Official Dallas Mavericks vs. OKC Thunder (WCF) Thread. Dallas Mavericks Western Conference Champs

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

You should snag me one of those shirts,
nerd.gif

I got an extra one from my work if you want it. Check your PM's

if im the thunder why not just let dirk shoot everytime? make him wear himself down

EVERY shot? Because Dirk is better than that and if you're going to LET him shoot 30 shots, and just guard everyone else, than he'll make 25 of them.
laugh.gif

was any defense played at all in this game? thats a high score. i know dirk got 4 blocks.

First half, I'd say.

Dirk has never gotten this type of favorable treatment ever in the playoffs even though he has played well before. It is suspect.

You just don't know what you're talking about Knightngale.
laugh.gif

Durant and Westbrook driving hard doesn't equate to FTs.

First off, Dirk HAS gotten this kind of treatment in the Playoffs before... I'll just list 15+ FTA games... And also how many of those FTs he took yesterday were because of Defensive-three's, technicals, and garbae time fouls? 5 I counted.

18 FTA against SAS in 01.
16 FTA against MIN in 02.
17 FTA against SAS in 03.
24 FTA against SAS in 06.
15 FTA against SAS in 06.
16 FTA against SAS in 06.
18 FTA against PHO in 06.
15 FTA against GS in 07.
15 FTA against NO in 08.
15 FTA against DEN in 09.
17 FTA against DEN in 09.
17 FTA against POR in the first round.
24 last night.

dallas fans . thank the refs for game 1

Without the FTA of either team yesterday.. Mavs win 75-87. We outplayed them yesterday. The only thing they did better was shoot the 3-ball, and rebound slightly better. Also, Dallas had one more foul than OKC did yesterday. Talk all you want about them "deserving," their fouls, but whatever.

Dirk punished Ibaka and Collison in the first half yesterday. By the second half, they were in foul trouble, and when you start putting smaller guys on Dirk, he's going to back you down. Dirk was bigger than Thabo, Harden, Durant, so he just pummeled them into the paint, and you can't put two hands on a defender, and the way they were calling the game yesterday, they were calling everything on both ends. It's tiresome, but it was the way the game was played.

Also Dirk made very crisp passes all night to help his teammates out. And played defense.

However, I do feel that Durant going to the basket more often then Dirk may have been a more vindicated reason to rationalize why he went to the free throw line that many times to some people! At least that's how I perceived it. Either way it's a lose lose situation and having shot that many FT's in one game from either player is going to raise suspicion time and time again.

I don't know how many FTs that Durant shot that were techs and what not, but subtract those from Dirk, he had 19. Say what you will, Dirk drew a lot of those fouls. He knew what to do to draw fouls. You want to put Harden or Thabo on Dirk? Like I said, make them use all of their strength to try and keep him out the paint. I ain't picking a bone with you, and I saw your other post, just added more flavor to what we're trying to say.

if im the thunder why not just let dirk shoot everytime? make him wear himself down

EVERY shot? Because Dirk is better than that and if you're going to LET him shoot 30 shots, and just guard everyone else, than he'll make 25 of them.
laugh.gif

was any defense played at all in this game? thats a high score. i know dirk got 4 blocks.

First half, I'd say.

Dirk has never gotten this type of favorable treatment ever in the playoffs even though he has played well before. It is suspect.

You just don't know what you're talking about Knightngale.
laugh.gif

Durant and Westbrook driving hard doesn't equate to FTs.

First off, Dirk HAS gotten this kind of treatment in the Playoffs before... I'll just list 15+ FTA games... And also how many of those FTs he took yesterday were because of Defensive-three's, technicals, and garbae time fouls? 5 I counted.

18 FTA against SAS in 01.
16 FTA against MIN in 02.
17 FTA against SAS in 03.
24 FTA against SAS in 06.
15 FTA against SAS in 06.
16 FTA against SAS in 06.
18 FTA against PHO in 06.
15 FTA against GS in 07.
15 FTA against NO in 08.
15 FTA against DEN in 09.
17 FTA against DEN in 09.
17 FTA against POR in the first round.
24 last night.

dallas fans . thank the refs for game 1

Without the FTA of either team yesterday.. Mavs win 75-87. We outplayed them yesterday. The only thing they did better was shoot the 3-ball, and rebound slightly better. Also, Dallas had one more foul than OKC did yesterday. Talk all you want about them "deserving," their fouls, but whatever.

Dirk punished Ibaka and Collison in the first half yesterday. By the second half, they were in foul trouble, and when you start putting smaller guys on Dirk, he's going to back you down. Dirk was bigger than Thabo, Harden, Durant, so he just pummeled them into the paint, and you can't put two hands on a defender, and the way they were calling the game yesterday, they were calling everything on both ends. It's tiresome, but it was the way the game was played.

Also Dirk made very crisp passes all night to help his teammates out. And played defense.

However, I do feel that Durant going to the basket more often then Dirk may have been a more vindicated reason to rationalize why he went to the free throw line that many times to some people! At least that's how I perceived it. Either way it's a lose lose situation and having shot that many FT's in one game from either player is going to raise suspicion time and time again.

I don't know how many FTs that Durant shot that were techs and what not, but subtract those from Dirk, he had 19. Say what you will, Dirk drew a lot of those fouls. He knew what to do to draw fouls. You want to put Harden or Thabo on Dirk? Like I said, make them use all of their strength to try and keep him out the paint. I ain't picking a bone with you, and I saw your other post, just added more flavor to what we're trying to say.

@jasonterry31 at Mavs practice when asked if the Thunder will double Dirk: "I'll be licking my chops."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Doubling Dirk will be bad IMO. We throw Peja, Kidd, and Terry out there with him, or replace Kidd with Barea...

Barea quickly drives in, going for the easy bucket or dishing it to a corner Terry.
Kidd will take the open shot if he's open. If not, kick it to Peja.
Peja takes it if he's open, if not, kick it to Terry.
JET three.

It's worked in every round thus far, it'll work now.

@jasonterry31 at Mavs practice when asked if the Thunder will double Dirk: "I'll be licking my chops."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Doubling Dirk will be bad IMO. We throw Peja, Kidd, and Terry out there with him, or replace Kidd with Barea...

Barea quickly drives in, going for the easy bucket or dishing it to a corner Terry.
JET three.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

JET three.

about the wear down thing, you have to bring size into the equation. a 7 footer might get worn down quicker than you think. so in the 4th when hes taking his 30th shot maybe they dont go in as much.

and i didnt realize peja shot 1 for 8 in the game... if they wanna double dirk i would say keep a man on terry and try your luck with peja or kidd. kidd may be shooting better recently from 3 but the thunder should test him. how long has it been since kidd went ham from the 3? maybe his stroke is off now...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

JET three.

about the wear down thing, you have to bring size into the equation. a 7 footer might get worn down quicker than you think. so in the 4th when hes taking his 30th shot maybe they dont go in as much.

and i didnt realize peja shot 1 for 8 in the game... if they wanna double dirk i would say keep a man on terry and try your luck with peja or kidd. kidd may be shooting better recently from 3 but the thunder should test him. how long has it been since kidd went ham from the 3? maybe his stroke is off now...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

JET three.

That's easier said than done.

Similar to how they suppose to just let Tony Allen chuck the ball away when they double Zach...it didn't work out that way all the time because players find a way to get open or cut to the basket. If they keep sending the same guy to double, the open man can just cut to draw the defense in and kick it out to the guy they want shooting it.   

Originally Posted by NobleKane

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

JET three.

That's easier said than done.

Similar to how they suppose to just let Tony Allen chuck the ball away when they double Zach...it didn't work out that way all the time because players find a way to get open or cut to the basket. If they keep sending the same guy to double, the open man can just cut to draw the defense in and kick it out to the guy they want shooting it.   

Back
Top Bottom