Official Dallas Mavericks vs. OKC Thunder (WCF) Thread. Dallas Mavericks Western Conference Champs

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

All I know is THIS YEAR WE swept the Thunder when Dirk played and one of those games Dirk only played like 9 minutes.

If the Thunder win this series it won't be because Durant or Westbrook go off.
All I know is Jeff Green's bum $$% played in all of those games too. 

And JA, the Mavericks may have stopped him previously. I don't understand how Durant scoring six points with teammates like Earl Watson and Wally Szczerbiak his rookie season have anything to do with this series. I used to get straight A's in high school, but I don't now in college for a variety of reasons. My straight A's in the past have nothing to do with how I'm going to do on my midterm on Thursday.

Because the player they replaced him with is a scoring machine.
laugh.gif

The fact that Tyson or Dirk can totally ignore Perkins is going to make our defense better.

I mean for any team to get this far I think you have to be good but OKC just matches up horrible with us IMO.  I mean I seriously think we were a second worst case scenario for them next to the Lakers.

Where on earth did I say put Perkins on Dirk? Way to jump to conclusions. We can talk about who is going to guard Dirk all we want, but it's pretty irrelevant. Nobody is stopping Dirk. I only mention Jeff Green because the Thunder are a better team without him, point blank. Ibaka should've been starting and I've been saying that all season. They get more production from Ibaka without Green, Harden, and from the center spot. So saying (I know it wasn't you that said it) that oh Dallas is undefeated this year against OKC when Dirk plays is somewhat (not completely) irrelevant because OKC is a completely different team now.

Where on earth did I say put Perkins on Dirk? Way to jump to conclusions. We can talk about who is going to guard Dirk all we want, but it's pretty irrelevant. Nobody is stopping Dirk. I only mention Jeff Green because the Thunder are a better team without him, point blank. Ibaka should've been starting and I've been saying that all season. They get more production from Ibaka without Green, Harden, and from the center spot. So saying (I know it wasn't you that said it) that oh Dallas is undefeated this year against OKC when Dirk plays is somewhat (not completely) irrelevant because OKC is a completely different team now.

I mean for any team to get this far I think you have to be good but OKC just matches up horrible with us IMO.  I mean I seriously think we were a second worst case scenario for them next to the Lakers.

wait, what?!?!

it's not like you guys went into the playoffs on the highest note.. admittedly you guys should be favored, but you're letting this LA series go to your head a little bit

if i could rewind to the start of the playoffs and list the teams in the order of which one i would have wanted to play (listed from best to worst matchups):

hornets
nuggets
spurs
mavs
portland
memphis
lakers (we matchup well.. but i think/thought our inexperience would kill us)

in each of the 3 games we played this year the rebounding numbers break down like (please remember we were still starting green and kristic):
1) 49-36
2) 43-39
3) 47-43
take a wild guess who won the rebounding battle EVERY GAME?

although, i have to admit i'm surprised it was even close

and carion butler played the following mins in each game yall won (the guy who guarded durant the majority of the time):
1) 30
2) 39

wait, what?!?!

it's not like you guys went into the playoffs on the highest note.. admittedly you guys should be favored, but you're letting this LA series go to your head a little bit

if i could rewind to the start of the playoffs and list the teams in the order of which one i would have wanted to play (listed from best to worst matchups):

hornets
nuggets
spurs
mavs
portland
memphis
lakers (we matchup well.. but i think/thought our inexperience would kill us)

in each of the 3 games we played this year the rebounding numbers break down like (please remember we were still starting green and kristic):
1) 49-36
2) 43-39
3) 47-43
take a wild guess who won the rebounding battle EVERY GAME?

although, i have to admit i'm surprised it was even close

and carion butler played the following mins in each game yall won (the guy who guarded durant the majority of the time):
1) 30
2) 39

They are better with Green, no doubt. But, maybe not against the Mavericks.

He averaged 15 against us and shot pretty well.

Him gone means Harden, Russ, and KD have to pick up that scoring load. If they can? More power to them.

If they can't, that's points hard to be found from any other guys on this team.

Someone mentioned Harden playing 31 minutes in the Post-season, well that number is skewed a bit by the 49 minute OT game, and he played 25 minutes against Dallas during the regular season, we'll see how much it matters.

I don't know about Ibaka. It's going to be a similar match-up against Dirk, except instead of Zach attacking in the paint, Dirk's primarily going to be on the perimeter. And as last series wore on, Serge played less and less. Less than 22 minutes in each of their last three wins. Is that a reliance on Collison? Is that going to be a good thing?

I don't know.

I also don't know how effective Perk will be in guarding our bigs. Their wingspan is all comparable, but our bigs all have a couple inches on him.

They are better with Green, no doubt. But, maybe not against the Mavericks.

He averaged 15 against us and shot pretty well.

Him gone means Harden, Russ, and KD have to pick up that scoring load. If they can? More power to them.

If they can't, that's points hard to be found from any other guys on this team.

Someone mentioned Harden playing 31 minutes in the Post-season, well that number is skewed a bit by the 49 minute OT game, and he played 25 minutes against Dallas during the regular season, we'll see how much it matters.

