OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D0D8FC37-275D-4501-899D-43CBF12CDB0C.gif
27FBA7B5-2D46-4579-A898-DB48C4B35469.gif
A1D632AD-E7D4-44D4-A5A3-42B61DBCAF42.gif

One dragon should of been in the field and one should of been sitting right at the front of Winterfell’sgate just blazing the front line.

One dragon should of been in the field and one should of been sitting right at the front of Winterfell’sgate just blazing the front line.
one in the field and one next to Bran so that bran could tell him the location of NK imo and more fire trenches but wider :lol:

If I found out Cersei wasn't going to bring her army to fight, I would've flown to King's Landing at night and burn that ish down.

Answered this already but **** it,

The NK spent all series not exposing himself to direct threats and letting everyone else handle his light work

The first 3 eyed raven posed absolutely no threat he was an old man stuck in a tree protected by an elf

He walked into an obvious trap for Bran

He could’ve let the generals handle it

Could’ve burned dude w that dragon off rip

Could’ve let the wights kill him

Could’ve waited another half hour until everyone else was dead

But he decided to take 10minutes to walk 10 yards to “do it himself”

He all of sudden had all these human emotions and ego that were absent all series

The **** was stupid
What if he didn’t want to kill him but turn him or something? He may have needed to be with the raven for his own bidding.

After watching the episode twice, I really don't have much to say. When I watched it live on Sunday, I watched it with some friends and the apartment I was at did not have a good TV for this particular episode. After I watched it again on my 4K HDR Samsung with the brightness turned up, I was able to appreciate the battle much more. It definitely was not the best GoT battle (that title goes to the Battle of the Bastards), but it was entertaining and keep the blood pressure up. On Sunday, I felt as though the ending to the army of the dead narrative was a bit anti-climactic. After all, they did build this story-line up for seven seasons only to finish it in one 1.5 hour episode. After thinking about it, I realized it was only way to do it. The living were getting their asses handed to them. If Arya hadn't taken flight, the Night King would've finished them off easily. I guess they could've ended the episode on a cliffhanger and finished the battle next week, but in the end it would've been the same result. The living had one opportunity and they took it. There was never going to be another battle against the army of the dead.

What if he didn’t want to kill him but turn him or something? He may have needed to be with the raven for his own bidding.

I can dig that but then give us that explanation or any explanation lol

and I'm open minded and hopeful that they provide a lil context for what we saw and piece things together a little better, explain some of these moves but as is it's just a lot of holes and questions for me

I'm just disappointed they teased 1000s of years of history and prophecy to just have it wind up being "west wing westeros" at the end

I thought it was clear after The Door that the NK had a personal beef with the 3ER/Bran. He didn't have to kill the last one himself either. Sure he was an old man in a tree, but Bran is a crippled kid in a chair.
He did it on some "leave him to me, kill the rest" type **** every villain does in movies and TV. :lol:
Having Bran die at the hands of some random wight would have been lame too.
I mean why show the NK at all. Dude could take care of Westeros from a far.

Answered this already but **** it,

The NK spent all series not exposing himself to direct threats and letting everyone else handle his light work

The first 3 eyed raven posed absolutely no threat he was an old man stuck in a tree protected by an elf

He walked into an obvious trap for Bran

He could’ve let the generals handle it

Could’ve burned dude w that dragon off rip

Could’ve let the wights kill him

Could’ve waited another half hour until everyone else was dead

But he decided to take 10minutes to walk 10 yards to “do it himself”

He all of sudden had all these human emotions and ego that were absent all series

The **** was stupid

He'd already destroyed the Winterfell forces - if there was only an elf when he killed the first three-eyed raven, there was only a very weakened Theon when he went for Bran - he'd won.

It seems to me that instead of letting his wights take care of the three-eyed raven (both Bran and the dude before Bran), it's something he views as important enough to do himself. Winterfell was defeated - he'd literally just raised all of the dead again, there was no coming back from that. Waiting another hour wouldn't have made a difference because he didn't know that Arya was still alive.

Back
Top Bottom