Official Dallas Mavericks vs. OKC Thunder (WCF) Thread. Dallas Mavericks Western Conference Champs

Originally Posted by JD214

Great game.

Dallas getting the W
pimp.gif

Okc losing 
pimp.gif
happy.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
happy.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by trak1sh

Originally Posted by AG 47

I honestly believe the Thunder are currently too young to win, their late game execution game after game is awful they just don't know how to close out yet.

Execution!?? You have to run plays to execute them. Down the stretch, it was nothing but 1 on 1s and rushed shots. This is where the good coaches separate themselves.

You can't just preach "think defense" at halftime and expect to win. They need some X's and O's eventually.

I agree with you but just because espn showed 10 seconds of what the coach said at halftime doesn't mean that's all that was said....cmon son!

That's kind of what I was getting at. You can only say so much to motivate and inspire. Eventually some real basketball strategy needs to happen, especially down the stretch.

And last night we saw very little plays being run down the stretch for OKC.

Originally Posted by trak1sh

Originally Posted by AG 47

I honestly believe the Thunder are currently too young to win, their late game execution game after game is awful they just don't know how to close out yet.

Execution!?? You have to run plays to execute them. Down the stretch, it was nothing but 1 on 1s and rushed shots. This is where the good coaches separate themselves.

You can't just preach "think defense" at halftime and expect to win. They need some X's and O's eventually.

I agree with you but just because espn showed 10 seconds of what the coach said at halftime doesn't mean that's all that was said....cmon son!

That's kind of what I was getting at. You can only say so much to motivate and inspire. Eventually some real basketball strategy needs to happen, especially down the stretch.

And last night we saw very little plays being run down the stretch for OKC.

Every time they show a clip of Scott Brooks it's the same thing though...

"Get a rebound. Kick it out and RUN! We can get our shots if we get out on the break."

Maybe that's by design on ESPN's part, but I don't know. But it never seems like it's anything more than get a rebound and run.

Every time they show a clip of Scott Brooks it's the same thing though...

"Get a rebound. Kick it out and RUN! We can get our shots if we get out on the break."

Maybe that's by design on ESPN's part, but I don't know. But it never seems like it's anything more than get a rebound and run.

I don't know why anybody holds any stock in what is yelled from the sidelines from a coach. Most of the real coaching and game planning are done in practice and in game adjustments happen during timeouts which are never re-aired for the public.

Reminds me of Knicks fans complaining about Pringles yelling "GO! GO! GO!" As if anyone would hear him if he yelled "AMAR'E DON'T GO OVER THE PICK AND ROLL, GO UNDER!"

I don't know why anybody holds any stock in what is yelled from the sidelines from a coach. Most of the real coaching and game planning are done in practice and in game adjustments happen during timeouts which are never re-aired for the public.

Reminds me of Knicks fans complaining about Pringles yelling "GO! GO! GO!" As if anyone would hear him if he yelled "AMAR'E DON'T GO OVER THE PICK AND ROLL, GO UNDER!"

Of course it's by design. You think NBA teams allow ESPN to air out any real defensive strategy or offensive sets? You guys are terribly naive if you think these coaches are getting paid millions just to sit there and tell the players to play hard. It's common sense; these NBA coaching jobs are the pinnacle of the sport worldwide.

Of course it's by design. You think NBA teams allow ESPN to air out any real defensive strategy or offensive sets? You guys are terribly naive if you think these coaches are getting paid millions just to sit there and tell the players to play hard. It's common sense; these NBA coaching jobs are the pinnacle of the sport worldwide.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

smh you guys overrate this dallas defense. okc had open shot after open shot and couldnt hit +#%*... haywood did play much better on the defensive side tho.
roll.gif

Yeah okay dude...

Open shot after open shot, maybe in the last 2 minutes when they were rushing up threes.

How many easy perimeter shots did Durant get? We'll let Russ take as many of those as he wants, because he's a chucker.

Marion played great defense. DeShawn played great defense. Tyson played great defense. Haywood played great defense. Hell, even JET played good D against Harden when he was on him.

I find it very hard to believe that last night wasn't because of our defense. Go watch that first half my dude, there's no way you could have and sit here saying that our defense was overrated.

They shot 36%, ain't no way in hell that a team like the Thunder shoot 36% if it ain't for the defense. Two guys shot over 50%, that has ALL to do with defense.
laugh.gif

Also, Mavs looking to get Tyson Chandler's T rescinded, putting him back down at 3.

The Mavericks have asked the league to look into the technical foul assessed to Tyson Chandler after his elbow grazed Oklahoma City's James Harden, who hit the deck hard in third quarter on the play.

