Official Dallas Mavericks vs. OKC Thunder (WCF) Thread. Dallas Mavericks Western Conference Champs

I feel like Dirk having Chandler to go hard with him in practice has helped him a lot.
Word is Dirk stays in the states during the summer now instead of going to Germany.

I feel like Dirk having Chandler to go hard with him in practice has helped him a lot.
Word is Dirk stays in the states during the summer now instead of going to Germany.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Dirk shot 3 FTs on techs and 2 more in garbage time when the game was over...

Is 19 FTs really that ridiculous? Gimme a break.
Dudes just searching for excuses. They need to just acknowledge one of the greatest playoff performances ever and move on to game 2.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Dirk shot 3 FTs on techs and 2 more in garbage time when the game was over...

Is 19 FTs really that ridiculous? Gimme a break.
Dudes just searching for excuses. They need to just acknowledge one of the greatest playoff performances ever and move on to game 2.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by flores

Nate cant handle Barea 
laugh.gif
How a short guy can't even guard a short guy is amazing to me
roll.gif

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

Originally Posted by DT43

roll.gif
roll.gif
YES! i remember that. 
someone needs to find that. Barea would utterly rape everyone on this board in 1 on 1

There are no pick and rolls in 1 on 1 basketball, nor is their lightweight slow closeouts because you are recovering from having helped off to Dirk.
This, JJ aint no 1 on 1 type guy.
he may not be a 1-on-1 player in the NBA, against NBA-caliber players, because he knows his role. 
but he clearly has the skillset to destroy lesser players (you/all of NT) in 1-on-1. dude is a lights out shooter and has a lightning quick crossover.. that he probably wouldn't even use because he'd just hit 11 straight jumpers in your eye

Originally Posted by DT43

roll.gif
roll.gif
YES! i remember that. 
someone needs to find that. Barea would utterly rape everyone on this board in 1 on 1

There are no pick and rolls in 1 on 1 basketball, nor is their lightweight slow closeouts because you are recovering from having helped off to Dirk.
he may not be a 1-on-1 player in the NBA, against NBA-caliber players, because he knows his role. 
but he clearly has the skillset to destroy lesser players (you/all of NT) in 1-on-1. dude is a lights out shooter and has a lightning quick crossover.. that he probably wouldn't even use because he'd just hit 11 straight jumpers in your eye

Originally Posted by JD214

He dominated Nate, Though.
even on the little crossover and scoop layup play, Nate is looking to his right then jumping on JJ's high side (Nate's right, JJ's left) because he thought a screen was about to come. Again, in 1 on 1, that drive would be defended entirely differently.

But yea I'd get murked, but it's still worth noting 5 on 5 =/= 1 on 1

Originally Posted by mr2cool80

Yo Real Talk, they HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT HOW CLOSE THE CAMERA CREWS ARE TO THE BASELINE!!!!!!!!

I've said that for years, and I know guys like JVG have made the point before too. It has happened before that players get injured, generally turned ankles, on them but it's going to take a serious injury and/or a high profile player before they really look at it. It makes no sense though. I have a 90$ 1080p cam where I can be in the cheap seats and zoom all the way in to look like I'm mere inches from my subject, no way those $19,000 cameras need to be 3ft from the action to get their shot.

i remember 1 or 2 years ago i think shaq stepped on some camera mans neck
frown.gif

risk for both parties.

Originally Posted by JD214

He dominated Nate, Though.
even on the little crossover and scoop layup play, Nate is looking to his right then jumping on JJ's high side (Nate's right, JJ's left) because he thought a screen was about to come. Again, in 1 on 1, that drive would be defended entirely differently.

But yea I'd get murked, but it's still worth noting 5 on 5 =/= 1 on 1

Originally Posted by mr2cool80

Yo Real Talk, they HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT HOW CLOSE THE CAMERA CREWS ARE TO THE BASELINE!!!!!!!!

I've said that for years, and I know guys like JVG have made the point before too. It has happened before that players get injured, generally turned ankles, on them but it's going to take a serious injury and/or a high profile player before they really look at it. It makes no sense though. I have a 90$ 1080p cam where I can be in the cheap seats and zoom all the way in to look like I'm mere inches from my subject, no way those $19,000 cameras need to be 3ft from the action to get their shot.

i remember 1 or 2 years ago i think shaq stepped on some camera mans neck
frown.gif

risk for both parties.

damn, westbrook's x button was broken again 
30t6p3b.gif

also, the ft numbers were virtually the same, so i dont know how to argue against Dirk's 48 tonight 

he simply went off

damn, westbrook's x button was broken again 
30t6p3b.gif

also, the ft numbers were virtually the same, so i dont know how to argue against Dirk's 48 tonight 

he simply went off

We'll be fine I don't think JJ will play like this again in game 2 and hopefully Dirk won't either.

We just got to steal one

We'll be fine I don't think JJ will play like this again in game 2 and hopefully Dirk won't either.

We just got to steal one

If the thunder doubles with Kidd's man then everyone else should stay with their man. Most of the first passes go to Kidd and the defender runs at him. I don't even think kidd would take that many shots even if left wide open

Yeah? How about you peep the stats from Game 1. Guy had 6 threes one game. You don't leave Kidd open. You'd rather leave him open than Peja (who was a ghost tonight
tired.gif
) or JET, but still.

And on every one of them clips Legler got playing in the background, the defender got two hands in his back, reaching around, trying to fight out front...

Exactly, stuff they're going to call when they dictate early that this is how the game will be called. Very to the book.

Go back and look, champ... I was throwing that 2006 team under the bus DURING their run to the Finals... Everyone talking about how deep they were and all that nonsense... That team wasn't that good. I've never talked about the refs taking that title from them. That team was kinda garbage and got to the Finals because of how good Dirk was through the first three rounds...

I don't agree with Nowitness, but he's 100% right on HIS assertion of this team. He's been one of the most critical dudes about us, and that's not even including the haters. When our guys suck, he'll call us out.

Even though you were a ghost for the regular season....
grin.gif
laugh.gif

I'll post my thesis about this game tomorrow morning.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

If the thunder doubles with Kidd's man then everyone else should stay with their man. Most of the first passes go to Kidd and the defender runs at him. I don't even think kidd would take that many shots even if left wide open

Yeah? How about you peep the stats from Game 1. Guy had 6 threes one game. You don't leave Kidd open. You'd rather leave him open than Peja (who was a ghost tonight
tired.gif
) or JET, but still.

And on every one of them clips Legler got playing in the background, the defender got two hands in his back, reaching around, trying to fight out front...

Exactly, stuff they're going to call when they dictate early that this is how the game will be called. Very to the book.

Go back and look, champ... I was throwing that 2006 team under the bus DURING their run to the Finals... Everyone talking about how deep they were and all that nonsense... That team wasn't that good. I've never talked about the refs taking that title from them. That team was kinda garbage and got to the Finals because of how good Dirk was through the first three rounds...

I don't agree with Nowitness, but he's 100% right on HIS assertion of this team. He's been one of the most critical dudes about us, and that's not even including the haters. When our guys suck, he'll call us out.

Even though you were a ghost for the regular season....
grin.gif
laugh.gif

I'll post my thesis about this game tomorrow morning.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom