Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

Originally Posted by eltouha

^it's the same rant every year. they can't all be 3's, 6's and 11's. let it go.

jb simply can't win, people complain about designs being too unusual in the 2009 and 2010, so they listened and made them simpler, and still people complain. what do you really expect? you talk of kobe's with relation to innovation, yet their techs aren't anything special and they pretty much all look the same (relative to jordans).

still, i wouldn't pay retail on a new sig regardless of how good it looked, but i'll still probably cop on discount.
qft. i honestly think that new jordans don't look that good as the earlier models simply because
they're new. and we can't compare classics to these new models. we simply can't. like what do these people
even want to see? they threw fusions at us, retros, new models, new sig models. all everyone
wants are OG kicks. we have to let these people do their thing and TRY to make something new.
I personally find the 23s and the 2011s the best jordan sig since the XIVs... going back to its roots.
new CWs will be appreciated though..

jb simply can't win, people complain about designs being too unusual in the 2009 and 2010, so they listened and made them simpler, and still people complain. what do you really expect? you talk of kobe's with relation to innovation, yet their techs aren't anything special and they pretty much all look the same (relative to jordans).

still, i wouldn't pay retail on a new sig regardless of how good it looked, but i'll still probably cop on discount.
there's no incentive to cop da "game shoe".....its honestly a glorified team jordan.....

you know... The white/black 2011 has a sleek, clean, and minimalist look similar to the taxi XII's. These will look great on the court. Since I'm playing indoor hoops 3-4 days a week, these will be a nice addition to my hoop shoe rotation.

Why is everyone saying these look like clown shoes? I can see saying that if its in reference to the pic of wade high fiving his teammate because there is a curvature to the lens of the camera making the shoe look weird and enlongated. However, unless your completely blind u should know that. Now if the clown comment is referencing the color, I totally agree. I do like the shoe alot though and I cant wait to see the other colors. Once again a nice shoe that will have a yellowed sole. STOP with the translucent soles JB! Please!

Originally Posted by 2396Bulls

Why is everyone saying these look like clown shoes? I can see saying that if its in reference to the pic of wade high fiving his teammate because there is a curvature to the lens of the camera making the shoe look weird and enlongated. However, unless your completely blind u should know that. Now if the clown comment is referencing the color, I totally agree. I do like the shoe alot though and I cant wait to see the other colors. Once again a nice shoe that will have a yellowed sole. STOP with the translucent soles JB! Please!
i agree with this man 100%.  most of you bozos will be buying these clown shoes.  hardly anyone liked the XI's when they first dropped.  it happens with jordans all of the time.  they are dissed, then later on people come around on them.  these shoes are a nice classic design.  in tinker i trust.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

there's no incentive to cop da "game shoe".....its honestly a glorified team jordan.....

i just don't see it, bro. i'm not a fan of most team jordans (even the "classics" everyone here loves). they generally are a hodgepodge of generic jordan like shapes with a plastic jumpman stamped on an arbitrary place. every signature model has brought something unique, even the one i hate and refuse to ever buy (xviii). the 2011 does this also.

personally, i think they don't look very good on still images, but they look real nice in movement.

All the Jordan retros, foamposites, etc people go crazy over now were poorly received initially. I can't even remember a time when most people liked the new Air Jordan at first glance and I've been seriously collecting since the early 90s. The concord XI sat on shelves for months and was the butt of jokes from the public at the time. By the end of the season (and the Bulls' success during the season had a lot to do with it), the XI went from a joke to the must have shoe of the season as the bred XI sold out *quick* to the point that bred low tops had to be rushed out and those sold too even though they were hideous because Jordan was hot at the time.

If the Heat are contending for a championship at the end of the season, the 2011 will slowly be accepted and if they win the title, it will one day be revered. As it stands now, the 2011 has no context, just like all of the Jordans before it that people reacted negatively to.

