Official Headphones Thread. Vol. Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones The Best?

Originally Posted by kien

Yo MMN!

I just pulled the trigger. Fantastic looks on the Denons with the Comply tips, these things are AMAZING for the relatively cheap price. After a few hours of letting them work in, the sound quality is superb and the comply tips way surpassed my expectations for noise isolation.

Thanks a lot my dude!
pimp.gif

how long do the denons need to be worked in? i do notice a different in the sound, but i want to make sure it's not just in my head.

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

how long do the denons need to be worked in? i do notice a different in the sound, but i want to make sure it's not just in my head.

there was a noticeable difference with bass after 5 hours, granted i JUST got them, so I'm sure after 50+ hours they'll be well worked in

do you have the comply tips as well? they'd make a difference as well in terms of sound isolation, sound quality and bass response due to the unique seal it provides

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

there was a noticeable difference with bass after 5 hours, granted i JUST got them, so I'm sure after 50+ hours they'll be well worked in

do you have the comply tips as well? they'd make a difference as well in terms of sound isolation, sound quality and bass response due to the unique seal it provides

ah okay. i haven't really kept track of the hours i've been putting into them but 50 hours sounds about right. one day they just sounded... different. better clarity and all around better performance. wasn't sure if it was cause i hadn't used them in a week.

yeah i got the comply tips as well. they're legit, super soft and can be kept in my ears for a loooong time. these are my primary listening devices until i get some HD-650's. then im gonna use these with my laptop
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Yo MMN!

I just pulled the trigger. Fantastic looks on the Denons with the Comply tips, these things are AMAZING for the relatively cheap price. After a few hours of letting them work in, the sound quality is superb and the comply tips way surpassed my expectations for noise isolation.

Thanks a lot my dude!
pimp.gif
Just ordered mine like 2 days ago... I read and asked for advice awhile back but didn't get around to ordering.

Will post tomorrow or Monday when I get em'.
laugh.gif

I honestly think some of you cats are just ruthless with your stuff. My problems with the beats have been my fault. One time somebody sat on them (accident) and the other time I was at the gym and forgot I had them plugged into the tv on the treadmill and they yanked out when I forgot to pull them out myself. I put mine back in the case after I use them though so maybe that's why I haven't had the problems some are talking about. Now the sound that's personal prefrence but they are good for me. I don't need the bigger ones since I ride pt most of the time when I'm using them. When traveling and at home(sometimes) cool but I outside of that I'm cool with the tours.

I recently picked up the TOURS the in ears and LOVE them....huge difference from the crap I used to have.  I am very happy with these.  Plus I have to admit they LOOK great...just based on the floss/bling factor...those red cables and the B in your ear...I like it

I recently picked up the TOURS the in ears and LOVE them....huge difference from the crap I used to have.  I am very happy with these.  Plus I have to admit they LOOK great...just based on the floss/bling factor...those red cables and the B in your ear...I like it

I've had my Studios for 9 months now, I have to say, they're good. Except a few months ago, somehow the mute button got messed up and I had to hold the mute button without pressing it down to get sound. I thought my headphones were messed up, but I ended up just pushing down hard on the mute button and it now works fine again.

I don't think they're worth the price tag, but they're worth it if you like bass. I never wear them to the gym or going out, I just wear them at home when I'm on my computer nowadays.

Is Amazon a good site to buy some Solos from? I see them at good prices from actual companies (One Call, Big VALUE Inc), but I'm not too sure.

I want the Solo's but $180 for headphones...
eek.gif
that is almost as much as the Itouch itself. When these finally get down to around $100-$120 definitely will purchase. But for now, I'm gonna have to pass on them. That mute button is quite clever though.

I want the Solo's but $180 for headphones...
eek.gif
that is almost as much as the Itouch itself. When these finally get down to around $100-$120 definitely will purchase. But for now, I'm gonna have to pass on them. That mute button is quite clever though.

I had a pair of Tours for about a month before one of the headphones stopped working.
Really made me upset because by that time I lost the receipt and could no longer claim warranty on them.
For a fair price though I wouldn't mind buying another pair.

Found this thread after I posted in the other one. This is more about beats so I'll post in here.

Anyone try the ibeats? I'm looking for some in ear headphones for my ipod when I go to the gym or walking around, and I think i'm going with the tours. But now I see they just released some ibeats.

I hated the diddy beats. They would not stay in my ear while I was running on the treadmill.

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

I hated the diddy beats. They would not stay in my ear while I was running on the treadmill.
i had the exact same problem with the tours.. except they would fall out even when i would just be walking, i ended up giving them away, but the sound on them was 
pimp.gif

the powerbeats would perfect for running. i wonder they will sound better since they are dual driver.

Back
Top Bottom