Official BBQ thread

Don't have a wood chip box but use a wood pellet tube. Not sure how different it is with burning chips but never had bad flavor adding this to my smoker but pellets burn a little different I guess

I'd just use the box on some cheap chicken and experiment 🤷🏿‍♂️

smoke-box.jpg
i've used this with pellets and wood chips with much success

First time smoking a ribeye on the KJ. Smoked with hickory at 225-250 for a little under an hour until it reached 128 internal. Then got the heat up and seared for about a minute each side until about 135 internal. I usually sous vide then sear but may never go back. Smoking adds so much flavor and really doesn’t take that much more effort with the Meater probe.
07FCCFB2-FCCC-4DCE-842A-82DABD1D1716.jpeg
7130C058-93FE-4480-848C-47E8A2B84B39.jpeg

Packaging on the rub got me and I love a good honey mustard wing so gave this a go. Mixed the rub with the IPA and let the wings marinade for 2 hours. Then smoked at 250, crisped over fire, tossed in honey mustard sauce then back on the grill for a minute to tack up.
24CFB378-2F16-4A56-9C32-23D425F1842D.jpeg

F045DC65-8C1E-4172-BE66-FF6F7A0384B6.jpeg

That said, wasn’t a fan :lol:. The wings had this weird after taste from the marinade. I’ll stick to Wickers or simple salt water brine.

Burnt ends look 🔥 but I’m looking for some rib tips, they only have regular ribs.

Damn. Yeah man my wife's family would always get Bludso’s bbq for hoildays.....I don't know how that place is in business. IMO the flavor compared to other places I have been is horrible.

Only BBQ spot I mess with in LA is Moo's. There is a spot in SD names Coop's that has bomb rib tips.

Some wings and ribs off the grill. My mother said the wings were burnt :smh: They weren't. Went with chicken fried rice and stir fried Io mein.

image(1).jpg
image(2).jpg
image(3).jpg
image.jpg

20220717_191316.jpg

My Snake River Farm steaks came in Sunday. All of it high grade American wagyu. Very flavorful and tender. Started off small yesterday with the fillet mignons.

20220718_202827.jpg
20220718_203921.jpg
20220718_204718.jpg

When I'm done with this gonna order from Grand Western steaks and get some Japanese A5 wagyu. Hopefully before the summer is over

Last edited:
Master Zik Master Zik Our local butcher has semiannual sales where we bought the American wagyu from Snake River at bulk pricing. Very good steak don’t get me wrong but I don’t know if it’s worth the price premium over a good USDA prime cut.

Check your local Costco to see if they carry Japanese A5 in store. Mine did for a brief time. I’ve also tried the Australian wagyu ribeye and picanha from Grand Western. Very, very good especially the MBS 7.

Master Zik Master Zik Our local butcher has semiannual sales where we bought the American wagyu from Snake River at bulk pricing. Very good steak don’t get me wrong but I don’t know if it’s worth the price premium over a good USDA prime cut.

Check your local Costco to see if they carry Japanese A5 in store. Mine did for a brief time. I’ve also tried the Australian wagyu ribeye and picanha from Grand Western. Very, very good especially the MBS 7.
Man I could've made that purchase months ago. I been eying a few of those sites for a while but the packages and my choices were not matching right.

This was my first purchase so I got a considerable discount on top of the 4th of July sale they were having. Plus I had some excess cash to just say **** it and buy it. Probably will only do this 2 or 3 times a year.

I never have enough time to go shopping and when I go to my local joint or Costco I miss it by a day or they get the trash cuts left.

I need a new go to butcher. I had one but the pande IV forced him to move :smh:

Guga from SousVideEverything/GugaFoods is the main reason I'm going to try GWS. The picanha and the Australian wagyu are on my list.

Back
Top Bottom