My primary issue with this being the 2011 is that it is simply too close to the 11 in over all feel. The color blocking options, the plain midsole, the clear/icy bottoms, etc.

Even if the leather is a great quality, and you have the option between air/zoom, it still is a redone 11.

Ok, Jordan's now have no context ever since Michael stopped wearing them and winning games. 

They were also too futuristic for its time, that's why people thought of them to be ugly. 

Jordan's today aren't pushing the envelope, they're not as daring or futuristic but rather conservative and drawing on older models as inspiration. 

Well, they certainly have a different context now that they aren't being worn by the man who made people fall in love with the line to begin with. If some feel the recent Air Jordans have no connection to MJ beyond the name, I could certainly understand that position.

I personally like that the Air Jordan has continued and have been fond of several models over the last ten years, although to this day I despise the "Jordan Brand" and refuse to wear anything released under the JB banner beyond the sig model each year.

Yes, many of the legacy releases were too futuristic for casual tastes in their day. The same could be said for the Foamposite line (which struggled year after year to gain acceptance) as well as many other releases from the 80s and 90s.

But I would strongly disagree that the Jordans don't push the envelope anymore. The 2010 was a great shoe. A lot of people didn't like the window, but I loved it. The floating toecap was a tremendous innovation in my opinion and helped make the 2010 one of the best on the court Air Jordans in many many years.

If someone is turned off by the leaked pics of the 2011, so be it. I just think it's humorous that people seem to forget that most hate on the new Jordan when pics first leak almost every year and it's been like that since the line was still in single digits.

These shoes are trash, just another pair of Team Jordan lookalikes thrown together to get the "marks" to give up their money...

Not sure how you can determine they are trash without having worn them on the court. These are basketball sneakers right? Some of you seem to forget that.

The marks don't seem to be getting worked since the sig line usually turns heel and ends up in the outlets. Maybe it'll be a swerve this year though.

Originally Posted by Mister Saint Laurent

All the Jordan retros, foamposites, etc people go crazy over now were poorly received initially. I can't even remember a time when most people liked the new Air Jordan at first glance and I've been seriously collecting since the early 90s. The concord XI sat on shelves for months and was the butt of jokes from the public at the time. By the end of the season (and the Bulls' success during the season had a lot to do with it), the XI went from a joke to the must have shoe of the season as the bred XI sold out *quick* to the point that bred low tops had to be rushed out and those sold too even though they were hideous because Jordan was hot at the time.

If the Heat are contending for a championship at the end of the season, the 2011 will slowly be accepted and if they win the title, it will one day be revered. As it stands now, the 2011 has no context, just like all of the Jordans before it that people reacted negatively to.
QFT. So many Jordans of the past have been poorly received initially to only end up as classics or well respected performance shoes. The XI are a great example. I also remember seeing the flint XIIIs at the outlets for about $70 for months after the OG release. Now people are clamoring over poorly made retros and will shell out $160+ for them. Experience has shown me to hold judgment until we see if they perform and see what the final colorblocking looks like. I'm intrigued by the 2011s. Time will tell if I buy any.

I like this white colorway I kinda want them now I need some new ball shoes and these could be my new ones. i like the simple styling, I didn't understand the 2010 styling they seemed cheap and the holes were really cheesy, I heard they were really comfy but They were just too ugly for me to even add to my collection. These will be a good addition.

2010's are one of the most slept on sneakers it seems like. I have 2 pair and think they are great. Super quality materials, looks great in person, and are usually on some type of discount. I'm sure they are nice to ball in. I would even buy a third pair at a discount price.

Originally Posted by hustler79

2010's are one of the most slept on sneakers it seems like. I have 2 pair and think they are great. Super quality materials, looks great in person, and are usually on some type of discount. I'm sure they are nice to ball in. I would even buy a third pair at a discount price.

the only problem i have with the 2010 is that hole, the design wasnt bad but putting a clear circle in the middle of the shoe really threw it off

Back
Top Bottom