OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best show on TV period..

I wish I could get my wife to watch it. I got her into breaking bad, the wire and walking dead, but she won't watch this. She'd rather watch teen mom :smh:

LOL at the tracking for Varys package :lol:

Anyone read the latest book?

Were you surprised that the "Ned Stark" that was executed was a "Faceless Man" and Ned was alive all along, conspiring with Lord Varys?

How did you feel about Ned and Cersei's intimate scene? Damn.

Dany's death. Damn. 
mean.gif

Just kidding. 
:rofl: The first one alone would've caused an uproar but the next two :lol: :rofl:

So the whole Theon thing wasn't a test to see where his loyalties reside, but a sadistic ploy to get more info out of him?

Time for a new wife. :lol: :nerd:

:lol:

So the whole Theon thing wasn't a test to see where his loyalties reside, but a sadistic ploy to get more info out of him?

I don't even think it was to get more info. I think it was just a sick and twisted form of torture lol. He was out and could have escaped, but walked right back into the torture chamber...

so it going to be explained in a future epi or that was that? Everyone has a different take on the whole Theon ending back up at the same chamber. Is it explained better in the books?

Last edited:
It should be better explained in the future eps. And it's not delved into that much in the books but Theon does tell stories of how he was allowed to escape but it was all a game to Ramsay. Same with killing his own men. Makes the challenge harder. I mean, I could be dead wrong :lol: but from how Ramsay is, I would be surprised if it's different.

Not a huge spoiler but here's a story about Ramsay from the books. Read at your own risk.

In the fifth book, Davos is told a story about how Ramsay putting Winterfell to the torch. They tell Davos about him tying up all the women and marching them to the Dreadfort. Then he releases them one at a time, gives them half a day head start and then goes after them with the hounds. If they turn out to be a terrible sport (he finds them too quickly or easily) he rapes them, flays them and then feeds them to the hounds. If they are good sports, he kills them first then does all that stuff. Crazy.

hey for the people who read the book or know spoilers. please don't pretend like you havent and say things that have happened and be like " I bet this is going to happen. "
the daneyerys thing was perdictable. but I've seen other s and I'm like that's dead on and for you to act like you are guessing.....
because usually the ones who have read the book confirm and spoilers and people still look.
ijs. spoiler free peopke

I think the Wildlings will climb the Wall and Ygritte will get herself killed.

Last edited:
Just caught the last ep. Awesome. Knew what was coming at the end and still loved. Is it weird that I found Dany extra sexy when she was yelling for the attack in Old Valyerean?

Line of the ep went to Mama Tyrell - "let's see what happens when the decrepit bumps the non-existent." LOL.

The Kraken of Greyjoy always looked ill to me. The Targaryen 3-headed dragon is my favorite. I'd want my sigil to be a big iron fist or a tentacle.

For the guys who have only been watching the show and don't know the spoilers, what do you think margaery is up to? It seems to me she ultimately wants to maximize her power by proxy through joffrey. Kinda like how in the Sopranos even though Tony's uncle was boss Tony was still the real head of the family with his uncle just being a figurehead. But even then, why? I feel like ive missed something.

I think its obvious that an assassination attempt on littlefinger (if it does occur in the near future) will fail. Only thing I could see is someone somehow sabotaging him leaving with sansa.

Last edited:
For the guys who have only been watching the show and don't know the spoilers, what do you think margaery is up to? It seems to me she ultimately wants to maximize her power by proxy through joffrey. Kinda like how in the Sopranos even though Tony's uncle was boss Tony was still the real head of the family with his uncle just being a figurehead. But even then, why? I feel like ive missed something.

I think its obvious that an assassination attempt on littlefinger (if it does occur in the near future) will fail. Only thing I could see is someone somehow sabotaging him leaving with sansa.

I haven't read past the 2nd book, which ended off last season.

The way it feels is that once Renly was killed and she realized there'd be nothing for her with Stannis in charge, she jumped at getting in bed with the Lannisters. Power hungry. And smart enough to not put all her eggs in one basket. I mean Renly was ready to take the throne from Cersei, and on a dime she and granny are having lunch in the garden with chick now.

I think they got very far blowing smoke up people's ***** for power. But like Cersei said last season...power is power. You can't finesse and caress it and hide behind polite rules. You gotta take it. They think they're playing with house money and as long as they follow their own rules, they're good. But Ned thought that too. They're not naive and noble like him, but they want the same thing as he does. The throne in better hands.

Over Tywin and Cersei's dead bodies. :smh:

Last edited:
This season is doing a good job of adapting what has been in the book (albeit with much more paraphrasing compared to season 1, which was full of direct quotes). The writers also have done a good job of filling in the blanks created by having only certain characters' POV's make up the story.

About "simon"...

I am not as big a fan of the casting for Ramsey Bolton as I was for Roose Bolton. The actor, who plays Roose Bolton, looks exactly as I picture him in the books, which is to say, looking like Vladimir Putin. Ramsey Snow/Bolton is supposed to look like Nathan Explosion from Metalacolypse combined with the "me gusta" face. In ADwD, I was picturing the Dreadfort looking the head quarters of Dethklok, complete with skeleton hands as torch holders and hoards of hooded guards ready to do some new torture that "would be so metal."

I haven't read past the 2nd book, which ended off last season.

The way it feels is that once Renly was killed and she realized there'd be nothing for her with Stannis in charge, she jumped at getting in bed with the Lannisters. Power hungry. And smart enough to not put all her eggs in one basket. I mean Renly was ready to take the throne from Cersei, and on a dime she and granny are having lunch in the garden with chick now.

I think they got very far blowing smoke up people's ***** for power. But like Cersei said last season...power is power. You can't finesse and caress it and hide behind polite rules. You gotta take it. They think they're playing with house money and as long as they follow their own rules, they're good. But Ned thought that too. They're not naive and noble like him, but they want the same thing as he does. The throne in better hands.

Over Tywin and Cersei's dead bodies. :smh:

Great points, I agree.

Ive been tempted to rewatch the whole thing from starting from season 1 im sure there are a lot of little things that ive missed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom