Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

I like these better than the 2009's and 2010's easy
pimp.gif

Remind me of the 10's and 11's...can't wait til release day...need a break from retros anyway.

Fact: Every signature shoe since the XX has hit the outlets, hard!

$180 is out-of-pocket and out of the question.

Originally Posted by eddo1005

dog poo on feet detected!

Covering these in dog crap would be an improvement.

XV was a bit of a mess... but there was some sort of inspiration behind them.

XX1 and XX2 were plain, but at least they were clean, uncluttered.

These things are just a bunch of random panels mashed together.

Tinker, if you did most of the work on these, you've lost your mojo.

I like the design. It's definitely something MJ would wear, but I'll wait. These will be on sale eventually.

No wonder JB is putting out retros like crazy. They can't even design a decent sig shoe anymore. I'm sorry but these are boring compared to the Kobes and Lebrons that have released in the last few years...at least they try to be innovative. I'm sure they perform great but most people are not going to pay $180 for those. But whatever though more money I'm saving to buy something I like.

Originally Posted by dunks318ti

I wonder why D Wade switched out from them at halftime? They look ugly as sin...

probably because they are so ugly...most likely it was a comfort issue though....but those things look like they belong on Ronald McDonald's feet
roll.gif

Originally Posted by cubanref

No wonder JB is putting out retros like crazy. They can't even design a decent sig shoe anymore. I'm sorry but these are boring compared to the Kobes and Lebrons that have released in the last few years...at least they try to be innovative. I'm sure they perform great but most people are not going to pay $180 for those. But whatever though more money I'm saving to buy something I like.

I think they do try to be innovative but it doesn't work and people know better that it's just a marketing gimmick:

XX- introduction of IPS technology, no air
XX1- IPS technology, interchangeable AIR and ZM in the heel+ easy entry to shoe (no more shrouds, covers etc)
XX2- same as above, but with clear outsoles
XX3- Considered design, IPS with full-length zoom+ thumbprint design
2009- Full-length zoom, and extra heel piece
2010- Bottom-loaded full-length zoom, double-stacked in heel+ window

VERSUS

Kobe's and Lebron's

Kobe's: low-top, flywire, improving on flywire since the hyperdunks

Lebron's: moved away from zoom, incorporated 360 air max 

It's always something new with Jordan and it seems like they're "experimenting" then it doesn't hold up

^I kind of feel the same way...all of the Jordans my parents didn't buy for me (I-XIII) I love....but then I started working after High School and had money to buy them for myself and I didn't like any of them enough to buy them for myself...LOL...everyone has there own taste...I personally don't like these.

Why doesn't anybody ever show any love towards the XVIII? I personally put them in my top 3. They are soo simple and one of the most comfortable jordans ever made.

Originally Posted by KingTrojan43

^I kind of feel the same way...all of the Jordans my parents didn't buy for me (I-XIII) I love....but then I started working after High School and had money to buy them for myself and I didn't like any of them enough to buy them for myself...LOL...everyone has there own taste...I personally don't like these.
im with you.   id rather spend money on the new kobe or lbj.  i had no idea they were 2011. worse then the xv imo  

Originally Posted by jonas c8891

I think they do try to be innovative but it doesn't work and people know better that it's just a marketing gimmick:

XX- introduction of IPS technology, no air
XX1- IPS technology, interchangeable AIR and ZM in the heel+ easy entry to shoe (no more shrouds, covers etc)
XX2- same as above, but with clear outsoles
XX3- Considered design, IPS with full-length zoom+ thumbprint design
2009- Full-length zoom, and extra heel piece
2010- Bottom-loaded full-length zoom, double-stacked in heel+ window

VERSUS

Kobe's and Lebron's

Kobe's: low-top, flywire, improving on flywire since the hyperdunks

Lebron's: moved away from zoom, incorporated 360 air max 

It's always something new with Jordan and it seems like they're "experimenting" then it doesn't hold up

What I meant by innovative was that they were lacking it in the design department. They just seem like they put all their time and effort into performance and technology of the shoe that they forgot why people used to by his Sig shoes in the first place. I mean I'm all for performance and quality but you still have to catch my attention because we know that not everybody is going to ball in their J's. When Jordans came out they were different in a good way. Their designs were head and shoulders above the competition and people flocked to them. Every shoe for the most part had something that made it unique in terms of design, but these are so generic and boring that most won't be able to tell the difference between a sig shoe and a team Jordan shoe.I mean if you're going to charge $180 for a shoe at least make it look decent. JB knows they are still making a killing off retros so it seems like they are just using the sig shoe as a platform to experiment with technology, as you mentioned. If that's the case they should just do away with this sig shoe caca and separate JB into a casual, and performance technology department. This way at least people won't expect much in terms of design and you can cater to the people that are going to use the shoes for basketball. Anyways that's the end of my rant lol

^it's the same rant every year. they can't all be 3's, 6's and 11's. let it go.

jb simply can't win, people complain about designs being too unusual in the 2009 and 2010, so they listened and made them simpler, and still people complain. what do you really expect? you talk of kobe's with relation to innovation, yet their techs aren't anything special and they pretty much all look the same (relative to jordans).

still, i wouldn't pay retail on a new sig regardless of how good it looked, but i'll still probably cop on discount.

Originally Posted by jonas c8891

I agree with you completely, seems like Nike designers are doing a way better job than the guys at Jordan Brand.  I bet they (nike designers) even have a final say on how they want their products in the final release.  That's probably why Jason Mayden left the brand to go 'study', probably 'cause he couldn't take the crap at JB anymore...
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom