OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Y’all really running with this?
:rofl:

I did tell you before he signed that he would struggle in big matches
IMG_1152.png

But like I said, you take it if he’s scoring 50 goals a season :lol:

Hall is a baller with a lot of potential. But he’s surplus to requirements, so 35 mil is a nice fee for him.

:rofl:

I did tell you before he signed that he would struggle in big matches
IMG_1152.png

But like I said, you take it if he’s scoring 50 goals a season :lol:
Finals not the only big matches that get lost in this convo he’s shown up in big matches.

But finals what I’m seeing is teams sell out to stop him cause if you gonna lose to this city team in a final the obvious strategy is to stop him at all cost and make the rest of the team work hard as hell to get a goal. No matter how great you are if it’s two dudes always hovering around you and two more with eyes on you you’ll struggle. But even then that presence is an impact. Is Palmer open on the back post today if Sevilla defenders aren’t worried about making sure Haaland can’t contest first? Nope.

Last edited:
At the end of the day we don’t get to all those finals without him at the end of the day he’s the best striker in the world at the end of the day everyone here would take a guaranteed 35-40+ goals in they team from one man so what we talkin about
whatever u say numbers don't lie
1692223376674.png

Hall is a baller with a lot of potential. But he’s surplus to requirements, so 35 mil is a nice fee for him.

Agreed

He wants to play in the midfield. No room for him

I just hope Chelsea add sell-on clause in the deal

Finals not the only big matches that get lost in this convo he’s shown up in big matches.

But finals what I’m seeing is teams sell out to stop him cause if you gonna lose to this city team in a final the obvious strategy is to stop him at all cost and make the rest of the team work hard as hell to get a goal. No matter how great you are if it’s two dudes always hovering around you and two more with eyes on you you’ll struggle. But when then that presence is an impact. Is Palmer open on the back post today if Sevilla defenders aren’t worried about making sure Haaland can’t contest first? Nope.

Dont bother, you’re making too much sense :lol:

But finals what I’m seeing is teams sell out to stop him cause if you gonna lose to this city team in a final the obvious strategy is to stop him at all cost and make the rest of the team work hard as hell to get a goal. No matter how great you are if it’s two dudes always hovering around you and two more with eyes on you you’ll struggle. But when then that presence is an impact. Is Palmer open on the back post today if Sevilla defenders aren’t worried about making sure Haaland can’t contest first? Nope.
I could only watch the end of the match, but just checked the highlights and I saw it differently.

Cyborg was still occupying the space between the CBs, still making the same runs in behind like he does every game. The difference in the bigger matches is the service will not be the same going against quality players in well drilled teams.

The Palmer goal I would put that down to the defender getting sucked in ball watching.

He had 22 touches against Burnley and 15 today. He already is barely involved, bigger matches just means he’s going to have to convert with even less opportunities. Other top forwards face the same problems, the ones that normally perform at or around what they normally produce are the ones that are able to get on the ball and help their team in the build up phase through dribbling or passing.

He’ll eventually score in a final though, he’s too good of a finisher not to.

Back
Top Bottom