OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone else envision that the sigils would be better quality on people's banners? I thought they would have awesome designs but looks like most of them were kept simple. Roose's "Flayed Man" banners look like they were made by a kindergarden class.

On the one hand, I really liked this episode. Nice pace, good scenes, it feels like they've finally figured out how to touch on stories without it feeling samey and monotone. They've realized how to move the camera and keep the dialogue to the point, and lead into the next scenes better.

On the other hand...good God, there's a ton of people in this cast. :wow: I mean, it takes an hour just to do roll call. It feels like we're basically gonna have half a season, because it takes 2 episodes just to touch on everyone, so it's really only gonna be 5 episodes this season. Now I understand why they split the book in half. It's only gonna feel like half a season happened at this rate.

Question, though. Has it been like 4 years since they shot the last season?
All these kids grown. Bran and Rickon look like young men.

That whole BROH crew is always so extra. Lowkey comic relief, time and again. I expected them to be the Dany's of this season, and just wander around, pretending to be dead and not doing much, but uh...The Reeds? Who the **** are The Reeds? Every time new people show up bad things happen. I know you, George.

And Bran's a Warg now? That whole North of the wall scene reminded me how disappointed I was with how they did the Qhorin stuff. That was the last thing I read, and it would've been so easy for them to make something more dramatic and interesting and compelling out of that chase. I mean, look...now they're introducing the seeing creatures from it. It's just a shame, and it makes this Jon Snow stuff ring hollow. If they knew they weren't gonna have much of the whitewalkers, that could've been the drive to show the seriousness of that war up there.

But as ****** up as it sounds...every time Catelyn hears that someone in her family died, Michelle Fairley puts in her best work. That Jon Snow story, man. :smh: Her honesty makes me like her more, and it helps that I agree with her, that the nurse sucks, and Theon did her family dirt.

Speaking of... :lol: I feel not pity in the least for Theon. Just some confusion and anticipation. Turn all the screws on that ****. But seriously...where the hell did Simon from Misfits come from? How does George not get tired of doubling his cast every book?

That said, I love the Tyrells. All of them. They feel like modern people in this old world. And I really didn't like Natalie Dormer last season. She had the same face for everything and had nothing going except her ****, but in short time she's been taking over. I feel like she's gonna have that Theon role of a small backup character, rising up and lowkey being the lead of the season. Maybe.

But her family. How many ******g Tyrells are there? Nany Tyrell goes HARD. :lol:

Ever since her pops lost his head, Sansa's been a real character. I had real fear for her talking out of turn like that. She's like a walking reminder of everything that's gone wrong with the Lannisters taking the crown. I constantly think they're gonna take her head every other episode. I mean, the city has ears and a mean bite, but that whole scene was so well directed. It feels like every time the Tyrells sit to eat, it's time to sit up and keep your eyes open.

I don't like Shae, though. Knockoff Noomi Rapace. It just feels like she can't really act in English and it comes out monotone. Every time I see her, she has me missing Roz, cuz there's just no spark with her. Compared to all the great female characters on this show, she's obviously the weakest, but at least she's a reason to give Tyrion more scenes. I feel like her whole reason for still being there was for that Tywin and Tyrion convo/beatdown to have teeth.

And it's weird, but I don't think I hate Joffrey anymore. I'm sure he'll bring it back with a vengeance, but this chick Margeary figured out how to tame him. She found the only thing he cares about, his weapons he uses to compensate.

Brienne sonning the Kingslayer. :smokin
What the hell are the flayed men? I feel like that's the 10th time someone mentioned them in the show. :nerd:

Everyone got taken in by someone new this episode. Brienne and Jamie with the flayed men, Theon with Simon, BROH with the Reeds, Arya with the Hound, Sansa with the Tyrells. The chess pieces keep moving quickly, and the worst part is...we're 2 episodes in and it still feels like the premiere isn't finished. :smh: :lol:

Really good episode.

There wasn't any Stannis/Mel/Davos, no Iron Islands, no Dany and barely anything above the wall and it was still a stuffed hour. :x

Last edited:
I start typing up a whole response and accidentally deleted it :lol: I'll get back at in the AM.

One thing I'll go at is flaying, it's technically skinning. That's the sigil of the Bolton's, that's what they used (not really used to) to do to prisoners. Roose said it in season two, one of their commom sayings is "a flayed man holds no secrets." They used to be HUGE enemies of the Starks, even flayed some of them and wore their skin as cloaks :lol:

So they're like the Ilyn Paynes of the North? :nerd: :smokin

They can't be the ones torturing Theon, though, or else Robb would know...hmm.

^
They make Payne seem like a nice guy.

There's so many different factions of the North army that Robb can't keep track of all of them anyway. Robb only knows what they told him went down at Winterfell.

Good ep.

I don't get this talk about Ygritte being too pretty. Yall miss me with that. She not ugly but I wouldn't categorize her as pretty. She don't look like she's been living years as wildling with that face but she's not really turning heads.

i miss the homie

tumblr_maqdjyumka1qe1i57o2_250.gif

Sansa's Cleavage. 
pimp.gif

Ser Loras's Grandmother is such a character. 
roll.gif

Last edited:
On the one hand, I really liked this episode. Nice pace, good scenes, it feels like they've finally figured out how to touch on stories without it feeling samey and monotone. They've realized how to move the camera and keep the dialogue to the point, and lead into the next scenes better.

