Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

Did you try the Royal Edition by chance?

I didn't. Pre-ordered and got the physical when it dropped and powered through it and was done with the game after. Didn't really feel a desire to check any of the DLC out or anything.
It's an improvement I take it?

I didn't. Pre-ordered and got the physical when it dropped and powered through it and was done with the game after. Didn't really feel a desire to check any of the DLC out or anything.
It's an improvement I take it?
Very much so. The new story and gameplay elements it adds makes it a much better end product.

Very much so. The new story and gameplay elements it adds makes it a much better end product.

Hmmm, might check it out then. The story was all over the place in the OG, when that "pivotal" death happens midgame, I literally felt nothing because the game spends no time getting you attached to that character. I didn't watch the movie before so that might be it but outside of the buddy adventure aspect none of the other elements hit much. Prompto is also incredibly annoying :lol:

Hmmm, might check it out then. The story was all over the place in the OG, when that "pivotal" death happens midgame, I literally felt nothing because the game spends no time getting you attached to that character. I didn't watch the movie before so that might be it but outside of the buddy adventure aspect none of the other elements hit much. Prompto is also incredibly annoying :lol:
Each character got their own Episode as DLC which goes into their backgrounds and motivations. Prompto is slightly less annoying after going through his episode. :lol:

Wait, the story is different in the royal edition??

I played 15 when it first came out and enjoyed it. I thought the royals edition was just dlc

Wait, the story is different in the royal edition??

I played 15 when it first came out and enjoyed it. I thought the royals edition was just dlc
They added more story elements to the later parts of the game and the DLC added new gameplay mechanics to the base game as well (Swapping between characters during battle). All the DLC are good and worth playing, especially Episode Ignis.

They added more story elements to the later parts of the game and the DLC added new gameplay mechanics to the base game as well (Swapping between characters during battle). All the DLC are good and worth playing, especially Episode Ignis.

Oh **** you don't always fight as Noctis now? I do think the combat system was incredibly fun but it felt weird only controlling one member in a battle in an FF game.

Oh **** you don't always fight as Noctis now? I do think the combat system was incredibly fun but it felt weird only controlling one member in a battle in an FF game.
i only played about 10 hrs of FF15 before tossing it

the part in this video about how you can just get through battles by holding down one button :lol:

i only played about 10 hrs of FF15 before tossing it

the part in this video about how you can just get through battles by holding down one button :lol:

:smh:
Man I forgot those boss battles where you go super saiyan, fighting those weren't fun at all :lol:

The fan service of the game really kept me going. Royal Edition is on Gamepass so I'm gonna give it another shot maybe.

Last edited:
Not to disagree, but instead to play Devil's Advocate, I can get through 80% of almost every Final Fantasy by holding or tapping the attack button.

And with the PC versions of these games, you dont even have to hold anything to win battles. :lol:

FF 16 looks good based off what I saw.

but it also reminds me why FF7 will always be my favorite. I’m not too into the whole games of throne/old European setting vibes.

Back
Top Bottom