Official Bitcoin Thread

Took out a 100k loan at 19 percent to buy dogecoin.

to the moon we go

risitas.gif

アミーゴ アミーゴ not sure how much you can share, but are you and the co. working on any hedging strategies? Im trying to educate myself on potential bear market hedging strategies for DeFi and hoping to pick your brain about what protocols exist to help mitigate downside risk in a bear market. Like, OTM btc options are fine and all, but that's kind of just insurance in case theres a black Swan. Hoping to find out if you have any shareable, deeper knowledge on specific protocols/projects that exist to offer more advanced hedging protection.

Not even sure that's specific enough to help with a pointed answer, but I guess that shows my lack of sight in the crypto hedging market.

Speaking of taxes on the previous page what do you guys use to account for it?

I used Koinly last year and it was pretty smooth and easy to navigate. It was like 70$ and you just import your accounts, IG: coinbase, binance.us etc., and it will process all the transactions you had. There was some transactions that did not show up from an old binance account but I just had to manually add those. I didn't use MetaMask much before this year so i'm not sure how well Koinly deals with it.

I been agonizing over whether or not to pull the trigger on Strong. Feel like I need to do it just to say I have a legit node. RING is finally paying out rewards again and surprisingly BRIG has been doing well. But I think Strong well be around for a while with all these new partnerships and future decay rewards model happening.

Price is right. But them damn ETH fees though. :smh:

Watching some old youtubes, apparently they used to pay .2 strong a day? Damn.

Trying to stake my Time and although I have more than enough AVAX in my metamask for fees, it just says pending and never actually stakes anything.

I also tried to increase the fees from the suggested ones. Still nothing.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

アミーゴ アミーゴ not sure how much you can share, but are you and the co. working on any hedging strategies? Im trying to educate myself on potential bear market hedging strategies for DeFi and hoping to pick your brain about what protocols exist to help mitigate downside risk in a bear market. Like, OTM btc options are fine and all, but that's kind of just insurance in case theres a black Swan. Hoping to find out if you have any shareable, deeper knowledge on specific protocols/projects that exist to offer more advanced hedging protection.

Not even sure that's specific enough to help with a pointed answer, but I guess that shows my lack of sight in the crypto hedging market.
yield farm stable coins as you wait to deploy money into new positions. defi deposits, lp'ing, gemini earn, etc. are your friend

yield farm stable coins as you wait to deploy money into new positions. defi deposits, lp'ing, gemini earn, etc. are your friend
For sure. I was trying to think of more sophisticated mthods that a large fund or defi treasury :nerd: would plan for, like using negative beta correlating assets and derivatives. Something that grows as a bear market progresses. Stable coin farming is already on the list, better believe that. And ideas for more risky alternatives?

Anyone know much about the Psychedelics Anonymous project?

Also, holy crap:

NIKE, Inc. Acquires RTFKT

NIKE, Inc. today announced the acquisition of RTFKT, a leading brand that leverages cutting edge innovation to deliver next generation collectibles that merge culture and gaming.

“This acquisition is another step that accelerates Nike’s digital transformation and allows us to serve athletes and creators at the intersection of sport, creativity, gaming and culture,” says John Donahoe, President and CEO of NIKE, Inc. “We’re acquiring a very talented team of creators with an authentic and connected brand. Our plan is to invest in the RTFKT brand, serve and grow their innovative and creative community and extend Nike’s digital footprint and capabilities.”

Founded in 2020, by Benoit Pagotto, Chris Le and Steven Vasilev, RTFKT is a pioneering and innovative brand that redefines the boundaries of physical and digital value to serve their broad community of creators. This dedicated team leverages the latest in game engines, NFTs, blockchain authentication and augmented reality to create one of a kind virtual products and experiences.

“This is a unique opportunity to build the RTFKT brand and we are excited to benefit from Nike’s foundational strength and expertise to build the communities we love,” says Benoit Pagotto, one of RTFKT’s co-founders. “Nike is the only brand in the world that shares the deep passion we all have for innovation, creativity and community, and we’re excited to grow our brand which was fully formed in the metaverse.”

The terms of the deal will not be disclosed.

This is some full circle **** LOL

Last edited:
For sure. I was trying to think of more sophisticated mthods that a large fund or defi treasury :nerd: would plan for, like using negative beta correlating assets and derivatives. Something that grows as a bear market progresses. Stable coin farming is already on the list, better believe that. And ideas for more risky alternatives?
I’ve got some play money sitting ribbon.finance in automated options selling pools where they sell covered calls and naked puts and I take in premium. Risk is capped to what I deposited. But it’s a Ponzi so you pay a penalty to withdraw.

Yeah this is where I’ve been focused the last year in all honesty - reporting returns on a daily/weekly basis is the new norm - I’ve seen it all in regards to clients wanting to shorten lockups and threatening with legal lol

Strategy is tied into what most funds run but just at scale - same with my farming - I can eat just off of that for years

I been agonizing over whether or not to pull the trigger on Strong. Feel like I need to do it just to say I have a legit node. RING is finally paying out rewards again and surprisingly BRIG has been doing well. But I think Strong well be around for a while with all these new partnerships and future decay rewards model happening.

Price is right. But them damn ETH fees though. :smh:

Watching some old youtubes, apparently they used to pay .2 strong a day? Damn.

don’t agonize over it bro. :lol:

partial nodes are coming. Just cop a couple of those and reduce the risk.

the price won’t go up until then anyways I don’t think.

you got whales selling off and not enough people buying in because 4k is a lot of money. Once you can start a position for 400 vs 4000 I think we’ll be gucci.

hmmm 4k for a strong node. what exactly are those nodes securing? is strongblock an L1? i have done zero research on that one.

I haven't been in the Telegram group for a bit. F1 got me messed up.
What was the reaction to the hearing in the group?
despite the favorable news from the senate hearings as well as new tokenomics/governance, the tg group is now near riot after a week of kumbaya. at least 1 big holder capitulated. ceo bob said people can dm him middle of the month if they’re not happy and people are drafting their dm’s 😂
i ended up staking a small bag for a year and have the rest parked and chilling. thinking of consolidating even more into ID but we’ll see. if you bought any ID on bsc, swap it out because they’re changing the contract and using a diff bridge. i think relay chain.

Back
Top Bottom