On the other hand...good God, there's a ton of people in this cast.
eek.gif
I mean, it takes an hour just to do roll call. It feels like we're basically gonna have half a season, because it takes 2 episodes just to touch on everyone, so it's really only gonna be 5 episodes this season. Now I understand why they split the book in half. It's only gonna feel like half a season happened at this rate.

Question, though. Has it been like 4 years since they shot the last season?
All these kids grown. Bran and Rickon look like young men.

That whole BROH crew is always so extra. Lowkey comic relief, time and again. I expected them to be the Dany's of this season, and just wander around, pretending to be dead and not doing much, but uh...The Reeds? Who the **** are The Reeds? Every time new people show up bad things happen. I know you, George.

And Bran's a Warg now? That whole North of the wall scene reminded me how disappointed I was with how they did the Qhorin stuff. That was the last thing I read, and it would've been so easy for them to make something more dramatic and interesting and compelling out of that chase. I mean, look...now they're introducing the seeing creatures from it. It's just a shame, and it makes this Jon Snow stuff ring hollow. If they knew they weren't gonna have much of the whitewalkers, that could've been the drive to show the seriousness of that war up there.

But as ****** up as it sounds...every time Catelyn hears that someone in her family died, Michelle Fairley puts in her best work. That Jon Snow story, man.
mean.gif
Her honesty makes me like her more, and it helps that I agree with her, that the nurse sucks, and Theon did her family dirt.

Speaking of...
laugh.gif
I feel not pity in the least for Theon. Just some confusion and anticipation. Turn all the screws on that ****. But seriously...where the hell did Simon from Misfits come from? How does George not get tired of doubling his cast every book?

That said, I love the Tyrells. All of them. They feel like modern people in this old world. And I really didn't like Natalie Dormer last season. She had the same face for everything and had nothing going except her ****, but in short time she's been taking over. I feel like she's gonna have that Theon role of a small backup character, rising up and lowkey being the lead of the season. Maybe.

But her family. How many ******g Tyrells are there? Nany Tyrell goes HARD.
laugh.gif

Ever since her pops lost his head, Sansa's been a real character. I had real fear for her talking out of turn like that. She's like a walking reminder of everything that's gone wrong with the Lannisters taking the crown. I constantly think they're gonna take her head every other episode. I mean, the city has ears and a mean bite, but that whole scene was so well directed. It feels like every time the Tyrells sit to eat, it's time to sit up and keep your eyes open.

I don't like Shae, though. Knockoff Noomi Rapace. It just feels like she can't really act in English and it comes out monotone. Every time I see her, she has me missing Roz, cuz there's just no spark with her. Compared to all the great female characters on this show, she's obviously the weakest, but at least she's a reason to give Tyrion more scenes. I feel like her whole reason for still being there was for that Tywin and Tyrion convo/beatdown to have teeth.

And it's weird, but I don't think I hate Joffrey anymore. I'm sure he'll bring it back with a vengeance, but this chick Margeary figured out how to tame him. She found the only thing he cares about, his weapons he uses to compensate.

Brienne sonning the Kingslayer.
smokin.gif

What the hell are the flayed men? I feel like that's the 10th time someone mentioned them in the show.
nerd.gif

Everyone got taken in by someone new this episode. Brienne and Jamie with the flayed men, Theon with Simon, BROH with the Reeds, Arya with the Hound, Sansa with the Tyrells. The chess pieces keep moving quickly, and the worst part is...we're 2 episodes in and it still feels like the premiere isn't finished.
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Really good episode.

There wasn't any Stannis/Mel/Davos, no Iron Islands, no Dany and barely anything above the wall and it was still a stuffed hour.
sick.gif
What's a BROH?

Flayed Men are Roose Bolton's Men.

So who are the people that have Theon Greyjoy as a prisoner and torturing him?

Roose "The Leech Lord" Bolton's Bastard?

Yup. I don't think it's a spoiler or anything if you know who was cast but...

I believe the one who said he would help him is Ramsay Snow.

....pretty much. Poor Theon. All that is being shown right now with Theon is revealed to us in Book 3 but in Book 5. I advise you to google Theon's story

Sansa's Cleavage. 
pimp.gif

Ser Loras's Grandmother is such a character. 
roll.gif
The Queen of Thorns.

Wait til Dorne enters the picture... Seriously this cast is REAAAAAALY about to grow... I mean damn how will they take care of this?

Oh, I know Theon's story :lol: no poor Theon for me.

I think they'll be fine. They'll cut the fat from some POV's to get into their story.

Has it been confirmed yet if we're gonna see "THAT" this season, or are they gonna leave it til next year?

doubt it... THAT was on page 700, way past the half way point.
meaning next season |I
which by the way is NOT a bad thing... a WHOLE lot of other stuff happens. :evil:

Last edited:
doubt it... THAT was on page 700, way past the half way point.
meaning next season |I
which by the way is NOT a bad thing... a WHOLE lot of other stuff happens. :evil:
Oh I know. I expect the Dornish to appear next season... like episode 2.

Oh, I know Theon's story :lol: no poor Theon for me.

I think they'll be fine. They'll cut the fat from some POV's to get into their story.

LOL I forgot to add what I added to my tweets. Theon deserves whatever happens to him

Has it been confirmed yet if we're gonna see "THAT" this season, or are they gonna leave it til next year?

please read only if you read the books

it hasn't been confirmed, but i think it will happen. if you read the books, an episode title directly references it. one of the weddings at least :nerd:

Last edited:

please read only if you read the books

it hasn't been confirmed, but i think it will happen. if you read the books, an episode title directly references it. one of the weddings at least :nerd:

I mean that would make a great season ender THE RED WEDDING

Back
Top Bottom