Official Air Jordan VII Retro Filbert & Obsidians Release Thread 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Which one will you be buying?

• Filberts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Obsidians

• Both!

• Neither!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I'll be interested to see how people try to pull the Filbert joints off.... shoes are bad enough on their own without some clown wearing em with khakis and a shirt that says "I'm so fresh/swag" in matching colors.

How is anyone surprised these sold out?  Seriously?

If they made 330 in each cw and had it at a few HoHs then they probably didn't have more than 5 pairs online in any given size.  So how does that not sell out?  Seriously, we got over 400 million people in this country you're telling me there aren't 100 people of each size lining up on these.... it sold out cuz of the supply, not b/c of the demand.  If these were a GR the tans would go the way of the orios poppin on outlet for cost.

So I get it, ya'll hate it, and justifiably so, but surprised it sold out is just uninformed I mean if only the people who said they liked 'em in this thread tried to cop there'd still be somebody who they sold out on I'm willing to bet.

Screw it, I just got some af1s instead 03 wht/wht ds for less. 

Also I doubt anyone at JB is laughing all the way to the bank.  They're prolly grateful they're not losing their *** on this design.  JB prolly lost money on these.  330 pair even if they're making $70 profit that's only 23k and considering it's a new style and the patchwork had to have taken time in R&D so I'd be surprised if they released these for no other reason than to help mitigate their losses.  They're lucky some people really liked the obsidian, I'm not sure there've been more than a couple folks talking up the filbert dog diarhea lookin joints.

Last edited:
Everyone has their own opinion and honestly I like the obsidians enough to pay the $175 price tag.

Went down to nikeLA about 10 minutes after they opened to keep a pair on ice since I figured all of you guys hate on them.

completely sold out! there was a line the guy said and the thirst was real for these, sold out by 10:02 

Wasn't able to pick up my 4's yet, but these obsidians are fire to me 
nthat.gif

not sure why people are suprised these sold....Only ONE website had these, and a not many stores carried them in the US....theyre limited...very limtied it seems...ugly as $%^& but sold out cause of the small quantities made

Nice pics Z :pimp: Obsidians are okay at most, Filberts are terrible :x

Nike Portland received em' today & had a huge line... Only 20 pairs of each cw released

These are horribly ugly, cant believe people are even bidding on these.

I highly doubt it, but hope in 5 years these arn't in demand like the DBs, if some brand like louis vuitton makes this pattern popular nike will get the last laugh.

How is anyone surprised these sold out?  Seriously?
If they made 330 in each cw and had it at a few HoHs then they probably didn't have more than 5 pairs online in any given size.  So how does that not sell out?  Seriously, we got over 400 million people in this country you're telling me there aren't 100 people of each size lining up on these.... it sold out cuz of the supply, not b/c of the demand.  If these were a GR the tans would go the way of the orios poppin on outlet for cost.

Good point. I wonder how many pairs were actually sold nationwide. Still surprised these are going for anything over retail on Ebay, lol.

I agree with the other poster who said the photo posted by 23penny.com actually makes them look worse in my opinion.

LOL @ THE EFFORT PEOPLE ARE PUTTING IN TO HATE ON THESE. JUST MOVE ONTO SOMETHING YOU ACTUALLY LIKE. GETTING SALTY FOR SHOES YOU DON'T LIKE CUZ THEY SOLD OUT AND TALKING ABOUT SHOE GAME IS F'D UP? LOL

LOL @ THE EFFORT PEOPLE ARE PUTTING IN TO HATE ON THESE. JUST MOVE ONTO SOMETHING YOU ACTUALLY LIKE. GETTING SALTY FOR SHOES YOU DON'T LIKE CUZ THEY SOLD OUT AND TALKING ABOUT SHOE GAME IS F'D UP? LOL
Agreed. I dont care for them but i can see these being a hit with the kids.  Whats wrong with that?   Everyones taste is different. Some of these comments has me 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom