Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

Originally Posted by cutasdiamondz8

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Album is decent...Beautiful is crazy and a few other standout tracks but other than that its just average

A True Listener Right Here... To The Rest ...Just Cause It's EMINEM.. And We All Know How Sick Of An Artist He WAS Compared To Now..Does Not Mean That You All Have To Agree With Everyone On This Board People.. The Album Is Sub Par And His Lyrics Is Nothing Close To What He Once Was.. He Just Throws Out Some Weird Nursery Rhymes And Does It With Precision To The Point Where It May Make The Listener Feel Like He Just Said The Craziest Line Ever Lol... But I'm Not Knocking Eminem Yet Cause I've Given The Whole Album A Few Listens.. And There Are A Few Solid Tracks..

eek.gif
You use capital letters for EVERY word! Gives me a headache just readingit.....

I remember listening to We All Die Someday the other day and thinking man I miss Em....Void has been filled.

Originally Posted by Numberr97

did you just say em ran out of topics to talk about? i don't think there is a person who raps about more random stuff/ topics then eminem does so please stop with that..
Like? His drug problems? He's mentioned using drugs on all his albums. His kid? Been there done that. Roasting celebs? When will that end?That's another thing most of the shhh he raps about is random as hell. I'd prefer him to kick a story or something. Give me some type of Guiltyconscience, give me more introspective shhh

IMO he expressed more diverse subject matter on Infinite than he did on all of his major releases. This album does have a lot of the same stuff on it topicwise and it aint like most of it measures up to say a Kill You or As The World Turns.

I recognize dudes talent, I just wish he was doing more with it.

okay well this isn't the year 2000 so why don't we quit whining about how em isn't giving us SSLP, nas isn't giving us illmatic, and jayisn't giving us blueprints.
do you guys have ears, do you listen to music or do you skim through it? i truly think some people just post negative replies just to get quoted and getreplied because that makes their day being quoted on nt. we are in time period of rap where soulja boy is the greatest thing to ever happen and everyone thinksplies and rick ross are amazing. and then eminem puts out this and you guys say that this is mediocre? are you kidding me? lmao wow

edit: i guess its true, sorry eminem doesn't have a vast variety of subjects to rap about. he should rap about how his chevy is sitting on 24s, while hiscrib got 450 bedrooms and how he stacks paper higher than yao ming, while doing the stanky leg with girls kissing him thru the phone. my bad ill fall back

did you just say em ran out of topics to talk about? i don't think there is a person who raps about more random stuff/ topics then eminem does so please stop with that..

Please tell me what this guy addressed on this album that we haven't heard before?

Originally Posted by Pretty Toney

Please tell me what this guy addressed on this album that we haven't heard before?

The Clipse have touched on one subject for damn near 10 years, NT loves them...

okay well this isn't the year 2000 so why don't we quit whining about how em isn't giving us SSLP, nas isn't giving us illmatic, and jay isn't giving us blueprints.
do you guys have ears, do you listen to music or do you skim through it? i truly think some people just post negative replies just to get quoted and get replied because that makes their day being quoted on nt. we are in time period of rap where soulja boy is the greatest thing to ever happen and everyone thinks plies and rick ross are amazing. and then eminem puts out this and you guys say that this is mediocre? are you kidding me? lmao wow

edit: i guess its true, sorry eminem doesn't have a vast variety of subjects to rap about. he should rap about how his chevy is sitting on 24s, while his crib got 450 bedrooms and how he stacks paper higher than yao ming, while doing the stanky leg with girls kissing him thru the phone. my bad ill fall back
None of that made any sense...you seem mad that people don't like the album.

THIS ALBUM HAD A THEME ....RELAPSE

HE JUST DROPPED A LYRICAL ALBUM GOING IN HARD

& STUCK WITH A THEME...DRUGS & HIS PROBLEMS ...

okay well this isn't the year 2000 so why don't we quit whining about how em isn't giving us SSLP, nas isn't giving us illmatic, and jay isn't giving us blueprints.
do you guys have ears, do you listen to music or do you skim through it? i truly think some people just post negative replies just to get quoted and get replied because that makes their day being quoted on nt. we are in time period of rap where soulja boy is the greatest thing to ever happen and everyone thinks plies and rick ross are amazing. and then eminem puts out this and you guys say that this is mediocre? are you kidding me? lmao wow

edit: i guess its true, sorry eminem doesn't have a vast variety of subjects to rap about. he should rap about how his chevy is sitting on 24s, while his crib got 450 bedrooms and how he stacks paper higher than yao ming, while doing the stanky leg with girls kissing him thru the phone. my bad ill fall back
None of that made any sense...you seem mad that people don't like the album.
It made sense.
STRIKE OUT YO #!%+
POW!

Originally Posted by AKA Anthony

Please....they have as many detractors as they do fans on this board.

I hate when yall try to make a rebuttal that doesn't help your argument. Bringing up another Mc or group that has the same con doesn't change anything.The Clipse been lame for constantly rapping bout the same thing. I've already put them in the category as that's the only thing they're good at. Iknow Em can rap about other stuff though cuz I've heard it.

