OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIII THREAD-- OUT NOW FOR PS3/XBOX360**********

word, the game speed up after a few hours in ....trust me, i really fell asleep the first 3 chapter
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Sorry be being an idiot but when do you start to level up? All my characters are still level 1 but I cannot advance any further in the crystarium. I really hope they are not capping the times you can level up...

Spoiler [+]
I just finished chapter 3 and had the shiva battle and am in the cutscene now with the guy on the news that looks like the pope.

I played this for like 6 hours straight the other day, went to turn my PS3 on today and it isn't working. Got the yellow light of death, and can't get my disc out. SMH

40 hours in...chapter 11.
the game is dope. chapters 9 and especially 10 were very long and boring, tho. i'm glad that i finally have full control over my party. i can switch leaders, switch party members have full access to the crystarium, etc.

guess i'll grind to get more cp points. i'm not upgrading anything until chapter 12. i need lionheart.

Originally Posted by debs 168

40 hours in...chapter 11.
the game is dope. chapters 9 and especially 10 were very long and boring, tho. i'm glad that i finally have full control over my party. i can switch leaders, switch party members have full access to the crystarium, etc.

guess i'll grind to get more cp points. i'm not upgrading anything until chapter 12. i need lionheart.
I'm right behind you.  30 hours in...I can really seeing myself fighting monsters in chapter 11 for the next week 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

Originally Posted by knightngale

mass effect 2 (2010 GOTY)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I played it, great game but there's just too many games coming out this year to already give it to ME2
From what I'm reading LA Noire just might be game of the year. Rockstar isn't playing with that one.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by DUB 253

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I played it, great game but there's just too many games coming out this year to already give it to ME2
From what I'm reading LA Noire just might be game of the year. Rockstar isn't playing with that one.
eek.gif

Not to thread hijak but ive been living under a rock. Whats LA Noire about?

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif

It's an old fashioned detective story set in the 1940's. Looks pretty awesome.

Also, just found out from Sony that they will be wiping my hard drive so I have to start FF13 all over again. SMH

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Also, just found out from Sony that they will be wiping my hard drive so I have to start FF13 all over again. SMH

how can they do that?? and why would they do that???

Originally Posted by chris steez

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif

how can they do that?? and why would they do that???

I'm getting it sent in for repairs and it won't turn on so I can't back up anything or get my disc out.

Anyone own the guide?

I found weapon lists online but they don't reveal their locations (especially Lightning's "Organyx" or "Lionheart" sword).

If anyone can share it'd be appreciated, I'm already up to chapter 11 and I need to start doing these upgrades.

Organyx can be bought for 280,000 gil @ gilgamesh inc

Lionheart can be bought for 28,000 gil @ Plautus's workshop and can be found in a treasure sphere in chapter 12

in chapter 12 you will also find some other sweet weapons like Rebel Heart, Otshirvani

So should I wait on upgrading then till I get either of those two? I'd like to start getting some of these upgrades and side missions going (I def do not have the Giglamesh store available yet, heard you have to complete 40+ missions first?).

I know you can upgrade any weapon to Ulitma but I'd prefer to upgrade the ones with better stats on em'. I know Lionheart is a better all around weapon but Organyx has better Magic attributes?

Friend bought a copy of the pdf version so he's fwd'ing it to me.
pimp.gif

organyx will take mad long to get. you wouldn't get to enjoy it before the game is over. you should focus on lionheart for now and then post game make it a goal to get organyx.

i'm like 60 something hours into the game and on chapter 12.

my lightning has ultima weapon maxed out and powerglove maxed out and a speedsash and sprint shoes. fang is mad strong and vanille is my mage. her magic is almost as high as light's strength. the fights are intense in a good way, the scenery is insane, the music is dope, etc. etc.

chapter 12 >>>>>.

the game can't be rated until you get to and go through chapter 12 IMHO. chapter's 10 and 11 (when u continue the game, not the vast area you can optionally explore) made me want to throw the game out the window. chapter 12 is the reason we all bought ffXIII.

Originally Posted by RetroXIII

for odin i..
Spoiler [+]
had both characters on ravager paradigm which has chain bonus i think and just chucked away until i had to heal with hope. i used that shroud with the haste and i think had hope on synergist for a quick protect and repeated ravager chains until i had to press square. took me 3 tries lol.

this game feels like ffx but on autopilot

how do i get fortisol to appear in the item menu during battle?

you can't. you have to use all shrouds BEFORE the match.

anyway, i need a way to farm gil in chapter 13. i just spent like 850k upgrading omega weapon to level 77...

i do have another trap in my inventory tho (i ended up farming two rather than leaving the area to continue the game in chapter 12). i now have like 2k gil. but light's stats are crazy, so...
everybody has a maxed out grid as far as their main roles...with 100k cp to spare per character.

I'm up to Chapter 12 but I didn't start it yet (didn't board the airship), just went back to to complete some side missions for now.

Organyx is the strongest weapon in the game but obviously has the stagger lock issue and is very slow (haste shoes would be ordeal). Lionheart isn't even the strongest compared to the others, but since its versatile I may end up using that.

I use Fang's Venus Gospel since its her strongest (stagger lock is no issue since she's always COM anyways), Venille has the Marlboro Wand (improved debuffing II), and Hope uses Hresvelgr (improved maintenance II).

Didn't bother getting any tarps yet.

lionheart has random: instant stagger making it really useful, plus high magic and strength stats. its the most versatile. good luck getting organyx before defeating the last boss. its pretty much impossible.

Copped the game on the release date at Blockbuster..

Still in the plastic.. I'm waiting for DETAILED guides to drop, so I don't miss A SINGLE THING!

smokin.gif

Can someone explain Stagger Lock to me?

I have a couple weapons that mention it... if I equip one, will that prevent me from staggering enemies?

If so, what the advantage to these weapons then?

Back
Top Bottom