed. I wasn't just talking about NT though. I know we're a small segment of the culture. I was talking about a hypothetical chance to get everyone to organize and battle on our end.
I'm just musing. I have no skin in the game. If I don't happen to get a pair, I move on. I'm more concerned about StockX having seller's fees AND buyer's fees than worrying about picking up limited shoes.

Word, OG colorways should be massively GR'd, not limited - but that makes too much sense.
Keep the collabs limited since they're more "collector" pieces.
I agree that OGs should ALWAYS be available. As for collabs being “collector” pieces, in theory I agree, but they’ve really just become influencer bragging items, and sought out for their high profit margins. Unfortunately most people nowadays aren’t even thinking about collecting.

You can think how Marcus handled this release was corny AND not have wanted them. I put 0 effort into copping and if someone could've given me the alley oop I for sure would've sold or traded for something I wanted. But it's fair to criticize a shop for handing all their pairs to resellers so collectors that wanted them would have to pay 10x retail. **** is wack regardless if you tried to cop or not.
They don't get it. Well said.

They will always look the best on foot. That’s what matters the most.
I personally agree that 1s will always look the best on foot, and I agree that 1s will always be sought after, I feel because they are so iconic and classic, and a piece of history due to being tied to the beginning of the legacy of MJ. But looking good on foot will vary over the year, based on popular tastes, and popular trends. I do however agree with WASHED KING WASHED KING that there will be times when they’re not quite as popular as others, and therefore won’t be quite as hyped. They’ll never exactly be easy to obtain from here on out IMO, but there will be moments in history when new shoe trends become the dominant style or most popular choice, and 1s won’t be quite as popular. But since that’s the reality of most style type things, I almost expect 1s to be MORE limited when we look 5 to 10 to 15 years in the future.

I wish Nike/JB made CMFTs in OG cws with full length Zoom. Even with just heel Zoom, the comfort on here is definitely far better than OG 1s and Mids (not sure about 85s though):

780385EF-E87D-4D72-979E-AFDD69B5E4CF.jpeg

I personally agree that 1s will always look the best on foot, and I agree that 1s will always be sought after, I feel because they are so iconic and classic, and a piece of history due to being tied to the beginning of the legacy of MJ. But looking good on foot will vary over the year, based on popular tastes, and popular trends. I do however agree with WASHED KING WASHED KING that there will be times when they’re not quite as popular as others, and therefore won’t be quite as hyped. They’ll never exactly be easy to obtain from here on out IMO, but there will be moments in history when new shoe trends become the dominant style or most popular choice, and 1s won’t be quite as popular. But since that’s the reality of most style type things, I almost expect 1s to be MORE limited when we look 5 to 10 to 15 years in the future.

If the hype surrounding Kobes nowadays is any indication, when MJ eventually passes away, we will see a level of hype/demand for ALL retros (but especially 1s) that none of us have ever witnessed in our lifetimes. Even fusions and non-retro Jumpman-branded models will likely sellout at that point. It’ll be an extremely sad/weird point for the brand, much like when Apple was left without Jobs. I think the same will happen with Adidas and Kanye, which sadly could very well happen well before MJ/JB if his mental state is any indication.

Hopefully, this doesn’t happen for a long, long time since that will truly be a sad day, especially for those of us who actually grew up watching MJ playing on the Bulls (and Wizards).

If the hype surrounding Kobes nowadays is any indication, when MJ eventually passes away, we will see a level of hype/demand for ALL retros (but especially 1s) that none of us have ever witnessed in our lifetimes. Even fusions and non-retro Jumpman-branded models will likely sellout at that point. It’ll be an extremely sad/weird point for the brand, much like when Apple was left without Jobs. I think the same will happen with Adidas and Kanye, which sadly could very well happen well before MJ/JB if his mental state is any indication.

Hopefully, this doesn’t happen for a long, long time since that will truly be a sad day, especially for those of us who actually grew up watching MJ playing on the Bulls (and Wizards).
MJ played basketball?

I totally was thinking about the idea of J's when MJ ultimately passes, but didn't want to put it out in the atmosphere.

Them white shoes ended up being pretty good j mobile j mobile
Should've tried harder, but on to the next. When the PSG joints dropping ?
Yeah, the NG1s are too dope IMO. I was able to double up. No other 1s on the horizon truly jump out at me though.
The PSGs 1s drop 2/17.

New pick up made me wanna take pics.
88AF76F3-3171-44F7-A723-18292AC6C3CE.jpeg
627E3529-E616-49C0-BFCC-0ED92013E466.jpeg

One with a Mid 😄
B630797B-4A50-4DCC-A55E-1CA91DFDCF7C.jpeg

Might be done with 1’s for now. Ones left that I want are pretty much unattainable and upcoming releases don’t interest me much, although I do like the Hyper Royal 1’s, but not enough for me to want to buy.
I’m soo mad i got rid of my shadows to fund my travis’ (back when they were going for 230-250)
I had them since RD and hadn’t worn them

seen the prices recently and i’m not paying that.

I’m soo mad i got rid of my shadows to fund my travis’ (back when they were going for 230-250)
I had them since RD and hadn’t worn them

seen the prices recently and i’m not paying that.
Yea, I was kinda surprised to see the prices on them recently. Feel like they have the softest leather out of all the 1’s I have.

I'm actually not liking them Silver toes as much.. maybe fatigue.. and for some stupid reason Women's I's being impossible for me even before FLX. But the aerial view is dope up there!

Yeah, the NG1s are too dope IMO. I was able to double up. No other 1s on the horizon truly jump out at me though.
The PSGs 1s drop 2/17.
That's great man! Happy for you

Where do you scoop those pre sales? Will really want to get on it for Hyper Royal or the Unis ... I can't deal with that much Ls lol

Back
Top Bottom