Right now with him it's like he blew, found his nitche/gimmick and is never gonna stray away from it. What I would like is with him and many other Mcs isafter you get rich off that give us atleast one album when you really try something new, different, and progressive. Something you actually want to make foryou so to speak. Also I'm not asking for SSLP or MMLP Em cuz for the most part his flow is still sick so he really hasn't lost anything except for whathe's rapping about. Just switch it up once in a while.

I've been noticed rappers are scared to do that but hey if this is what I should always expect from Em, fine. The raising of the bar stops with that shh

Anyone else feel like "I'm Having a Relapse" would fit on the album, right after Dr. West.

Originally Posted by AKA Anthony

Please....they have as many detractors as they do fans on this board.

I like how you didn't respond to the real point of my post

Originally Posted by dunnyy

Anyone else feel like "I'm Having a Relapse" would fit on the album, right after Dr. West.
Really though, why wasn't that on the album?
smh.gif
Anybody got ad/l link for that missed opportunity?
nerd.gif
I think this is cool sinceit's a throwaway but if not ignore it.

can someone please post the video of eminem on german tv thats on the blogz this morning, its good stuff i promise

i'd do it but I'm at work/don't know how to

^someone did. its a few pages back.

lets beat the drizzy post with this one. LETS GO!!!! POSITIVITY!!!

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I didn't see the posts for how ayoooooo the first verse of Insane was
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

wow..............

im sorry

crime pays>relapse

lmao ... the dude with a picture of himself flexing in a mirror for his avy who obviously visits the gym 22 hours out of the day is calling ayoooo and saying acam'ron cd is better than an eminem cd ... i guess you would like the dude that rocks pink all day ... i think your left bicep looks smaller than yourright better get on that homie ...
roll.gif

I went to bed and there was nothing but hate in this thread.. wake up and nothing but love
roll.gif

I like it.. but still think it ranks 4th... its between this and TES

I just hope he outsells Wayne..

NOTHING on this album is as bad as

"I am not from earth I am a Martian"
roll.gif

I'll def buy a copy of this to do my part

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I didn't see the posts for how ayoooooo the first verse of Insane was
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

wow..............

im sorry

crime pays>relapse

lmao ... the dude with a picture of himself flexing in a mirror for his avy who obviously visits the gym 22 hours out of the day is calling ayoooo and saying a cam'ron cd is better than an eminem cd ... i guess you would like the dude that rocks pink all day ... i think your left bicep looks smaller than your right better get on that homie ...
roll.gif

so wait you didnt listen to the track insane at all..........

as far as gym talk and muscular symmetry you can PM me that on the low I wont tell anybody. it doesnt take 22 hours either......ill get you started on anexercise program after an e-online assessment of your lifestyle.

......i already stated eminem flow is crazy.

insane is straight up gratuitous, the track beautiful...........i can dig that. stay wide awake...........
grin.gif

those are the 2 tracks i believe you pointed on a page back or 2. you said these 2 songs any rappers discography

you callin me ayooo an i dont even ride killa cam to the level you hypin eminem. its disgusting. all jokes aside now.............read other post in thisthread, youre hypin. point, blank, period.

edit: Im goin over bagpipes from baghdad right now............smh

eminem music is an acquired taste..............guess you could say that with any artist though. not everybody likes kanye, jay, weezy, joe, clipse, etc.

Listened to the whole thing again on the way to work today...not trying to be a Stan at all but this is really a great effort from Eminem. It is so painfullyobvious that Dr. Dre brings out the best in him, when you give Eminem too much power he goes way off the path. Some of the beats on this album are absolute Drebangers that you could easily hear might've been shelved from Detox, or Chronic 2001 for that matter.

This album will be judged over time based on its replay value in relation to his other work. SSLP, MMLP, even Eminem Show have incredible replay value for theaverage Eminem fan, while Encore strayed off that course. I think right now you can slide this right in with the 3 earlier ones, and time will tell where itstands in relation to those.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Listened to the whole thing again on the way to work today...not trying to be a Stan at all but this is really a great effort from Eminem. It is so painfully obvious that Dr. Dre brings out the best in him, when you give Eminem too much power he goes way off the path. Some of the beats on this album are absolute Dre bangers that you could easily hear might've been shelved from Detox, or Chronic 2001 for that matter.

This album will be judged over time based on its replay value in relation to his other work. SSLP, MMLP, even Eminem Show have incredible replay value for the average Eminem fan, while Encore strayed off that course. I think right now you can slide this right in with the 3 earlier ones, and time will tell where it stands in relation to those.

coo

what would be the stand out tracks for you?

i did a late night listen yesterday so im going over it again right now.

o by the way in case people havent figured out, the album is called "RELAPSE" ................. the entire cd is based on eminems"clean" return and then him falling back into the struggles of drug addiction and RELAPSING ...

re·lapse (r-lps)
intr.v. re·lapsed, re·laps·ing, re·laps·es
1. To fall or slide back into a former state.
2. To regress after partial recovery from illness.
3. To slip back into bad ways; backslide.

dude puts out a true rap ALBUM and people sayin all this negative bs lol ... i can fully understand if you arent comfortable with insanebecause many people in the world cant deal with lyrics like that, but aside from that song nothing on the album is sub par ... i guess people just got used torappers who suck and forgot what the game is supposed to be about ... i havent heard an album like this since i was like 18 ...

Back
Top Bottom