Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Listened to the whole thing again on the way to work today...not trying to be a Stan at all but this is really a great effort from Eminem. It is so painfully obvious that Dr. Dre brings out the best in him, when you give Eminem too much power he goes way off the path. Some of the beats on this album are absolute Dre bangers that you could easily hear might've been shelved from Detox, or Chronic 2001 for that matter.

This album will be judged over time based on its replay value in relation to his other work. SSLP, MMLP, even Eminem Show have incredible replay value for the average Eminem fan, while Encore strayed off that course. I think right now you can slide this right in with the 3 earlier ones, and time will tell where it stands in relation to those.

coo

what would be the stand out tracks for you?

i did a late night listen yesterday so im going over it again right now.
I'd say standouts right now include Bagpipes from Baghdad, Medicine Ball, Stay Wide Awake, Deja Vu, Beautiful, thats just from me looking atthe tracklist

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Listened to the whole thing again on the way to work today...not trying to be a Stan at all but this is really a great effort from Eminem. It is so painfully obvious that Dr. Dre brings out the best in him, when you give Eminem too much power he goes way off the path. Some of the beats on this album are absolute Dre bangers that you could easily hear might've been shelved from Detox, or Chronic 2001 for that matter.

This album will be judged over time based on its replay value in relation to his other work. SSLP, MMLP, even Eminem Show have incredible replay value for the average Eminem fan, while Encore strayed off that course. I think right now you can slide this right in with the 3 earlier ones, and time will tell where it stands in relation to those.

coo

what would be the stand out tracks for you?

i did a late night listen yesterday so im going over it again right now.
"Hello" stands out to me just cause it definitely has that "Who Knew" and "I'm Back" feel to it
"Same Song & Dance" has a hypnotic beat
"Medicine Ball,""Stay Wide Awake" and "Underground" appreciated for lyricism
"Deja Vu" and "Beautiful" are also standing out to me

I'm not gonna compare this to Crime Pays though because to me its practically two different genres. I'm just happy I got new albums from two of myfavorite artists.

so wait you didnt listen to the track insane at all..........

as far as gym talk and muscular symmetry you can PM me that on the low I wont tell anybody. it doesnt take 22 hours either......ill get you started on an exercise program after an e-online assessment of your lifestyle.

......i already stated eminem flow is crazy.

insane is straight up gratuitous, the track beautiful...........i can dig that. stay wide awake...........
grin.gif

those are the 2 tracks i believe you pointed on a page back or 2. you said these 2 songs any rappers discography

you callin me ayooo an i dont even ride killa cam to the level you hypin eminem. its disgusting. all jokes aside now.............read other post in this thread, youre hypin. point, blank, period.

edit: Im goin over bagpipes from baghdad right now............smh

eminem music is an acquired taste..............guess you could say that with any artist though. not everybody likes kanye, jay, weezy, joe, clipse, etc.
i listened to it, maybe 3 or 4 times actually, classic eminem spouting off about a questionable topic and rapping better than anyone out ... itslike people dont get the point of songs ... the name of it is "insane" and the track lets you know how insane eminem really is ... the first line isall you need to know "i was born with a %+%# in my brain, yeah im $*$!++ in the head" ... i mean he tells you that he is a sick %!*! and is about toshow you how insane and sick he is and then he GOES IN ... like i said i can understand if you dont like the content because its hard for some people to lookpast the "ayoooness" of a track, but "pull your skirt down" as someone you would like said ...

im not talkin to you about the gym, might get you excited and %!%% ... you look like a dehydrated stretch armstrong ...

are you telling me there is a song on crime pays that is even remotely as good as either beautiful or stay wide awake? no song cam has ever done is as good asthem 2 songs and if you dont realize that you need to listen to music more often or something ...

and if you dont like bagpipes over baghdad then i shouldnt even me addressing you cuz we have a different taste in music ... i like rap and a persona abilityto put words togetehr, you like whatever it is you like ...

i just threw cam in there for the sarcasm/controversy, an if you read my last thread in the cam thread i said im already bored with the album/same level askilla season really

i have an open mind to music man, thats why i love nt music forum because all the opinions negative or positive from so many different people on artistmainstream to underground.

dunnyy

Deju Vu and Beautiful are my 2 fave tracks off the album also

edit: funny thing is i didnt even start the insane comment an dude goin so hard.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

o by the way in case people havent figured out, the album is called "RELAPSE" ................. the entire cd is based on eminems "clean" return and then him falling back into the struggles of drug addiction and RELAPSING ...

re·lapse (r-lps)
intr.v. re·lapsed, re·laps·ing, re·laps·es
1. To fall or slide back into a former state.
2. To regress after partial recovery from illness.
3. To slip back into bad ways; backslide.

dude puts out a true rap ALBUM and people sayin all this negative bs lol ... i can fully understand if you arent comfortable with insane because many people in the world cant deal with lyrics like that, but aside from that song nothing on the album is sub par ... i guess people just got used to rappers who suck and forgot what the game is supposed to be about ... i havent heard an album like this since i was like 18 ...

yo this *@#!% is unbearable....

lmao ... my bad lurkin i just cant stand people who say thing slike camron > eminem ... i can dig it we have different tastes its all good ... at least youkeep an open mind, but some dudes on here smh ... smh ... smh

its true people need to stop driving the point home into everyone. if you like it you like it, you dont you dont.

