Official Dallas Mavericks vs. OKC Thunder (WCF) Thread. Dallas Mavericks Western Conference Champs

I rarely see teams stick with the "let the star get 50" strategy anyways. For some reason they abandon the strategy and then get confused as to what to do.

I think it is worth a try with dirk since he is not one of those super athletes and might wear down. I don't think the Thunder players are smart enough to follow such strategy though.

I rarely see teams stick with the "let the star get 50" strategy anyways. For some reason they abandon the strategy and then get confused as to what to do.

I think it is worth a try with dirk since he is not one of those super athletes and might wear down. I don't think the Thunder players are smart enough to follow such strategy though.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

@jasonterry31 at Mavs practice when asked if the Thunder will double Dirk: "I'll be licking my chops."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Doubling Dirk will be bad IMO. We throw Peja, Kidd, and Terry out there with him, or replace Kidd with Barea...

Barea quickly drives in, going for the easy bucket or dishing it to a corner Terry.
Kidd will take the open shot if he's open. If not, kick it to Peja.
Peja takes it if he's open, if not, kick it to Terry.
JET three.

It's worked in every round thus far, it'll work now.
about the wear down thing, you have to bring size into the equation. a 7 footer might get worn down quicker than you think. so in the 4th when hes taking his 30th shot maybe they dont go in as much.

and i didnt realize peja shot 1 for 8 in the game... if they wanna double dirk i would say keep a man on terry and try your luck with peja or kidd. kidd may be shooting better recently from 3 but the thunder should test him. how long has it been since kidd went ham from the 3? maybe his stroke is off now...
Dirk is the most conditioned athlete at his size ever. He knows how to conserve his energy. That's why he hits so many shots late. You don't see him gasping for breath at the end of games. You really want him to take 30 shots, be my guest.
laugh.gif

And Peja won't shoot 1/8 every game. As long as he's comfortable and not just trigger happy, he can shoot as many open shots as he wants. Because one game he'll go off and hit 6 straight threes like he did against LA.

Shooters shoot, and Peja still knows how to shoot.

Kidd, yeah he's streaky, but you want to continue to give him wide open looks, he'll hit a few. Our shooters are just too good, and that's why we've succeeded thus far. Our defense hasn't let us down and our shots are easy.

Peja is shooting 43% from deep.
Kidd is only 35% from deep, but he can get it going and knock 2 or 3 down in a row.
JET is on it right now, shooting 52% FG (just as good as Dirk), and 50% from three.

Until someone can come up with a decent strategy to stop Dirk, it's going to be tough to beat us. The only two games we lost, we gave up. Since then, there's been no tougher team in our conference. Still leading the league in point differential.

Until someone makes an adjustment that really throws us off, I see everything we've seen thus far continue to happen. We lose if our defense failed us.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

@jasonterry31 at Mavs practice when asked if the Thunder will double Dirk: "I'll be licking my chops."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Doubling Dirk will be bad IMO. We throw Peja, Kidd, and Terry out there with him, or replace Kidd with Barea...

Barea quickly drives in, going for the easy bucket or dishing it to a corner Terry.
Kidd will take the open shot if he's open. If not, kick it to Peja.
Peja takes it if he's open, if not, kick it to Terry.
JET three.

It's worked in every round thus far, it'll work now.
about the wear down thing, you have to bring size into the equation. a 7 footer might get worn down quicker than you think. so in the 4th when hes taking his 30th shot maybe they dont go in as much.

and i didnt realize peja shot 1 for 8 in the game... if they wanna double dirk i would say keep a man on terry and try your luck with peja or kidd. kidd may be shooting better recently from 3 but the thunder should test him. how long has it been since kidd went ham from the 3? maybe his stroke is off now...
Dirk is the most conditioned athlete at his size ever. He knows how to conserve his energy. That's why he hits so many shots late. You don't see him gasping for breath at the end of games. You really want him to take 30 shots, be my guest.
laugh.gif

And Peja won't shoot 1/8 every game. As long as he's comfortable and not just trigger happy, he can shoot as many open shots as he wants. Because one game he'll go off and hit 6 straight threes like he did against LA.

Shooters shoot, and Peja still knows how to shoot.

Kidd, yeah he's streaky, but you want to continue to give him wide open looks, he'll hit a few. Our shooters are just too good, and that's why we've succeeded thus far. Our defense hasn't let us down and our shots are easy.

Peja is shooting 43% from deep.
Kidd is only 35% from deep, but he can get it going and knock 2 or 3 down in a row.
JET is on it right now, shooting 52% FG (just as good as Dirk), and 50% from three.

Until someone can come up with a decent strategy to stop Dirk, it's going to be tough to beat us. The only two games we lost, we gave up. Since then, there's been no tougher team in our conference. Still leading the league in point differential.

Until someone makes an adjustment that really throws us off, I see everything we've seen thus far continue to happen. We lose if our defense failed us.

Game day, best of wishes yall.

We win tonight it's huge. Put their backs against the wall to win both at home, it's a tough road back from 3-1.
They win tonight, it's OUR backs against the wall to make sure we make it out of OKC tied, as it's a tough road back from 1-3.

laugh.gif

Game day, best of wishes yall.

We win tonight it's huge. Put their backs against the wall to win both at home, it's a tough road back from 3-1.
They win tonight, it's OUR backs against the wall to make sure we make it out of OKC tied, as it's a tough road back from 1-3.

laugh.gif

I think okc will double with Perkins. Imo that's the only way I see OKC using a double team.

I think okc will double with Perkins. Imo that's the only way I see OKC using a double team.

02e2619619a497bf8aa02ec8100bc1648ba007ff_r.gif

02e2619619a497bf8aa02ec8100bc1648ba007ff_r.gif

i am pretty nervous about this game

i seen many instances where the rest of the team just stood and watch dirk dominate

shawn marion gotta make those lay ups in. kidd needs to score

defense needs to play smarter.. there were many times dallas coulda put the game away but then ibaka keeps getting the easy dunk on the weak side

i am pretty nervous about this game

i seen many instances where the rest of the team just stood and watch dirk dominate

shawn marion gotta make those lay ups in. kidd needs to score

defense needs to play smarter.. there were many times dallas coulda put the game away but then ibaka keeps getting the easy dunk on the weak side

Back
Top Bottom