They may not find out until Monday whether Chandler's technical, which would be his fourth of the postseason, gets rescinded.

In the playoffs, a player can receive six technical fouls. On the seventh, he receives a one-game suspension, which makes keeping Chandler's total at its current level of three important to the Mavericks.

The play in question was one that Chandler believes was a clear case of Harden selling the foul.

"That was far from an elbow,'' Chandler said Sunday at the Mavericks' practice. "But he did a good job of presenting it. It was well-deserved and he got the free throw.

"I'm hoping it will get rescinded because it was not a vicious elbow. I didn't throw an elbow. I was trying to take the ball out of bounds and he tried to initiate contact and did a good job of flopping.''

Chandler, however, understood why the referees called the technical to help keep the game under control.

"It got me a technical and it got his team a point,'' Chandler said. "But that's the case with a lot of them. They run into you, do little things. Whether you react or don't react, it seems you kind of get caught up in the situation. It's our job to just stay away from it all. You come here to play basketball, you don't come here for the sideshow.''

Originally Posted by NobleKane

smh you guys overrate this dallas defense. okc had open shot after open shot and couldnt hit +#%*... haywood did play much better on the defensive side tho.
roll.gif

Yeah okay dude...

Open shot after open shot, maybe in the last 2 minutes when they were rushing up threes.

How many easy perimeter shots did Durant get? We'll let Russ take as many of those as he wants, because he's a chucker.

Marion played great defense. DeShawn played great defense. Tyson played great defense. Haywood played great defense. Hell, even JET played good D against Harden when he was on him.

I find it very hard to believe that last night wasn't because of our defense. Go watch that first half my dude, there's no way you could have and sit here saying that our defense was overrated.

They shot 36%, ain't no way in hell that a team like the Thunder shoot 36% if it ain't for the defense. Two guys shot over 50%, that has ALL to do with defense.
laugh.gif

Also, Mavs looking to get Tyson Chandler's T rescinded, putting him back down at 3.

The Mavericks have asked the league to look into the technical foul assessed to Tyson Chandler after his elbow grazed Oklahoma City's James Harden, who hit the deck hard in third quarter on the play.

They may not find out until Monday whether Chandler's technical, which would be his fourth of the postseason, gets rescinded.

In the playoffs, a player can receive six technical fouls. On the seventh, he receives a one-game suspension, which makes keeping Chandler's total at its current level of three important to the Mavericks.

The play in question was one that Chandler believes was a clear case of Harden selling the foul.

"That was far from an elbow,'' Chandler said Sunday at the Mavericks' practice. "But he did a good job of presenting it. It was well-deserved and he got the free throw.

"I'm hoping it will get rescinded because it was not a vicious elbow. I didn't throw an elbow. I was trying to take the ball out of bounds and he tried to initiate contact and did a good job of flopping.''

Chandler, however, understood why the referees called the technical to help keep the game under control.

"It got me a technical and it got his team a point,'' Chandler said. "But that's the case with a lot of them. They run into you, do little things. Whether you react or don't react, it seems you kind of get caught up in the situation. It's our job to just stay away from it all. You come here to play basketball, you don't come here for the sideshow.''

Dirk always been a coyote type of player , dude is grimmey yet some how people say he soft.

Da matrix played durant real well .

Dallas wins game 4 they got the series.

Dirk always been a coyote type of player , dude is grimmey yet some how people say he soft.

Da matrix played durant real well .

Dallas wins game 4 they got the series.

They should rescind Chandler's tech for the mere reason he didn't even make contact. Harden's a bum for that play.

They should rescind Chandler's tech for the mere reason he didn't even make contact. Harden's a bum for that play.

Noblekane why do you hate the Mavs so much ? You never give them credit for anything they are two games from the finals for a reason sheesh
laugh.gif

Noblekane why do you hate the Mavs so much ? You never give them credit for anything they are two games from the finals for a reason sheesh
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

laugh.gif
They're two games away because everybody else keeps beating themselves and the Mavs are just the beneficiary of that... Duh.

And yeah, that tech on Chandler needs to be rescinded... Harden got his Ginobili on.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

laugh.gif
They're two games away because everybody else keeps beating themselves and the Mavs are just the beneficiary of that... Duh.

And yeah, that tech on Chandler needs to be rescinded... Harden got his Ginobili on.
laugh.gif

the 2nd quarter yesterday was amazing to watch...I was at the bar and it was just awesome!!

Can't wait for game 4

the 2nd quarter yesterday was amazing to watch...I was at the bar and it was just awesome!!

Can't wait for game 4

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

For once, I agree with you

Back
Top Bottom