personally, I think if you were growing up listening to all those earlier eminem albums this one will affect you differently than it would others who arelistening. remember alot of the people posting weren't put on to eminem till alot later.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

o by the way in case people havent figured out, the album is called "RELAPSE" ................. the entire cd is based on eminems "clean" return and then him falling back into the struggles of drug addiction and RELAPSING ...

re·lapse (r-lps)

dude puts out a true rap ALBUM and people sayin all this negative bs lol ... i can fully understand if you arent comfortable with insane because many people in the world cant deal with lyrics like that, but aside from that song nothing on the album is sub par ... i guess people just got used to rappers who suck and forgot what the game is supposed to be about ... i havent heard an album like this since i was like 18 ...

dude... im pretty sure everybody gets the title... this type of music just isnt going to appeal to everybody tho... let it go...

everytime u post people take ur opinion less serious...

i honestly think u are stan reincarnated... (or maybe u never drowned?)

yea im pretty much done talkin to this character,

he is takin it way too serious, an i already explained the cam commnent, but dude continues to go hard instead of discussin the album

seriously who doesnt understand the title?
laugh.gif

well said iHate

again lilStar im good man, i gave your boy a listen, guy has talent, didnt mean to get you so upset, shoot me a PM i can have you lookin just like eminem inthe 3am video, you could prolly do all that on just a physioball. we just need to evaluate first.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

re·lapse (r-lps)

dude... im pretty sure everybody gets the title... this type of music just isnt going to appeal to everybody tho... let it go...

everytime u post people take ur opinion less serious...

i honestly think u are stan reincarnated... (or maybe u never drowned?)
what's your opinion on the album time. you're usually a bitter hateful d00d so i'd like to know what u think

Originally Posted by AKA Anthony

Ignore feature engaged

roll.gif

NT is so serious

ive yet to do this to anybody, if everybody on a messageboard had the same opinion it would be a boring place.

Not everybody Relapses.

I like this album a lot. Just under The Eminem Show.

And you guys saying you wish Eminem would tell more stories in his song he did that with the few good songs on Encore (Yellow Brick Road, Like Toy Soldiers,Mockingbird) so I mean I could understand why he didn't go back to any of those songs since there's prob not much left for him to say in regards to hispast. A Guilty Conscience type song would have been great for this album. That's the one thing this album is lacking.

And Insane isn't for everybody, but if you could look past the colorfulness of the song you would appreciate how disturbingly genius it is.

Good album, 8.5/10.

Ignore feature engaged

roll.gif

NT is so serious

ive yet to do this to anybody, if everybody on a messageboard had the same opinion it would be a boring place.

I wasn't ignoring you homie, I understand people can have opinions but I will not tolerate e-sucking of ones penis.

Ignore feature engaged

roll.gif

NT is so serious

I wasn't ignoring you homie, I understand people can have opinions but I will not tolerate e-sucking of ones penis.
What about e-handjobs?

Ignore feature engaged

roll.gif

NT is so serious

ooo no lol i got you Anthony......i didnt assume it was me thats why i was
laugh.gif

It got worse with the 3rd listen, album is trash, Encore defecates on this.
roll.gif

yo Anthony has me laughin out loud right now aw man

NT is so serious

laugh.gif
naw man but when people say things like encore >relapse you have to draw a line ... it sucks though because when you ignore someone and someone else quotes them, you still have to look at their posts ...

as for time, OBVIOUSLY not everyone gets the title cuz they are asking for @+#* that wouldnt apply to this album ... the entire basis is relapsing back to hisold self, drug use and shocking lyrics ... its real life relapse with drug addiction and its rapper relapse with songs following his old form ... people arentgrasping the concept ... and i never drowned, ill visit you on relapse 2
nerd.gif

and just for the record ... eminem > your favorite rapper

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Ignore feature engaged

roll.gif

NT is so serious

What about e-handjobs?

Eh, I guess I can let a few e-handjobs slide

Get ready for this post to jump at least 10 more pages real soon.
I just hit up MEB on aim.. hes coming (PAUSE)
dunny
11:08
on a scale of 6 to 27
with 12 being the lowest
and 32 the highest
how bad is relapse?

NT is so serious

laugh.gif
naw man but when people say things like encore > relapse you have to draw a line ...
He's got a point. Encore was trash outside of 4 songs.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ dude explaining what a Relapse is and the theme of the album, that'sso lame you have take it there.

As far as insane, the gay shh said isn't really insane. Just gay. I mean that shhh happens in real life go watch a couple eps of Law & Order: SVU. Iwasn't thinking oh this gay shh is so indanse and fits the song perfectly. I was like Em you could've went harder on what's insane, this is just a
laugh.gif
Talkin bout jail scene @*% rape. There's too many songs like thaton this album. What he said on 3am was more insane than Insane

Anyway should Bagpipes From Baghdad be considered a diss track to Nick Cannon?
laugh.gif
I'm actually taking some of the shh he's saying bout Mariah seriously. He probably do want to smash again. I need to see him talk about thatsong in an interview
laugh.gif
I mean if not it was just unecessary
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

NT is so serious

laugh.gif
naw man but when people say things like encore > relapse you have to draw a line ...
He's got a point. Encore was trash outside of 4 songs.

I wasn't being serious, I wanted to see how quickly the stan would respond
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom