Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

Originally Posted by hustler79

2010's are one of the most slept on sneakers it seems like. I have 2 pair and think they are great. Super quality materials, looks great in person, and are usually on some type of discount. I'm sure they are nice to ball in. I would even buy a third pair at a discount price.

I am a big fan of the 2010 ! I only wear them casually and they are super comfy on my feet ! I love them just the way they are, they definitely got that uniqueness about them. I might cop a pair from east bay, the all black colourway with the clear blue soles ! These shoes look sick with the right pair of jeans on ! I'm sitting on the fence about the 2011's. They look hot in the D3 clip!

Originally Posted by juancho2379

It seems to me a clown shoe ....
Ugly

similar print execution like the take flights even the panels...no likey
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by cubanref

No wonder JB is putting out retros like crazy. They can't even design a decent sig shoe anymore.

Originally Posted by dunks318ti

I wonder why D Wade switched out from them at halftime? They look ugly as sin...

u answered ur own question, fam.

if these are really it, then these will undoubtedly take the crown as ugliest js EVAR!!

*EDIT*
also, even though it's subjective and i've fallen in such HATE with JB over the last few years, i think the "all js after the 14s are monstrocites" talk is flat out ridiculous. bred 16s (even cherrywoods), black/royal 18s, stealth 20s and 23s are all monstrocities?? really??
30t6p3b.gif

Something about these that I like, dont know what it is tho? But def would not pay retail for these!

^^^ thanks for sharing those detailed pics.

i like the idea of a simplistic design on a shoe designed for performance. still not sure if i like the design, but...my curiousity is piqued. i definitely am interested in performance reviews once people start getting their feet in them.

serious question - why isnt this post stickied? the xx3 post was stickied but not the 2009s, not the 2010s, and now not these.

no matter what the product looks like i think its just kind of ridiculous that whoever is in charge of doing that has made a personal decision about the last few shoes. its the flagship model - sticky the post gdmnt.

^^The XX3 is the last flagship model. The 2009,2010 and 2011 are not worth a sticky.

Originally Posted by tbrooks24

any other color ways?

Word.  They're going to look better in a different color, guaranteed.

That said, this looks like the plainest Jordan ever (up there with 12's and 21's IMO).  Not necessarily a bad thing... but that particular color scheme isn't going to help.

23 is back.com listed a black/charcoal colorwave for April (maybe it will be somthing similar to the 2010 -which I just picked up for $69 plus $25 off $100 purchase at a nike outlet, don't need them but I could not pass. They are comfortable, nice colorwave, and a good price-). 

Personally I like the white/black 2011 model.  My first pair of Jordans was the white/red 12's.  I remember the frozen moment commercial sold me the shoes.  It didn't matter how they looked in person I was going to buy them.  I got a lot of clown shoes comments (like the white/red 2011s), and I still regret not searching longer for the obsidians; nevertheless, the white/red 12s were pretty nice. 

Going back to the 2011s (IMHO) they are nice, not ground breaking and maybe they would fit better in the line of signature Jordans as a XIII model that never was instead of shoe that was design/engineered 12 years later, but I don't think they are a bad shoe. I will check them out on release date and one of two things will happen, I will pick them up and say no (like I did with the 2009s) or I'll pick them up and say yes (like I did with the 2010s). If I get them I will use reward gift cards, paying retail in general sucks.

When the true story and inspiration for the 11 (XI) comes out...watch the hype machine go into overdrive...trust.

Originally Posted by si3n4

Originally Posted by Mister Saint Laurent

All the Jordan retros, foamposites, etc people go crazy over now were poorly received initially. I can't even remember a time when most people liked the new Air Jordan at first glance and I've been seriously collecting since the early 90s. The concord XI sat on shelves for months and was the butt of jokes from the public at the time. By the end of the season (and the Bulls' success during the season had a lot to do with it), the XI went from a joke to the must have shoe of the season as the bred XI sold out *quick* to the point that bred low tops had to be rushed out and those sold too even though they were hideous because Jordan was hot at the time.

If the Heat are contending for a championship at the end of the season, the 2011 will slowly be accepted and if they win the title, it will one day be revered. As it stands now, the 2011 has no context, just like all of the Jordans before it that people reacted negatively to.
QFT. So many Jordans of the past have been poorly received initially to only end up as classics or well respected performance shoes. The XI are a great example. I also remember seeing the flint XIIIs at the outlets for about $70 for months after the OG release. Now people are clamoring over poorly made retros and will shell out $160+ for them. Experience has shown me to hold judgment until we see if they perform and see what the final colorblocking looks like. I'm intrigued by the 2011s. Time will tell if I buy any.

These are looking better to me. I like the clean look.

I'd like to see more colors.

can someone PS the Upper all black so we can have a spacejam inspired 2011? tia

Back
Top Bottom