Official: GTA VI Thread: Trailer 1 Out Now: PS5 Series X & Series Confirmed: Tentative Release Window Fall 2025

Will you buy GTA V For PS4 OR XBOX ONE

• Yes: I waited out and skipped GTA V For PS3 & XBOX 360

Votes: 24 16.3%
  • Yes: I love the game and will be gladly double dip on the game

Votes: 105 71.4%
  • No: I'm waiting for the PC version of the game to come out

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • No: I hated GTA Online and will never trust R* again

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • No: GTA games aren't my type of games and I'll stick to other games like COD: AW, Assassins Creed Un

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters
Still, it's crazy how they made it all back based on preorders alone. There's people in this thread who haven't even preordered but are still going to pick it up
R* bout to make a lot of loot

thats kinda misleading, most of that went to the marketing.

I doubt it. They didn't even start a costly marketing push until month or so ago where as they've been working on the game itself everyday for the last 5 years. I'm sure all those huge adds were a lot of $ but lets not speak like that's a fact.

Last edited:
prolly not gonna cop til like 2 weeks after, gonna have to stay off the internet iono how i'ma do it

Still, it's crazy how they made it all back based on preorders alone. There's people in this thread who haven't even preordered but are still going to pick it up

Yeah I have no doubt GTA V is going to break the day 1 sales record which is held currently by COD Black Ops II which sold 7.5 million copies on day 1.

GTA V probably is going to sell 9 to 10 million on day 1 with the US & worldwide sales combined.

Last edited:

Yeah I have no doubt GTA V is going to break the day 1 sales record which is held currently by COD Black Ops II which sold 7.5 million copies on day 1.

GTA V probably is going to sell 9 to 10 million on day 1 with the US & worldwide sales combined.

Really... I thought the record was set and still held by COD: MW2

Really... I thought the record was set and still held by COD: MW2

BO2 was $100 mil more.

found out I have 4 assignments due next week :x. All i want to do is play some GTA next week

I am a pretty big fan of GTA, though I haven't played every game in the series.

The hype for V seems high. I remember the hype for GTA IV, especially on here.

I also remember how quickly it died down and how (seemingly) no one cared for it 6 months down the line.

With that said I ask, does anyone think this game will live up to the hype? Hence, will people still be playing this 6-12 months down the line?

For the record, I am going to purchase the game, it just won't be for a while.

GTA IV still ranks in the top 10-15 in Xbox Live activity(#5 as recently as July). Yes, people will be playing GTA V in 6-12 months.

GTA IV is a very popular game. despite the complaints of a very vocal minority.

Last edited:

I also remember how quickly it died down and how (seemingly) no one cared for it 6 months down the line.

With that said I ask, does anyone think this game will live up to the hype? Hence, will people still be playing this 6-12 months down the line?

Rent it from Redbox since you are on the fence.

Link:

http://www.redbox.com/games/grand-theft-auto-v-ps3

Last edited:

Like someone pointed out GTA 4 didnt have the content to make that game have staying power...
Being that R* has had damn near six years(okay 5 to be extact) and to have so many in game activities for single player which will translate over to online, also this being the last big game for current consoles( plus not many people have the currency or patience to see RROD of Melting PS3 from launch) this game should be played for along time until price drops for next gen consoles come about..

Last edited:
GTA IV still ranks in the top 10-15 in Xbox Live activity(#5 as recently as July). Yes, people will be playing GTA V in 6-12 months.

GTA IV is a very popular game. despite the complaints of a very vocal minority.
If GTA IV was overhyped on here, the ensuing slander was even more overstated. 

i liked gta 4 when it came out but it just wasnt fun after i beat it,

san andreas was mad fun even after i beat it, i know for sure rockstar outdid themselves and it will keep me happy for a minute.

RDR is still fun even after 100% completion, max payne not so much.

i liked gta 4 when it came out but it just wasnt fun after i beat it,

san andreas was mad fun even after i beat it, i know for sure rockstar outdid themselves and it will keep me happy for a minute.

RDR is still fun even after 100% completion, max payne not so much.

Those 2 games are 2 completely different game genres.

RDR is a open world sand box game and Max Payne 3 is a linear 3rd person shooter.

Didn't know that IV was still getting that much play time.

Some good points have been made. I think V will deliver, especially when taking into account the online portion almost being its own game.

After reading through some of these articles and watching the trailers, I'm looking forward to visiting Los Santos even more.

RDR's story mode is boring as hell. God. I tried to start a replay tonight. Holy crap the intro of that game sucks balls. Having to do busywork on that ranch. Insanely boring. Even after that the missions aren't much more than follow some person on horse while a useless dialogue occurs, then shoot down wave after wave of bad guys.

RDR's story mode is boring as hell. God. I tried to start a replay tonight. Holy crap the intro of that game sucks balls. Having to do busywork on that ranch. Insanely boring. Even after that the missions aren't much more than follow some person on horse while a useless dialogue occurs, then shoot down wave after wave of bad guys.
i have the goty edition so undead nightmare makes it fun, also playing that part online is fun.

i dunno man i like sniping people from the bar then hopping on the train and just killing people cracking safes and using the cheats for unlimited ammo. 
ohwell.gif

Those 2 games are 2 completely different game genres.

RDR is a open world sand box game and Max Payne 3 is a linear 3rd person shooter.
no? really? thanks man, i was wondering why i couldn't get a horse in max payne.

i am playing those 2 games because basically GTA 5 will feature mp3 shooting mechanics and the world in RDR just to get use to traveling long distances and 2 peep the visuals.

RDR was :pimp:

cougars doe :x

when you play with a headset and them thangs jump on you :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom