Official Heat vs Celtics Thread. The Wagon Lives On. Choo Choo!

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

KNICKS soften up BOS for the HEAT.
pimp.gif

how so ?

i think your take on competition in slightly flawed

so if we are playing pick up games in a random park and 5 of the best players in the city choose to be on the best team and run through a bunch of scrub teams that means they were all about competition?

i think your take on competition in slightly flawed

so if we are playing pick up games in a random park and 5 of the best players in the city choose to be on the best team and run through a bunch of scrub teams that means they were all about competition?

I think your take on competition in slightly flawed

I think your take on competition in slightly flawed

Originally Posted by c0dyboy2222

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Then people bring up Magic and Michael... "would they ever join another superstar's team?" Except Magic played with Kareem and James Worthy
roll.gif
Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen... Kobe Bryant had a prime Shaq then Gasol... LBJ had Mo Williams and an ancient Jamison.

I just don't get it... 
No. You don't. Those weren't manufactured teams. This one is. It takes the spirit of competition and integrity and throws it out the window.

roll.gif
clown

EVERY team in the NBA would do the same thing as the Heat if they could. How is what they did any different from ALL past/present good teams loading up on superstars/great players? Lakers: Kobe, Gasol, Odom. Celtics: Pierce, Allen, Garnett, Rondo. Spurs: Duncan, Parker, Ginobili. The Heat followed the SAME blueprint as these teams. Hell even my @#$@$ Warriors had Run TMC (until Nelson broke them up 
indifferent.gif
) I don't even like Lebron btw but come on NO ONE will win with a one man team.

Originally Posted by c0dyboy2222

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Then people bring up Magic and Michael... "would they ever join another superstar's team?" Except Magic played with Kareem and James Worthy
roll.gif
Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen... Kobe Bryant had a prime Shaq then Gasol... LBJ had Mo Williams and an ancient Jamison.

I just don't get it... 
No. You don't. Those weren't manufactured teams. This one is. It takes the spirit of competition and integrity and throws it out the window.

roll.gif
clown

EVERY team in the NBA would do the same thing as the Heat if they could. How is what they did any different from ALL past/present good teams loading up on superstars/great players? Lakers: Kobe, Gasol, Odom. Celtics: Pierce, Allen, Garnett, Rondo. Spurs: Duncan, Parker, Ginobili. The Heat followed the SAME blueprint as these teams. Hell even my @#$@$ Warriors had Run TMC (until Nelson broke them up 
indifferent.gif
) I don't even like Lebron btw but come on NO ONE will win with a one man team.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Durden7

Its the sum of all his actions though.

It was HOW he went to Miami.

Its the fact that hes a self proclaimed "chosen one" with the nickname "king james".  None of those other athletes had the ego Lebron does.

Thats where I think the problem lies.  It's not that hes playing with other great talents, its that he had to take a step back to do it and his ego is still on the top rung.
He proclaimed himself the Chosen one?
lebron-james.0202.jpg

The kid has been proclaimed great since he was 16, I think his ego is actually pretty damn impressive consdering the world was slobbering him since he was in high school.  And #%*% outta here, every pro athlete has a huge ego.  No one ever talked about the ego until the decision, everyone liked the guy and he !@%+# up once and now everyone pretends that he is something that he wasn't.

Also love how no one has mentioned that the first thing he does when they interview him pregame is give head to the Celtics and talk about how great they are.  Yea, cause that is what people with huge ego's do
eyes.gif
yes he did
lebron-james-tattoo-001-back-chosen-one-small.jpg
He got that tattoo long after the nickname had been thrown around.  And the King James nickname came from Nike.

This guy can't win, people will vilify him for doing $#!% he didn't even do.  People are angry at his nicknames yet Shaq is celebrated for coming up with a new nickname for himself every damn year.  Kobe invented Black Mamba, no one called him that lame !!$ nickname before his swagless self invented it.

Aside from the Decision, the guy has done nothing wrong yet the whole world roots against him.  I'll never understand the double standard we hold athletes too, expecting them to be standards for some ambious morality that we ourselves don't even come close to reaching.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Durden7

Its the sum of all his actions though.

