Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

90% of universe 7s wins have been about over coming quirks. Defeating dyspo could be as simple as disrupting his footing by destroying parts of the stage, or as gimmicky a mid battle saiyan power up. Dyspo speed is completely reliant on his ability run jump and maneuver around the field.

With the number of fights we've seen breaking rules at this point, especially the psuedoflying we've seen multiple times, I cant put much stock into that strategy.

You have gods throwing potara from the stands and rung out fighters donating their energy from the stands. Those rules mean nothing.

With the number of fights we've seen breaking rules at this point, especially the psuedoflying we've seen multiple times, I cant put much stock into that strategy.

You have gods throwing potara from the stands and rung out fighters donating their energy from the stands. Those rules mean nothing.

I mean, outside of something drastic like fusion or even a power up, all dyspo has is his speed from what we know. I just think gohan as a character is a smart enough to find away to neutralize the speed difference with out having to wring his neck like Elmer fud and bugs bunny lol

So after the Jiren/vegeta fight..it goes down to

Goku vs Jiren
Frieza vs Toppo
Gohan vs Dyspo

Nice matchups

I actually didn't start watching super's full episodes til this tourney.. Just watched youtube clips of what was happening. I didnt know they weren't allowed to fly in the tourney.

I kinda want all the Z fighters to stay in. and i want them to show Jiren tire out vegeta first. (huge vegeta fan btw)
Then I want him to one shot the androids out. while Toppo gives Gohan them Paws.
have frieza vs dyspo damn near killing him

^^ My son...
6acc35d4148467c9708b8671db3111a9045ecaa3_hq.gif

I mean, outside of something drastic like fusion or even a power up, all dyspo has is his speed from what we know. I just think gohan as a character is a smart enough to find away to neutralize the speed difference with out having to wring his neck like Elmer fud and bugs bunny lol

That's why I felt Gohan stands a chance of winning at least 2/10. He's definitely the smartest fighter on U7 but he's far from the strongest and we haven't seen Gohan fight a single 5-star opponent since Buu whereas that's all we've seen Dyspo fight.

The only 5-star fighter he's fought in Super is Frieza and he almost ended up on the back of an air brushed RIP shirt.

He just doesn't have the feats. I can't say, 'Gohan wouldn't get washed within 60 seconds by Hit' confidently and Dyspo damn near rung the man out. My opinion will probably change when Gohan gets more screen time as the tournament ends.

I stopped calling him Lohan so yall know im serious, he's won me over but he's still not touching top caliber fighters.

^^ My son...
6acc35d4148467c9708b8671db3111a9045ecaa3_hq.gif

That's why I felt Gohan stands a chance of winning at least 2/10. He's definitely the smartest fighter on U7 but he's far from the strongest and we haven't seen Gohan fight a single 5-star opponent since Buu whereas that's all we've seen Dyspo fight.

The only 5-star fighter he's fought in Super is Frieza and he almost ended up on the back of an air brushed RIP shirt.

He just doesn't have the feats. I can't say, 'Gohan wouldn't get washed within 60 seconds by Hit' confidently and Dyspo damn near rung the man out. My opinion will probably change when Gohan gets more screen time as the tournament ends.

I stopped calling him Lohan so yall know im serious, he's won me over but he's still not touching top caliber fighters.

Maybe not in the tournament, but ore tournament, gohan fight with goku, going to me to toe with SSB goku and still telling goku to show him his full strength. Using goku as the bar, Even with that speed you think dyspo is going toe to toe with SSB goku? I don’t see it. Hit only took a beating because he was baiting him.

Man that whole arc where he was choosing fighters was ********. None of them should have fared well against SSB Goku. So it's either bad writing or Goku wasn't even trying. But I definitely would not use the "fight" between Gohan and Goku as any kind of barometer of Gohan's strength.

How would you not use it? It not like the argument that Goku transformed SSB but wasn't going all out when he fought Android 17.

You can't say Goku went SSB x Kaioken, but, but not as much.

I think the majority agree that it Goku went all out to fight the fighters he chose, would be pointless.

Why go all out on your comrads when you know you can defeat them.

Sparring is the term. Sparring is used to gauge ones skills or level. Goku sparred with them. The only person Goku really went at, was Piccohan.

I think he went hard against 17 also... when you think about it, he had never got to fight 17..
17 also looked like he had so much more to go also..

C'mon y'all

Lohan was seriously on his death bed and Frieza literally referred to the Yardrat as "child's play" :lol:

Even here, Frieza was holding back the entire time and Lohan didn't even realize it until he held back on that axe kick

Give me a break with this Gohan being a top tier fighter nonsense :rofl:

Give me a break with this Gohan being a top tier fighter nonsense :rofl:
No one here is saying gohan is stronger than goku, vegeta or even freiza. You gotta take characters at their most recent strongest feat. And in dragon ball super that was his fight against SSB goku before the tournament. If you Don’t factor that in, what are you even comparing?

Last edited:
Maybe not in the tournament, but ore tournament, gohan fight with goku, going to me to toe with SSB goku and still telling goku to show him his full strength. Using goku as the bar, Even with that speed you think dyspo is going toe to toe with SSB goku? I don’t see it. Hit only took a beating because he was baiting him.

Man that whole arc where he was choosing fighters was bull****. None of them should have fared well against SSB Goku. So it's either bad writing or Goku wasn't even trying. But I definitely would not use the "fight" between Gohan and Goku as any kind of barometer of Gohan's strength.

Rico said pretty much everything I was going to say. Gohan trained for... maybe 5 hours before the tournament after years of being sedentary?

Goku would destroy Gohan if he were anything close to serious.

Not sure how those two things correlate.

Gohan trained for 5 hours yet forced Goku to go SSBxKaioken. Are we no longer calling that serious?

If you choose to ignore the obvious plot induced stupidity of the feat, sure.

That in my mind makes the feat dubious enough to be discarded.

We've seen comics of Hulk being beaten up by regular gorillas and Thor being knocked unconscious by a gunshot, would either of those situations occur when a writer isn't pushing a terribly conceived narrative? Nah. Thor is beyond bulletproof and Hulk could body an army of gorillas... At once.

Goku would destroy Gohan if he were anything close to serious.

I dont doubt that for a second. my point being that gohan being able to trade blows with SSB Goku to begin with already gives a bar for how strong he is at the very least. the breif episode recap literally says "gohan showed power that rivaled goku's"

even if you down play it and say hes rusty or goku wasnt trying, completely disregarding the fight is disingenuous.

call it lazy writing or what have you, but gohan has crossed over or at the very least met lowest level power that constitutes the SSB threshold with the likes of android 17. does that make him any where close to 100% goku or vegeta? nope. but if youre saying that hes on the level of less than SSB caliber fighters, you're not giving him his fair shake. the fight with the two namekians also says a lot based on what we know about namekian fusion and how strong piccolo got exponentially from just 2 namekians absorbed.

The Dyspo vs Gohan argument is interesting

I think I would bet money on Dyspo tho

Unless Dyspo is tired or Gohan gets pissed which I doubt

Not sure how the feat is any ridiculous then Goku getting his *** whooped, unlocking ultra instinct, only to get his *** whooped again.

Reactions: OTG
Back
Top Bottom