OFFICIAL DISNEY+ STREAMING THREAD we're in the endgame now

Dana White model is the ESPN model, which Disney owns.

So I’m sure they’ve seen it’s success and how it’s worked.

Others have said it, if you have a full family and want to sit down to watch a movie. No different than going to the theatre and could be a much better experience. Not a bad price if that is that case.

Other than that, I don’t see how it’s a good model. It will at some point be on the app as a general movie for the price that is currently paid. I’d rather the model is changed... I would pay a few more bucks a month to get current content plus new movies to drop.

I’d definitely pay the money for certain movies just to see them as soon as they’re out with the benefit of avoiding crowds and the rush

and then when things calm do, go and see it in imax or other formats

like with a couple of MCU movies, I watched the bootleg as soon as I got my hands on it.. then watched in imax or whatever format I could see it on AND imax when I had a chance

If I didn't get that 3 year deal, I would've cancelled D+ by now. By the time things get back up and running, gonna be time to reup again. Hope I get to see at least one of these marvel shows some time next year

source.gif

The One and Only Ivan 5/8 - Solid looking CGI. Bryan Cranston does a good job with little to nothing to work with.

Mulan is good but not great. They made the right decision by not making it a musical, IMO. Movie was pretty good visually, but I didn’t care for the excessive use of effects during the action scenes.

I enjoyed Mulan. Kind of slow, but I thought the dramatic tone was good for live action.

i liked Mulan. was mad they didn't sing reflections in the movie tho :lol:

the action scenes reminded me of the old kung-fu movies i used to watch....

The news comes from a report filed by analytics research firm 7Park Data. The company, which relies on AI-powered algorithms processing “raw, unstructured datasets,” reported Wednesday that between Sept. 4 and Sept. 12, Mulan was purchased by nearly 29 percent of Disney+ subscribers in the U.S. Beyond making this the most watched film on Disney+ in that eight-day span, it would also suggest a significant gross beyond previous industry prognostications.

As per Disney itself during its most recent earnings report to shareholders, Disney+ currently has more than 60 million global subscribers. If one estimates half of those subscribers live in the U.S.—a conservative estimate considering Disney’s brand popularity in America—that means out of 30 million Disney+ subscribers, 29 percent rented the film. Twenty-nine percent of 30 million is 8.7 million users, and 8.7 million users spending $30 on Mulan would mean a gross of $261 million. Thus far. However, even if only 40 percent of Disney+ users are located in the U.S., 29 percent of those subscribers would still mean a gross of about $209 million.

Consider that if Mulan were released in a world without COVID-19 and grossed a total cume of $350 million in the U.S.—similar to last year’s North American run for Aladdin—the studio would keep at most $210 million in revenue. And that would be the high end of a 60:40 split between the studio and movie theaters. Whereas on Disney+, the Mouse keeps 100 percent of revenue generated by purchases.

They need to divide that $30 by how many people were in the house/watched the movie to compare it to ticket sales. One person spending $30 on a movie ticket is nuts.

i think that is why many blockbusters are hesitant to release on VOD but with disney+, getting 100% of the box office instead of split with the theaters is probably a wash with a family buying 3-4 tickets

this is also where a balance has to be made because it'll sour relationships with the theaters in this format as they get 100% of the profits from foods and drinks along with the split and why it is understandable why theater owners are mad when this happens

Agreed.

COVID has shown streaming is the future. Amazon and Netflix were thriving. HBO’s Max is a legit threat (just priced very high).

+ needs more content. Mandalorian is a start. But they have to pardon the pun continue to stream content. Wandavision, Falcon and Bucky, Loki, something for the kids. Maybe drop a new X Men serialized animated show. It would appeal to both adults and children.

On Disney+ Christmas Day. I see the 7 train, Silvercup Studios and other shots of what appears to be Roosevelt Avenue, the character is based in Queens? #QGTM

Disney was shooting jump shots with D+, but if it’s going to become their bread & butter then it’s reasonable to expect major implications for the rest of the industry.

Crazy how we’ve experienced the death of the newspaper and now the death of movie theaters appear inevitable. Unless theaters plan to cut 50% off capacity and find a way to make up the losses, I don’t see how they survive. I don’t prefer streaming, as some movies are best watched in theaters/IMAX, but I can’t see how it makes sense 20-30 years from now.

Back
Top Bottom