Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

Originally Posted by AKA Anthony

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

NT is so serious

ive yet to do this to anybody, if everybody on a messageboard had the same opinion it would be a boring place.
laugh.gif
naw man but when people say things like encore > relapse you have to draw a line ...
He's got a point. Encore was trash outside of 4 songs.

I wasn't being serious, I wanted to see how quickly the stan would respond
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
Edit $*@$ I passed 10,000 posts already. Damn it. I wasted it in a damn Eminemthread.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ dude explaining what a Relapse is and the theme of the album, that's so lame you have take it there.
i know right ... i have to sit here and explain simple @@@* to people because they cant understand even the basic of concepts ...
indifferent.gif

o by the way in case people havent figured out, the album is called "RELAPSE" ................. the entire cd is based on eminems "clean" return and then him falling back into the struggles of drug addiction and RELAPSING ...

re·lapse (r-lps)
intr.v. re·lapsed, re·laps·ing, re·laps·es
1. To fall or slide back into a former state.
2. To regress after partial recovery from illness.
3. To slip back into bad ways; backslide.

dude puts out a true rap ALBUM and people sayin all this negative bs lol ... i can fully understand if you arent comfortable with insane because many people in the world cant deal with lyrics like that, but aside from that song nothing on the album is sub par ... i guess people just got used to rappers who suck and forgot what the game is supposed to be about ... i havent heard an album like this since i was like 18 ...

Your taking this album way too far.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dunnyy

Get ready for this post to jump at least 10 more pages real soon.
I just hit up MEB on aim.. hes coming (PAUSE)
dunny
11:08
on a scale of 6 to 27
with 12 being the lowest
and 32 the highest
how bad is relapse?

Quick, someone make a Vinnie Paz appreciation thread to keep him out of here!

i will have to admit, jedi mind tricks discography is probably better than the tonya skit

I wanna see what MEB says about this album. Because I don't see many, if any mainstream sell out tracks on this thing.

We Made You and Crack A Bottle don't count.

i actually think meb will like this cd a lot ... knowing his taste, eminem geared this album towards meb lol ... he displays his rapping ability perfectly ...

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ dude explaining what a Relapse is and the theme of the album, that's so lame you have take it there.
i know right ... i have to sit here and explain simple @@@* to people because they cant understand even the basic of concepts ...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@ you assuming even an average music listenerdoesn't get that simple concept. It's sad you took it there because you really thought it was warranted
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
@ you assuming even an average music listener doesn't get that simple concept. It's sad you took it there because you really thought it was warranted
it wasnt warranted? go back and check this thread and look at how many peope arent grasping the fact that em followed the meaning of his albumtitle ... dudes asking for all this random ++** saying o he needed to do this he needed to do that, why is he talking about drugs all the time blah blah blah... yeah it was warranted to some people in this thread becaus ethey didnt get it ...

a perfect example is crime pays ... decent album, absolutely 0 cohesiveness ... basically a mixtape with skits and an intro ... that is not rap music imo ...what eminem did was rap music ... a damn album that actually is put together and makes sense ...

Master Zik wrote:
indifferent.gif
@ you assuming even an average music listener doesn't get that simple concept. It's sad you took it there because you really thought it was warranted

it wasnt warranted? go back and check this thread and look at how many peope arent grasping the fact that em followed the meaning of his album title ... dudes asking for all this random ++** saying o he needed to do this he needed to do that, why is he talking about drugs all the time blah blah blah ... yeah it was warranted to some people in this thread becaus ethey didnt get it ...

a perfect example is crime pays ... decent album, absolutely 0 cohesiveness ... basically a mixtape with skits and an intro ... that is not rap music imo ... what eminem did was rap music ... a damn album that actually is put together and makes sense ...

Star I understand you to a limit but you've gotta realize this is niketalk the Home of the Haters and with such a diverse group of peopleyou've gotta only expect some slick and uneducated responses but it really doesn't make you look any better to go back and forth in an attempt topersuade or alter another mans opinion.if its over there heads take it as that man. cus the past two days you have defended em to the upsmost witch is fine butthis is a fair warning your going to get flamed on by the haters.

After a listen, it's a solid effort after that trash juice Encore album. Minus a few tracks, it's
pimp.gif

But, I still like TES better

Originally Posted by sdfbheat

Star I understand you to a limit but you've gotta realize this is niketalk the Home of the Haters and with such a diverse group of people you've gotta only expect some slick and uneducated responses but it really doesn't make you look any better to go back and forth in an attempt to persuade or alter another mans opinion.if its over there heads take it as that man. cus the past two days you have defended em to the upsmost witch is fine but this is a fair warning your going to get flamed on by the haters.
i completely understand ... ive been around NT for almost 6 years now ... i know how it goes
roll.gif

I'm not much into the subject matter, but there is absolutely no denying dude's flow.

Deja Vu
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Pretty Toney

Originally Posted by Numberr97

did you just say em ran out of topics to talk about? i don't think there is a person who raps about more random stuff/ topics then eminem does so please stop with that..

Please tell me what this guy addressed on this album that we haven't heard before?
yes and ur fav rapper does the same thing.

pimp.gif
Dr. West" (Skit) 01:29
"3am" 05:20 What can i Say wished he mad a short film or something to
"My Mom" 05:20 lables him self as a product of his mother what he hated he turned into
"Insane" 03:01 Crazy Demented "Slim Shady" Status 100%
laugh.gif

"Bagpipes From Baghdad" 04:43 Whent in on Mariah fully warns nick Cannon
"Hello" 04:08 I love it
"Tonya" (Skit) 00:43
"Same Song & Dance" 04:08
"We Made You" 04:30
"Medicine Ball" 03:57
pimp.gif

"Paul" (Skit) 00:19
"Stay Wide Awake" 05:20
pimp.gif

"Old Time's Sake" feat. Dr. Dre 04:35
smokin.gif

"Must Be The Ganja" 04:03 Im a heavy smoker so
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Mr. Mathers" 00:42
"Deja Vu" 04:43
"Beautiful" 06:32
"Crack A Bottle" f. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent 04:58
"Steve Berman" (Skit) 01:29
"Underground/Ken Kaniff" 06:19 He spazzed the beat is just
embarassed.gif
the ways the flow changed and the horror movie break down wow
frown.gif
and the Return of Ken

o by the way in case people havent figured out, the album is called "RELAPSE" ................. the entire cd is based on eminems "clean" return and then him falling back into the struggles of drug addiction and RELAPSING ...

re·lapse (r-lps)
intr.v. re·lapsed, re·laps·ing, re·laps·es
1. To fall or slide back into a former state.
2. To regress after partial recovery from illness.
3. To slip back into bad ways; backslide.

dude puts out a true rap ALBUM and people sayin all this negative bs lol ... i can fully understand if you arent comfortable with insane because many people in the world cant deal with lyrics like that, but aside from that song nothing on the album is sub par ... i guess people just got used to rappers who suck and forgot what the game is supposed to be about ... i havent heard an album like this since i was like 18 ...
roll.gif
I actually lol'd while reading that

Relapse is a solid album, although its not as good as TES imo, its missing his aggressiveness at times and the subject matter relies too much on fantasticalcontent, whereas on TES you could feel the emotion in his lyrics

Deja Vu has the best story, imo best track on the album

despite the subject matter, the flow on bagpipes from bagdad is something serious though

Dudes on NT always put up a front and try and hate on everything they can.. They have to be "hard" in order to feel respected on a message board.I've been on four other message boards and this is the only one where people aren't excited and think this is a great effort by Eminem. Can'ty'all just appreciate that Eminem is back? Sure, it's not MMLP and an angry Eminem. But we did get music and rap that is WAY better than other stuffthat has been liked on NT. The concept of the album was fulfilled. Lyrically, Eminem is one of the best to come around. His flow is outrageous. The productionon this album is on another level. (Underground almost sounds like it's 5/4 -- The beat is so complex!!!) Eminem was able to try out different style flowsand deliveries this album... And all that I know is that I think this album is a solid 9 out of 10. Definitely better than Encore. I'd compare it as amixture between TES and MMLP.. More so TES though. It's great to see Eminem back! Interested to see what level he can take Relapse 2 to.

I honestly feel like this was a blend of MMLP and SSlP and was well put together. He had songs that i would relate Em too cus ive been around since Infiniteand my first words were Bleep Bleep and Curse Curse ,and met a ******ed kid name greg with a wooden leg broke it off and beat him over the #@%##$ head withthe peg go to bed with a keg and wake up with a 40 i mixed it with alka selzter and formula 44- D.

Back
Top Bottom