Official Bitcoin Thread

Ltc isn't a copy per se, and what stablecoin do you speak of? Why wouldn't ltc be used if it can be run on the same payment system as bitcoin. Bitcoin is the key to all of this. There will never be a time where bitcoin isn't the top cryptocurrency in terms of store of value. Now if litecoin can facilitate the growth of bitcoin so it can be used in everyday commerce as well as a store of value. Why wouldNT litecoin be looked at as spending money and bitcoin as a commodity? Just imagine , In the future you'll be able to get paid in litecoin and possibly atomic swap a portion into your bitcoin wallet without even doing the transfer. But hey litecoin is worthless.

Spending money doesn't have massive fluctuations.... If you can't price things and know it's worth the same tomorrow it's inferior as a currency.
Bitcoin is already a store of value with far greater stability and adoption, which leaves LTC useless.

Check out DAI, decentralized stablecoins have a way better chance of being used for day to day currencies in the future.

My whole thing with LTC tho is, what is sustaining it as a top 5 coin?

Coinbase is the only real reason why LTC is mentioned in major media. It’s the biggest name in crypto outside of bitcoin itself and Charlie worked there and launched his project on the platform.

When the market ran last year, LTC was in the right place at the right time. It was the cheapest option on what was at one point the most downloaded app in the world. Charlie didn’t know how to handle that. And it showed when he wrote that copout of a letter when he sold. He doesn’t have what it takes to run a project and hold a majority share over his company

What happens if coinbase were to ever drop LTC from the exchange? It won’t sustain itself. CB is keeping LTC alive imo
this is where facts and opinion come into play...

Attachments

• lite.png
    lite.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 35
this is where facts and opinion come into play...

That is true now, but my point was really coming from what gained LTC that recognition? It wasn’t until coinbase blew up and LTC was accessible to the casual investor that it made its bull run.

My whole problem with LTC isn’t its use or the tech, my gripe is with Charlie not doing as best of a job as he should be.

But we can’t overlook what got LTC to the highs it once reached. If anything, Dash and Monero are projects that really grew themselves without having to piggyback on the bitcoin memes and “it’s like bitcoin but faster” as the only explanation.

Coinbase carrying LTC to the top is what raised its value across all other platforms. When we heard about the “big 3” it wasn’t because of which project were the 3 best, it was moreso because they were for a long period the only 3 currencies on coinbase.

I just want to see MORE from the project. I want to see some execution and implementation. It’s like Charlie is waiting for bitcoin to do all of the heavy lifting so he can just jump in on the way up and enjoy the ride.

That is true now, but my point was really coming from what gained LTC that recognition? It wasn’t until coinbase blew up and LTC was accessible to the casual investor that it made its bull run.

My whole problem with LTC isn’t its use or the tech, my gripe is with Charlie not doing as best of a job as he should be.

But we can’t overlook what got LTC to the highs it once reached. If anything, Dash and Monero are projects that really grew themselves without having to piggyback on the bitcoin memes and “it’s like bitcoin but faster” as the only explanation.

Coinbase carrying LTC to the top is what raised its value across all other platforms. When we heard about the “big 3” it wasn’t because of which project were the 3 best, it was moreso because they were for a long period the only 3 currencies on coinbase.

I just want to see MORE from the project. I want to see some execution and implementation. It’s like Charlie is waiting for bitcoin to do all of the heavy lifting so he can just jump in on the way up and enjoy the ride.

LTC went from 3 dollars to 21 dollars from Jan - May of last year.... litecoin was added on may 3rd from may 3rd to Oct 3rd LTC went from 21 dollars to 50 dollars... from october on LTC really went parabolic but so did 100s of other coins. Coinbase doesnt even have the most volume on LTC . either way you sound like you hold some litecoin or did at some point. LTC is a top crypto whether its founder is marketable or not.

pretty sure we will surpass all time highs on the next bull run... I hope the next run can occur without the ETF being passed, we sure dont need it. I just want us to get rich.

LTC went from 3 dollars to 21 dollars from Jan - May of last year.... litecoin was added on may 3rd from may 3rd to Oct 3rd LTC went from 21 dollars to 50 dollars... from october on LTC really went parabolic but so did 100s of other coins. Coinbase doesnt even have the most volume on LTC . either way you sound like you hold some litecoin or did at some point. LTC is a top crypto whether its founder is marketable or not.

pretty sure we will surpass all time highs on the next bull run... I hope the next run can occur without the ETF being passed, we sure dont need it. I just want us to get rich.

I hope you’re right. I’m just skeptical on those huge % increases happening at such a rapid rate for crypto going forward. (I by no means have ANY problem with it happening tho :lol: )

I’m definitely all in for everyone getting rich

stablecoins is trash
How can the concept be trash? USDT isn't even a true stablecoin and has 10x the daily volume of LTC alone(3Billion). I don't think you understand the concept, so I'll just stop there.

In regards to LTC, you can't name one real use case for it that's better than BTC.

How can the concept be trash? USDT isn't even a true stablecoin and has 10x the daily volume of LTC alone(3Billion). I don't think you understand the concept, so I'll just stop there.

In regards to LTC, you can't name one real use case for it that's better than BTC.

USDT is no different that VC you get in 2k... the same value it had yesterday it will have today. I totally understand the concept. We are not at the concept stage of crypto we are in the money making and adoption phase of crypto. USDT is just play money with no intiristic value besides what they say they have on the books... Im not day trading this stuff so i dont care about swing trades and holding USDT on exchanges for a quick flip...
All that can be done with fiat..

LTC is coming to a phone near you......

USDT is no different that VC you get in 2k... the same value it had yesterday it will have today. I totally understand the concept. We are not at the concept stage of crypto we are in the money making and adoption phase of crypto. USDT is just play money with no intiristic value besides what they say they have on the books... Im not day trading this stuff so i dont care about swing trades and holding USDT on exchanges for a quick flip...
All that can be done with fiat..

LTC is coming to a phone near you......
Stablecoins aren't investments.... They are for reduced volatility of everyday payments, and far superior to LTC in that regard. Why would LTC gain adoption as a currency?

For now ltc is the easiest to send and swap.

But ripple has been putting in the infrastructure for something much better.

I saw Charlie Lee on a panel with ripple and they both made mention that their coins were centered around payments, but ripple has a lot more going on. Plus a company putting in work vs, a guy who seemingly goes on Twitter rants andand sell all his coins makes it seem like he's not that interested in the project.

XRP becoming a base pair on exchanges soon and alos handling back end liquidity is a big deal. Plus Coil? Ltc is still ltc but the difference in speed is a few minutes vs a few seconds.

Truth be told, just like fiat gateways....there will be many crypto gateways. To say, “why u need ____coin when bitcoin aleady does that.”

No, it doesnt.

Confirmations, time, failed tx, cost, routes, anonymity, etc all play a role.

Last edited:
Truth be told, just like fiat gateways....there will be many crypto gateways. To say, “why u need ____coin when bitcoin aleady does that.”

No, it doesnt.

Confirmations, time, failed tx, cost, routes, anonymity, etc all play a role.
We're specifically talking about Litecoin here. Other coins have different code bases and functionality/consensus , LTC is literally a mirror of Bitcoin. There's no technical advantage for any of the attributes you described.

Back
Top Bottom