I don't know about Ibaka. It's going to be a similar match-up against Dirk, except instead of Zach attacking in the paint, Dirk's primarily going to be on the perimeter. And as last series wore on, Serge played less and less. Less than 22 minutes in each of their last three wins. Is that a reliance on Collison? Is that going to be a good thing?

I don't know.

I also don't know how effective Perk will be in guarding our bigs. Their wingspan is all comparable, but our bigs all have a couple inches on him.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

1) They are better with Green, no doubt. But, maybe not against the Mavericks.

2) Someone mentioned Harden playing 31 minutes in the Post-season, well that number is skewed a bit by the 49 minute OT game, and he played 25 minutes against Dallas during the regular season, we'll see how much it matters.

3) I don't know about Ibaka. It's going to be a similar match-up against Dirk, except instead of Zach attacking in the paint, Dirk's primarily going to be on the perimeter. And as last series wore on, Serge played less and less. Less than 22 minutes in each of their last three wins. Is that a reliance on Collison? Is that going to be a good thing?

4) I also don't know how effective Perk will be in guarding our bigs. Their wingspan is all comparable, but our bigs all have a couple inches on him.

1) you don't think we are a better team by having big men who can do big men things like rebound and protect the rim?

you do know that durant and westbrook were our best rebounders in our starting lineup when we had green and kristic in it, right?

2) harden's mins for every game this playoffs:

if you subtract the 49 mins game, you get an average of 29.45 mins

3) serge played less and less because we found out that collison was doing a better job on the guy.. simple

4) please see response to 1

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

1) They are better with Green, no doubt. But, maybe not against the Mavericks.

2) Someone mentioned Harden playing 31 minutes in the Post-season, well that number is skewed a bit by the 49 minute OT game, and he played 25 minutes against Dallas during the regular season, we'll see how much it matters.

3) I don't know about Ibaka. It's going to be a similar match-up against Dirk, except instead of Zach attacking in the paint, Dirk's primarily going to be on the perimeter. And as last series wore on, Serge played less and less. Less than 22 minutes in each of their last three wins. Is that a reliance on Collison? Is that going to be a good thing?

4) I also don't know how effective Perk will be in guarding our bigs. Their wingspan is all comparable, but our bigs all have a couple inches on him.

1) you don't think we are a better team by having big men who can do big men things like rebound and protect the rim?

you do know that durant and westbrook were our best rebounders in our starting lineup when we had green and kristic in it, right?

2) harden's mins for every game this playoffs:

if you subtract the 49 mins game, you get an average of 29.45 mins

3) serge played less and less because we found out that collison was doing a better job on the guy.. simple

4) please see response to 1

JapanAir21 wrote:

Is Hasheem Thabeet the best defensive big man in the league? Perk will be able to guard Chandler because he's a good defender.
And like Chandler's offensive production is even 274th on the Thunder's priority list...

JapanAir21 wrote:

Is Hasheem Thabeet the best defensive big man in the league? Perk will be able to guard Chandler because he's a good defender.
And like Chandler's offensive production is even 274th on the Thunder's priority list...

Rebounding-wise, sure. Scoring wise? Harden and Russ, who will get the majority of the shots that Green WOULD have taken, shot 37% and 32% respectively against Dallas this year. Defensively they are definitely better, but they might not match-up with Dallas as well.

Just because they are better overall doesn't mean they may have weakened against a certain team. Do they match up better defensively against US? I mean I guess. What does Perkins do against us though? Bynum is a great defensive Center, and Artest and him couldn't stop Barea from penetrating. What's the use in protecting the rim when not many of our players attack the rim? Caron might, Shawn might, and Tyson will throw a few down, but I don't see what Perkins will do that will stop our shooters? How does Perkins help against Dirk, JET, Peja, and whomever? Against a team like the Lakers who would have had bigs who consistently score 30 points combined a night down low? Absolutely, but it's not a huge emphasis with Dallas. It hasn't been thus far anyways.

Collison may be that guy, you may be right. Rebounding will be huge in this series. But he has given up a ton of points to Dirk in the past. Give and take, really.

Perk will be able to guard Chandler because he's a good defender.And like Chandler's offensive production is even 274th on the Thunder's priority list...

13/15 isn't something to be worried about?
nerd.gif

It wasn't against the Perkins Thunder, no, but he still did well. It has to be at least something they've looked at.

Chandler played Perkins when hew was on the Celtics this year too. Similar result, Tyson dominated, 15/14.

Rebounding-wise, sure. Scoring wise? Harden and Russ, who will get the majority of the shots that Green WOULD have taken, shot 37% and 32% respectively against Dallas this year. Defensively they are definitely better, but they might not match-up with Dallas as well.

Just because they are better overall doesn't mean they may have weakened against a certain team. Do they match up better defensively against US? I mean I guess. What does Perkins do against us though? Bynum is a great defensive Center, and Artest and him couldn't stop Barea from penetrating. What's the use in protecting the rim when not many of our players attack the rim? Caron might, Shawn might, and Tyson will throw a few down, but I don't see what Perkins will do that will stop our shooters? How does Perkins help against Dirk, JET, Peja, and whomever? Against a team like the Lakers who would have had bigs who consistently score 30 points combined a night down low? Absolutely, but it's not a huge emphasis with Dallas. It hasn't been thus far anyways.

