Official BBQ thread

Only like the 3rd time trying to make pizza at home...first one got stuck so made a calzone stromboli hybrid....2nd one was redemption...came out good...ready to try again
20230625_181303.jpg

20230625_175135.jpg

This farmer by me has oxtail for a good price. How would I go about making this?

Spg rub and smoke until tender? Never smoked oxtail but it looks fire.

Traditionally you’d braise oxtail.

If you can’t do that low and slow is probably the way to go - but I’m not sure how tender it would get.

I think he sells it so it makes sense to smoke so much.

I just rolled up to this farm because he had a sign saying he sold beef and chicken. and he had a shed with freezers full of beef tongue, oxtail, beef sausage, fresh eggs, honey and you name it.

Dude just had a cam and a square card reader so you serve yourself, Super smart.

This farmer by me has oxtail for a good price. How would I go about making this?

Spg rub and smoke until tender? Never smoked oxtail but it looks fire.

I did it for the first item for the July 4th holiday. We are Carribean so obviously normally pressure cook. Wife loved them smoked but the ends got burnt. So I would definitely regulate heat to 200-250 and maybe wrap in a banana leaf or something else. I smoked on the top shelf and had a foil pan at the lower one to collect drippings. Later on I moved the oxtail into into their juices.

I’ll cop one next time I’m at that farm and throw something together. Probably just be a combo of all your guys cooks.

Back
Top Bottom