It was HOW he went to Miami.

Its the fact that hes a self proclaimed "chosen one" with the nickname "king james".  None of those other athletes had the ego Lebron does.

Thats where I think the problem lies.  It's not that hes playing with other great talents, its that he had to take a step back to do it and his ego is still on the top rung.
He proclaimed himself the Chosen one?
lebron-james.0202.jpg

The kid has been proclaimed great since he was 16, I think his ego is actually pretty damn impressive consdering the world was slobbering him since he was in high school.  And #%*% outta here, every pro athlete has a huge ego.  No one ever talked about the ego until the decision, everyone liked the guy and he !@%+# up once and now everyone pretends that he is something that he wasn't.

Also love how no one has mentioned that the first thing he does when they interview him pregame is give head to the Celtics and talk about how great they are.  Yea, cause that is what people with huge ego's do
eyes.gif
yes he did
lebron-james-tattoo-001-back-chosen-one-small.jpg
He got that tattoo long after the nickname had been thrown around.  And the King James nickname came from Nike.

This guy can't win, people will vilify him for doing $#!% he didn't even do.  People are angry at his nicknames yet Shaq is celebrated for coming up with a new nickname for himself every damn year.  Kobe invented Black Mamba, no one called him that lame !!$ nickname before his swagless self invented it.

Aside from the Decision, the guy has done nothing wrong yet the whole world roots against him.  I'll never understand the double standard we hold athletes too, expecting them to be standards for some ambious morality that we ourselves don't even come close to reaching.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

LOVE IT!!!

All these salty !*@ Lebron haters.  KNEW they'd spew some nonsense.  Then BRON hits clutch shots in both games and these little kobe fans like knightingale try to downplay it
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

LOVE IT!!!

All these salty !*@ Lebron haters.  KNEW they'd spew some nonsense.  Then BRON hits clutch shots in both games and these little kobe fans like knightingale try to downplay it
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif

that's for sure... if that series wasn't so easy, we might have been more in game shape for this one......

pimp.gif

that's for sure... if that series wasn't so easy, we might have been more in game shape for this one......

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

I never see so many new Heat fans. Where are all these dudes last year, year before that or the year Shaq and Dwade get swept in the first round by Chicago in 07 after winning the chip in 06 ?

Why don't you go root for losing teams instead of the Lakers? Grow some cajones and be a man. Root for teams like the Lakers/Yankees etc. is easy
laugh.gif
Grow some balls and be a man ? wth you're talking about dude ?
laugh.gif
Since when is rooting consist of cajones and being man etc? Dude you're talking out of your butt
laugh.gif
. You either fan of a team or you're not.  I grew up in Southern Cal and been watching the Lakers since 96. You're telling me i should become a Clippers fans because Lakers been so successful in the past decade ? Were you a Heat fan before Lebron decision ? I never see you in the Heat thread btw. These new Heat fans are amazing
laugh.gif

Ah, somyou whine about "bandwagon fans" and fans that only root for teams when they win yet you root for a team that missed the playoffs once since 96. Cool.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

I never see so many new Heat fans. Where are all these dudes last year, year before that or the year Shaq and Dwade get swept in the first round by Chicago in 07 after winning the chip in 06 ?

Why don't you go root for losing teams instead of the Lakers? Grow some cajones and be a man. Root for teams like the Lakers/Yankees etc. is easy
laugh.gif
Grow some balls and be a man ? wth you're talking about dude ?
laugh.gif
Since when is rooting consist of cajones and being man etc? Dude you're talking out of your butt
laugh.gif
. You either fan of a team or you're not.  I grew up in Southern Cal and been watching the Lakers since 96. You're telling me i should become a Clippers fans because Lakers been so successful in the past decade ? Were you a Heat fan before Lebron decision ? I never see you in the Heat thread btw. These new Heat fans are amazing
laugh.gif

Ah, somyou whine about "bandwagon fans" and fans that only root for teams when they win yet you root for a team that missed the playoffs once since 96. Cool.

Back
Top Bottom