Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Well selling fakes is extremely illegal but I’m 1000% sure it happens ever so often on StockX. Ironically though, it was proven StockX actually let’s some reps through.

I was SHOCKED that they sold Mars Yard 2.0 reps on there given how much they go for :sick:

I actually tried to file a claim that I received a questionable pair of 1s on there a few years ago and they told me to kick rocks since they said they never sell fakes. If I buy anything off of StockX, I know that there are some inherent risks of doing so.

StockX Mars Yard 2.0 debacle:

They sent me a C grade pair of JTH 3's, and had the nerve to tell me "it's typical flaw in mass produced shoes. We only check for authenticity, and these passed. But you're welcome to resell them through us." Filed a chargeback on them through my CC for defective product. Got my money refunded AND kept the shoes, so F them.

Lol
B9987B67-28E6-40E2-9ED0-23E4A6E846A3.jpeg

You know they’re gonna try and slap em on fakes and sell as authentic for who knows how much because it has the “Trophy Room Exclusive” laces. Damn near making the laces worth just as much as the shoe.

Was there any confirmation on what the official price tag on the box was on release?

They sent me a C grade pair of JTH 3's, and had the nerve to tell me "it's typical flaw in mass produced shoes. We only check for authenticity, and these passed. But you're welcome to resell them through us." Filed a chargeback on them through my CC for defective product. Got my money refunded AND kept the shoes, so F them.

Curiously, did they ban your account?

Any interest to selling to NTers or are you only looking for bulk purchases?

I would if y'all wanted them....would want market value tho. This is probably gonna turn into more investment RE....so I'd like everything I can get.

It would be a supreme hassle to do those one by one, but if there was genuine interest in it on here, then I'll find time for y'all.

I would if y'all wanted them....would want market value tho. This is probably gonna turn into more investment RE....so I'd like everything I can get.

It would be a supreme hassle to do those one by one, but if there was genuine interest in it on here, then I'll find time for y'all.

Yeah moving one/two pairs isn’t usually worth it, even if you are saving on seller fees.

Y’all talking about 200 pairs, I haven’t owned more 100 pairs of shoes in over 10 years. I had too many lulls and periods of time where I was just disengaged from the “culture” for one reason or another that that it didn’t make sense for me to horde any more. Not too mention selling tens of pairs of sneakers at a time is not a fun experience if you have other responsibilities on the day to day. I Probably keep at most 30 pairs at any given time now. I’m glad I didn’t have the collecting bug with Ultraboosts. I know dudes jumped head first into those paying hundreds of dollars for shoes worth retail or less now smh.

Last edited:
Last time I counted I was in the 80 ish pairs range? And honestly I've been seriously considering downsizing to half.

A good 2/3's of them never get worn and it's a hassle going through boxes.

I have about 100 pairs... got to the point where I was about to run out of space in my closet at my last apartment so I figured that was a good place to draw the line. Now I am a home owner with way more space... but I think I still want to stay at about 100 pairs, and only buy when I can sell off another shoe to take its place. So far this year I've sold 2 pairs and bought 1, so I feel like I'm doing pretty good.

Y’all talking about 200 pairs, I haven’t owned more 100 pairs of shoes in over 10 years. I had too many lulls and periods of time where I was just disengaged from the “culture” for one reason or another that that it didn’t make sense for me to horde any more. Not too mention selling tens of pairs of sneakers at a time is not a fun experience if you have other responsibilities on the day to day. I Probably keep at most 30 pairs at any given time now. I’m glad I didn’t have the collecting bug with Ultraboosts. I know dudes jumped head first into those paying hundreds of dollars for shoes worth retail or less now smh.

To this day, I’ll NEVER understand why people would drop so much money on resale for Adidas mainline shoes. I love Adidas but anyone who has even minor knowledge of sneaker culture knows Adidas shoes by and large have NEVER held much resale value. Hell even Yeezys are struggling to resell for much nowadays. Only true collectors and not hypebeasts understand, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom