Official Dallas Mavericks vs. OKC Thunder (WCF) Thread. Dallas Mavericks Western Conference Champs

Great vid SP, looks like AAC was POPPIN.
pimp.gif

I envy you man..
30t6p3b.gif

You should snag me one of those shirts,
nerd.gif

Say what you will about the officiating, say what you will about the game itself...

This was one of the best performances I've seen in modern day in the playoffs. He made all the right decisions, all the right plays. Thunder just could not stop him.

If only Scotty Brooks realized that he could have done the exact same thing with KD, having the ball entered in to him at 18 feet as opposed to 35 feet from the rim. KD had an insane game as well, but just think how much better it could have been if he was on the right position on the floor for even half the game. Dude had to force his way just to get halfway to the rim, while Dirk was already there when he squared up.

This series will be going at least 6. Thunder played well, especially considering that they just came off of a one day break from a seven game series, and an older/smarter team had an 8 day break to rest up.

Great game, going to be a great series. No matter who wins this series, Im confident that they will compete well in the finals.

Say what you will about the officiating, say what you will about the game itself...

This was one of the best performances I've seen in modern day in the playoffs. He made all the right decisions, all the right plays. Thunder just could not stop him.

If only Scotty Brooks realized that he could have done the exact same thing with KD, having the ball entered in to him at 18 feet as opposed to 35 feet from the rim. KD had an insane game as well, but just think how much better it could have been if he was on the right position on the floor for even half the game. Dude had to force his way just to get halfway to the rim, while Dirk was already there when he squared up.

This series will be going at least 6. Thunder played well, especially considering that they just came off of a one day break from a seven game series, and an older/smarter team had an 8 day break to rest up.

Great game, going to be a great series. No matter who wins this series, Im confident that they will compete well in the finals.

Most of that happened while Tyson was out.

Harden is a damn smart basketball player. He was picking us apart in the third quarter, and he prevented it from being a blowout.

We'll figure something out. We found a gameplan to stop Russ, we just need to work on making sure we don't commit too many fouls.

It's very promising that we can win in the face of adversity like that though. 43 FT's is a ton.

I wouldn't expect that many from the Bulls, but it's something we could see from the Heat.

But, once again, we ain't even there yet.

Most of that happened while Tyson was out.

Harden is a damn smart basketball player. He was picking us apart in the third quarter, and he prevented it from being a blowout.

We'll figure something out. We found a gameplan to stop Russ, we just need to work on making sure we don't commit too many fouls.

It's very promising that we can win in the face of adversity like that though. 43 FT's is a ton.

I wouldn't expect that many from the Bulls, but it's something we could see from the Heat.

But, once again, we ain't even there yet.

son was destroying the rim on those dunks. But it was a function of how they were trapping Russ and even moreso KD on every screen action including before recieving the ball. I don't think Dallas is too concerned, at least not enough so to concede more 1 on 1 coverage to those guys in order to have someone stay home on Serge on the weak side.

What is the seating capacity at AAC? I have been to a few games there, friggin HUGE. It has a 4th bowl actually on the baseline, I sat there one time. Players looked like they were miles away and it's hella steep. Then outside the arena after the game there was a truck giving out free tortillas (cooked) with NOTHING on it in the steps/foyer of the arena. No lie. This was WAY back in the day, they still had Raja then and he was actually a real tough guy and hadn't yet turned into the flopping $!+$% he is now

son was destroying the rim on those dunks. But it was a function of how they were trapping Russ and even moreso KD on every screen action including before recieving the ball. I don't think Dallas is too concerned, at least not enough so to concede more 1 on 1 coverage to those guys in order to have someone stay home on Serge on the weak side.

What is the seating capacity at AAC? I have been to a few games there, friggin HUGE. It has a 4th bowl actually on the baseline, I sat there one time. Players looked like they were miles away and it's hella steep. Then outside the arena after the game there was a truck giving out free tortillas (cooked) with NOTHING on it in the steps/foyer of the arena. No lie. This was WAY back in the day, they still had Raja then and he was actually a real tough guy and hadn't yet turned into the flopping $!+$% he is now

I really liked what I saw when Russ and KD slashed though. Tyson and Marion closed up the paint and didn't allow very many baskets.

If refs don't call so many goddamn fouls, would've been a little big bigger margin, we outshot them without a doubt. 53% to 47%.

Also, just watching highlights, what the hell was Perkins problem at the beginning of the game? Dude hooked Tyson's arm, and didn't let go, so Tyson gives him a nudge, and dude finds the urge to smell Tyson's pits? *##?
roll.gif

Also,
eek.gif
@ that drive and dunk by Dirk early on Iblocka. WOW.

