OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

My guess is Jd sports exclusives from maybe 2004. Unless they’re an identical re release or the photo is old, he’s playing with fire. 10-14 years tops with these trainers.

Great info everyone. Hard to keep up. My size pair still says in transit location USA.

I Am Si Guy I Am Si Guy , that photo is great. The grey suede actually looks to be brushable,:it has a nap to it, for what would be for the first first time since 2000. I still own some old pairs of 2000s and 2012 and 2020 sbs, so I’ll get to see for myself hopefully.
I won't get ahead of your experience in unboxing them for the first time but I do think you're going to like them a lot at the very least. The suede is very much brush-able and for sure has nice nap to it. Mucho 🤌🏾 my friend. Mucho!

Footpatrol pair arrived today and similar to a few others the final delivery was made by the post office. Got an alert on my phone that a package was in one of the parcel lockers which had me confused initially as the tracking info originated in Jersey. Single large box that had no damage. Everything checked out with the shoes, correct size, no marks or scuffs or smudges, not sure if I'd use FP again, double up now complete.

I won't get ahead of your experience in unboxing them for the first time but I do think you're going to like them a lot at the very least. The suede is very much brush-able and for sure has nice nap to it. Mucho 🤌🏾 my friend. Mucho!
If they’re anything close to the 2020 sbs (which retailed for $100. That’s crazy), I don’t see myself ranting or being disgruntled. I see many pairs with midsole glue sloppiness on the 2022s , plus I overpaid beyond regular means (which I’ve never done in 20 years on a trainer). So my radar is pinging. But times have changed. I buy 2-3 pairs a year tops so for the time being, I’m okay with the totality of it all.

The 2020 white leather was the closest to the 2000s easily. I’m picturing it close to the sc II qs and the auburn sc qs leathers at a fraction of the cost. The more textured nubuck was soft. The 2001-2012 retros we’re so average and bad thst we’re finally seeing through it.

Two people have now said these are near or beyond the 2000s so my hype level is rising. I own a crumbled pair with a great upper so best believe a thorough comparison is due.

If I can get a proper green color, the 2020 white leather with proper perforation, a brushable grey suede, that’s about as close as one can get. Tweak the sbs by 20% and that’s the winner imho.

Hello everybody,

Can someone explain me what is "performance leather" in the description of the og 1987 Air Trainer High?
Does is it the equivalent leather in the 2022 retro issue?

I'm a french guy and imo the 2022 version is the best version by far since the 2000 edition. I think Nike made a good job (I've triple the pair).

Thanks for your replies.

Hello everybody,

Can someone explain me what is "performance leather" in the description of the og 1987 Air Trainer High?
Does is it the equivalent leather in the 2022 retro issue?

I'm a french guy and imo the 2022 version is the best version by far since the 2000 edition. I think Nike made a good job (I've triple the pair).

Thanks for your replies.
Def not performance leather on the 2022 version. The type they used back then is long gone

The leather used on the 2022’s is definitely some sort of synthetic pleather. The grey suede makes up for it imo. I would rank these slightly behind the 2000 retro and that’s only due to the leather. Everything else is on point. These are a must if the Air Trainer 1 is one of your favorites. Some folks will also enjoy that the polyurethane is not bricklike.
969B79FB-A809-4B7F-900E-DE6CFC65FE2D.jpeg

Last edited:
I really want to see some in hand pics of the Midnight Navy. I wonder if the quality of those are the same these new Chloros.
I'm afraid they used the same materials on these... High quality leather on the nubuk parts and plastic leather (which is NO leather) on the white panels. Enough to think twice before getting those, in my opinion:emoji_confused:

Thanks for the info!
It would be appreciated if you people who are wearing them could post some pics, too. Just to see how it creases (it they do).

Wonder if these will hit outlets like 2012.
I would love to think they would to grab under retail but SB pair sold out everywhere pretty quick from what I recall. Then there's the Travis pair that might bring more hype to it.

I like the shape and all but the green is not “chlorophyll” green like the originals or other retros…the SBs are a lot better for the green imo
The original color was more of a pine green/Kermit green rather than a chloro. AFAIK, we didn't see the chloro green until the 2000 release (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). As such, this 2022 release is as close to the OG as we've seen in many years.

1649067741649.png

1649067757163.png

Back
Top Bottom