Official Dallas Mavericks vs. OKC Thunder (WCF) Thread. Dallas Mavericks Western Conference Champs

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

I honestly believe the Thunder are currently too young to win, their late game execution game after game is awful they just don't know how to close out yet.

QFT

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

If that tech isn't rescinded I will be POd.
30t6p3b.gif
it won't be. We have some worst ones, mostly from the Memphis series. The ref was T'ing dudes up without even cussing, yelling, or demonstrative gesturing. I have a new least favorite ref, I have been seeing him a lot but I don't know his name. But it seems like the league doesn't bother if it's not a big deal. Like if Tyson was on the brink of 7, or it was a 1 pt game or the T happened in the crucial 4th, maybe, but for the most part it just stands.

In the Memphis series, Arthur came over Ibaka's back and tapped the ball out of bounds and they both gave chase, Serge only to box out Arthur who was trying to save it because he knew he hit in, then the ref called Memphis call and Serge pulled his hands back to show like I didn't touch it, and the ref T'd him up.

Man that stretch after we cut it to 6 was crucial. Again, the ball not seeing KD enough both because the players not making enough of an effort to get it to him and/or KD not really being aggressive enough to get to the ball.

I think you have to start making Russ give KD the ball before even crossing half court and initiate the offense with him up top. Granted he isn't the greatest ball handler, he can get the ball up the court.

Or even Harden, I love when Harden gets the ball to make a play, especially off pick and roll. He rarely turns it over or just does something totally stupid with it. At worst, he makes a play and somebody misses, but he creates.

Perkins is just useless this series. Maybe we can put him in when Haywood comes in or something.

Jeff Green would be useful in this series too, though arguably we don't make it this far if we did have him.

If that tech isn't rescinded I will be POd.
30t6p3b.gif
it won't be. We have some worst ones, mostly from the Memphis series. The ref was T'ing dudes up without even cussing, yelling, or demonstrative gesturing. I have a new least favorite ref, I have been seeing him a lot but I don't know his name. But it seems like the league doesn't bother if it's not a big deal. Like if Tyson was on the brink of 7, or it was a 1 pt game or the T happened in the crucial 4th, maybe, but for the most part it just stands.

In the Memphis series, Arthur came over Ibaka's back and tapped the ball out of bounds and they both gave chase, Serge only to box out Arthur who was trying to save it because he knew he hit in, then the ref called Memphis call and Serge pulled his hands back to show like I didn't touch it, and the ref T'd him up.

Man that stretch after we cut it to 6 was crucial. Again, the ball not seeing KD enough both because the players not making enough of an effort to get it to him and/or KD not really being aggressive enough to get to the ball.

I think you have to start making Russ give KD the ball before even crossing half court and initiate the offense with him up top. Granted he isn't the greatest ball handler, he can get the ball up the court.

Or even Harden, I love when Harden gets the ball to make a play, especially off pick and roll. He rarely turns it over or just does something totally stupid with it. At worst, he makes a play and somebody misses, but he creates.

Perkins is just useless this series. Maybe we can put him in when Haywood comes in or something.

Jeff Green would be useful in this series too, though arguably we don't make it this far if we did have him.

Hopefully Haslem has lost a few steps, but this isn't the same team from 06. We would dominate them with our big play and our bench.

But we aren't even in the Finals yet, I ain't sayin nothin more about the Finals.
laugh.gif
I think game 2 was the thunder's best punch

Hopefully Haslem has lost a few steps, but this isn't the same team from 06. We would dominate them with our big play and our bench.

But we aren't even in the Finals yet, I ain't sayin nothin more about the Finals.
laugh.gif
I think game 2 was the thunder's best punch

I preached this for a WEEK saying that he'd be useful in this series, but all I got was stonefaces saying how it was a great trade, but dude has be a NON-FACTOR this series. Only thing he's done is get under the skin of Tyson.

I preached this for a WEEK saying that he'd be useful in this series, but all I got was stonefaces saying how it was a great trade, but dude has be a NON-FACTOR this series. Only thing he's done is get under the skin of Tyson.

I honestly believe the Thunder are currently too young to win, their late game execution game after game is awful they just don't know how to close out yet.

Execution!?? You have to run plays to execute them. Down the stretch, it was nothing but 1 on 1s and rushed shots. This is where the good coaches separate themselves.

You can't just preach "think defense" at halftime and expect to win. They need some X's and O's eventually.

Execution!?? You have to run plays to execute them. Down the stretch, it was nothing but 1 on 1s and rushed shots. This is where the good coaches separate themselves.

You can't just preach "think defense" at halftime and expect to win. They need some X's and O's eventually.

What if this , what if that .
If the thunder was ready for this they would have hit them 3s. 

The old mavs would have lost this game , i think baring a Miami and the refs finals dallas can win it all.

What if this , what if that .
If the thunder was ready for this they would have hit them 3s. 

The old mavs would have lost this game , i think baring a Miami and the refs finals dallas can win it all.

I don't think the Thunder are out of it yet.. they still came back down huge with like 6 mins left in the 3rd. They just need to come out strong in Game 4 and if they win that, it's anybodies series.. (obviously
laugh.gif
)

I don't think the Thunder are out of it yet.. they still came back down huge with like 6 mins left in the 3rd. They just need to come out strong in Game 4 and if they win that, it's anybodies series.. (obviously
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by AG 47

I agree with you but just because espn showed 10 seconds of what the coach said at halftime doesn't mean that's all that was said....cmon son!

Originally Posted by AG 47

I agree with you but just because espn showed 10 seconds of what the coach said at halftime doesn't mean that's all that was said....cmon son!

Impressive defense...when you can limit OKC to under 90 in their own building, that's pretty remarkable. Marion finally had his best game of the playoffs. He NEEDS to bring it because the starting lineup already is limited in offensive firepower so they can't get away with having the bench save them every time.

Impressive defense...when you can limit OKC to under 90 in their own building, that's pretty remarkable. Marion finally had his best game of the playoffs. He NEEDS to bring it because the starting lineup already is limited in offensive firepower so they can't get away with having the bench save them every time.

smh you guys overrate this dallas defense. okc had open shot after open shot and couldnt hit +#%*... haywood did play much better on the defensive side tho.

the thunder are done tho. if they had any chance at winning this series they had to win game 3. im still going with dallas in 7

the hell was up with dirk being dirty today? pushing players on 3 different occasions?

smh you guys overrate this dallas defense. okc had open shot after open shot and couldnt hit +#%*... haywood did play much better on the defensive side tho.

the thunder are done tho. if they had any chance at winning this series they had to win game 3. im still going with dallas in 7

the hell was up with dirk being dirty today? pushing players on 3 different occasions?

People counting us out already, to not even win one more time? Damn. Maybe I better go to game 4 since apparently it'll be my last time to see the hommies. Then I have to found out how to get some Dallas vs whoever finals tickets without paying the highway robbery prices, but I think even face value the Mavs arena has OD high prices so I'm really going to get hit in the wallet hard if I have to go the stubhub/CL route

People counting us out already, to not even win one more time? Damn. Maybe I better go to game 4 since apparently it'll be my last time to see the hommies. Then I have to found out how to get some Dallas vs whoever finals tickets without paying the highway robbery prices, but I think even face value the Mavs arena has OD high prices so I'm really going to get hit in the wallet hard if I have to go the stubhub/CL route

Back
Top Bottom