I really liked what I saw when Russ and KD slashed though. Tyson and Marion closed up the paint and didn't allow very many baskets.

If refs don't call so many goddamn fouls, would've been a little big bigger margin, we outshot them without a doubt. 53% to 47%.

Also, just watching highlights, what the hell was Perkins problem at the beginning of the game? Dude hooked Tyson's arm, and didn't let go, so Tyson gives him a nudge, and dude finds the urge to smell Tyson's pits? *##?
roll.gif

Also,
eek.gif
@ that drive and dunk by Dirk early on Iblocka. WOW.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

If the thunder doubles with Kidd's man then everyone else should stay with their man. Most of the first passes go to Kidd and the defender runs at him. I don't even think kidd would take that many shots even if left wide open

Yeah? How about you peep the stats from Game 1. Guy had 6 threes one game. You don't leave Kidd open. You'd rather leave him open than Peja (who was a ghost tonight
tired.gif
) or JET, but still.

which game one? terry and peja have been better than kidd and more consistent and they are just flat out better shooters...you leave kidd open unless you wanna get raped FOR SURE by terry, peja, and nowitzki

remember how the lakers doubled kidd ON THE THREE POINT LINE AT TIMES and left dirk wide open? yeah if you are gonna let someone beat you it better be kidd or the other scrubs not named barea, peja, and terry

If the thunder doubles with Kidd's man then everyone else should stay with their man. Most of the first passes go to Kidd and the defender runs at him. I don't even think kidd would take that many shots even if left wide open

Yeah? How about you peep the stats from Game 1. Guy had 6 threes one game. You don't leave Kidd open. You'd rather leave him open than Peja (who was a ghost tonight
tired.gif
) or JET, but still.

which game one? terry and peja have been better than kidd and more consistent and they are just flat out better shooters...you leave kidd open unless you wanna get raped FOR SURE by terry, peja, and nowitzki

remember how the lakers doubled kidd ON THE THREE POINT LINE AT TIMES and left dirk wide open? yeah if you are gonna let someone beat you it better be kidd or the other scrubs not named barea, peja, and terry

Originally Posted by knightngale

tired.gif
) or JET, but still.

Kidd went ham Game one versus Portland.

Originally Posted by knightngale

tired.gif
) or JET, but still.

Kidd went ham Game one versus Portland.

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

There are no pick and rolls in 1 on 1 basketball, nor is their lightweight slow closeouts because you are recovering from having helped off to Dirk.
This, JJ aint no 1 on 1 type guy.
he may not be a 1-on-1 player in the NBA, against NBA-caliber players, because he knows his role. 
but he clearly has the skillset to destroy lesser players (you/all of NT) in 1-on-1. dude is a lights out shooter and has a lightning quick crossover.. that he probably wouldn't even use because he'd just hit 11 straight jumpers in your eye

Wow! Seriously took the words right out of my brain. Not a mavs fan not a jj fan but NT is ridiculous if they don't think ANY NBA player ain't sonnin the best player on here straight 21-0 status. Like seriously, jj could take the whole summer off come through to the court you've played at your whole life and embarass you beyond recognition in front of your mom and your cousins.

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

There are no pick and rolls in 1 on 1 basketball, nor is their lightweight slow closeouts because you are recovering from having helped off to Dirk.
This, JJ aint no 1 on 1 type guy.
he may not be a 1-on-1 player in the NBA, against NBA-caliber players, because he knows his role. 
but he clearly has the skillset to destroy lesser players (you/all of NT) in 1-on-1. dude is a lights out shooter and has a lightning quick crossover.. that he probably wouldn't even use because he'd just hit 11 straight jumpers in your eye

Wow! Seriously took the words right out of my brain. Not a mavs fan not a jj fan but NT is ridiculous if they don't think ANY NBA player ain't sonnin the best player on here straight 21-0 status. Like seriously, jj could take the whole summer off come through to the court you've played at your whole life and embarass you beyond recognition in front of your mom and your cousins.

Dirk 
eek.gif
I can't even compare him to Larry Bird...the only thing they got in common is their shooting and skin color. Dirk is truly in his own category because the way he gets his offense is different from any forward I've ever seen. I don't even know if he can palm the ball...never seen him do it in game. Just think of how much more unstoppable he'd be if he could palm the ball and throw passes like Webber or Divac out of the high post!

Back
Top Bottom