Collison may be that guy, you may be right. Rebounding will be huge in this series. But he has given up a ton of points to Dirk in the past. Give and take, really.

Perk will be able to guard Chandler because he's a good defender.And like Chandler's offensive production is even 274th on the Thunder's priority list...

13/15 isn't something to be worried about?
nerd.gif

It wasn't against the Perkins Thunder, no, but he still did well. It has to be at least something they've looked at.

Chandler played Perkins when hew was on the Celtics this year too. Similar result, Tyson dominated, 15/14.

1st off, I just want to clear up that this Thunder team is MUCH better off without Jeff Green. Acquiring Perkins changed our whole defensive mentality instantly. Also, the trade allowed James Harden to be more productive off the bench and Ibaka to blossom into the starting role. To say that this team was better with Jeff Green is foolish. Not to mention that Perkins is claiming that he is only at 65% right now.

James Harden will be the key to this series. If he plays as well as he did in game 7 we are in good shape. Since the Jeff Green trade, Harden has averaged close to 20 points coming off the bench. If he is able to neutralize or match Jason Terry that will certainly play a big role. Harden's passing ability really gets things going on the offensive end.

I feel like OKC will steal one of the 1st two games in Dallas and really make things interesting.

Luckily I was able to get tickets to Game 4 in OKC, loud city baby.

1st off, I just want to clear up that this Thunder team is MUCH better off without Jeff Green. Acquiring Perkins changed our whole defensive mentality instantly. Also, the trade allowed James Harden to be more productive off the bench and Ibaka to blossom into the starting role. To say that this team was better with Jeff Green is foolish. Not to mention that Perkins is claiming that he is only at 65% right now.

James Harden will be the key to this series. If he plays as well as he did in game 7 we are in good shape. Since the Jeff Green trade, Harden has averaged close to 20 points coming off the bench. If he is able to neutralize or match Jason Terry that will certainly play a big role. Harden's passing ability really gets things going on the offensive end.

I feel like OKC will steal one of the 1st two games in Dallas and really make things interesting.

Luckily I was able to get tickets to Game 4 in OKC, loud city baby.

There's irony in Chandler standing in the way of the Thunder considering he was on the team for like a day before the trade got rescinded due to his toe. Even more ironic is the Thunder trading for Perkins and extending him even though he's still not fully recovered from his knee injury.

There's irony in Chandler standing in the way of the Thunder considering he was on the team for like a day before the trade got rescinded due to his toe. Even more ironic is the Thunder trading for Perkins and extending him even though he's still not fully recovered from his knee injury.

Originally Posted by PMatic

That's another interesting note in itself.

I thank God everyday that the trade didn't go through.

laugh.gif

Said it all year, Tyson has been the reason for us succeeding.

Same way yall say that Perkins changed the mentality for OKC, it did for Dallas as well.

Originally Posted by PMatic

That's another interesting note in itself.

I thank God everyday that the trade didn't go through.

laugh.gif

Said it all year, Tyson has been the reason for us succeeding.

Same way yall say that Perkins changed the mentality for OKC, it did for Dallas as well.

^ and how much is that 'mentaility' going to cost you guys this summer?

perkins contract (plus extension.. including this year):
$6,446,720

$7,123,626

$7,800,531

$8,477,437

$9,154,342

haywood's (again, this year first):
$6,900,000

$7,624,500

$8,349,000

$9,073,500

$9,798,000

$10,522,500

^ and how much is that 'mentaility' going to cost you guys this summer?

perkins contract (plus extension.. including this year):
$6,446,720

$7,123,626

$7,800,531

$8,477,437

$9,154,342

haywood's (again, this year first):
$6,900,000

$7,624,500

$8,349,000

$9,073,500

$9,798,000

$10,522,500

What in the world does contracts have to do with ANYTHING?
laugh.gif

Haywood's contract was bad. No doubting it. It might haunt us.

People laughed about Dampier's contract too.

We flipped him for Tyson Chandler.

People laughed and balked at us ALL season saying Dampier was the key, trading him for a piece was key.

When we got Tyson, people laughed and said "THIS IS YOUR DIFFERENCE MAKER?!"

Yeah, and now we're contending for the WCF. And we'll probably overpay for Tyson this off-season too.

And to be fair, Haywood had a much better season last year.

What in the world does contracts have to do with ANYTHING?
laugh.gif

Haywood's contract was bad. No doubting it. It might haunt us.

People laughed about Dampier's contract too.

We flipped him for Tyson Chandler.

People laughed and balked at us ALL season saying Dampier was the key, trading him for a piece was key.

When we got Tyson, people laughed and said "THIS IS YOUR DIFFERENCE MAKER?!"

Yeah, and now we're contending for the WCF. And we'll probably overpay for Tyson this off-season too.

And to be fair, Haywood had a much better season last year.

Back
Top Bottom