Official Heat vs Celtics Thread. The Wagon Lives On. Choo Choo!

ugg boots AND SHORTS!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

DC it's just my opinion. he was sick of everyone in the media saying he doesn't have a ring. went to the place with the easiest path to get one. just my opinion. i don't know what's in his head or heart

he wouldn't be ridiculed if he want to chicago or new york, but it wouldn't have been instant gratification. probably would have taken a year or two on either squad

So you don't know what is in his head/heart because he went to a team that he felt gave him the best chance of winning instantly? Logically, why should he want to go somewhere that will take him 2 years if he can go somewhere that he knows he has a chance to win instantly? 
it's very simple. legacy
he had a legitimate shot at being known as the best ever.

Obviously that doesn't matter to him, so why are you still judging him off of the idea that he cares about that? That is where the issue is. You are getting on him for not wanting to be the best of all time but he just wants to win. Why look down on him for that?

DC it's just my opinion. he was sick of everyone in the media saying he doesn't have a ring. went to the place with the easiest path to get one. just my opinion. i don't know what's in his head or heart

he wouldn't be ridiculed if he want to chicago or new york, but it wouldn't have been instant gratification. probably would have taken a year or two on either squad

So you don't know what is in his head/heart because he went to a team that he felt gave him the best chance of winning instantly? Logically, why should he want to go somewhere that will take him 2 years if he can go somewhere that he knows he has a chance to win instantly? 
it's very simple. legacy

Obviously that doesn't matter to him, so why are you still judging him off of the idea that he cares about that? That is where the issue is. You are getting on him for not wanting to be the best of all time but he just wants to win. Why look down on him for that?

Dude always wears ugs courtside.

And Lebron didn't have the Chosen 1 tat when he was in HS (when he got the nickname) so #fail

Dude always wears ugs courtside.

And Lebron didn't have the Chosen 1 tat when he was in HS (when he got the nickname) so #fail

I think your take on competition in slightly flawed

so if we are playing pick up games in a random park and 5 of the best players in the city choose to be on the best team and run through a bunch of scrub teams that means they were all about competition?

Except the Heat aren't playing scrub teams you *$%#%*+. Except maybe your team.

I think your take on competition in slightly flawed

so if we are playing pick up games in a random park and 5 of the best players in the city choose to be on the best team and run through a bunch of scrub teams that means they were all about competition?

Except the Heat aren't playing scrub teams you *$%#%*+. Except maybe your team.

Originally Posted by bdis1986

laugh.gif

Dude stay court side with them damn boots on .. nothing new

the fact that that's not new is a even bigger problem dudes feet got to smell like burning trash
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bdis1986

laugh.gif

Dude stay court side with them damn boots on .. nothing new

the fact that that's not new is a even bigger problem dudes feet got to smell like burning trash
laugh.gif

it's very simple. legacy

because he calls himself a king and chosen one. of course he cares about that.
laugh.gif

but we going in circles, so lets just agree to disagree

it's very simple. legacy

because he calls himself a king and chosen one. of course he cares about that.
laugh.gif

but we going in circles, so lets just agree to disagree

This was a great win for bron and wade today.

I see a lot of people hating and still throwing dirt at lebron for going to the heat. IF jordan didnt get pippen and phil he wouldve left or he woulda been in same situation bron was in when he played for cleveland..

shaq led kobe to 3 rings and got 3 finals mvps, shaq left and kobe wanted to leave to because he couldnt do it on his own so they got him gasol who helped taked them to 3 straight finals..

Stop bashing lebron for getting help.

And how predictable, only on NT do you see every year the laker/kobe stans or lebron haters saying the nba is rigged, hand lebron his ring already and all these bogus excuses when he wins a few playoff games??

If it was so rigged he would have rings already, think about it.

Celtics hurt theirselves by lack of communication and that horrible trade to get rid of perkins.

Sucks for arroyo that hes on the wrong team now and sucks that troy murphy picked boston over miami. Heat coulda used him a lot more..

People that think the bulls will beat the heat because of their regular season wins.... celts beat heat 3-1 in reg season and lost in 5, magic beat lakers both games in 09 and lost finals 4-1, cavs beat spurs 2-0 and lost finals in a sweep. reg season means nothing..

Bron beat rose 4-1 in playoffs last year with the crappy cavs team. Bron's team is 10x better now.

Heat in 5.

But the mavs should scare them. Heat have not won 1 game vs mavs since the finals I believe.

This was a great win for bron and wade today.

I see a lot of people hating and still throwing dirt at lebron for going to the heat. IF jordan didnt get pippen and phil he wouldve left or he woulda been in same situation bron was in when he played for cleveland..

shaq led kobe to 3 rings and got 3 finals mvps, shaq left and kobe wanted to leave to because he couldnt do it on his own so they got him gasol who helped taked them to 3 straight finals..

Stop bashing lebron for getting help.

And how predictable, only on NT do you see every year the laker/kobe stans or lebron haters saying the nba is rigged, hand lebron his ring already and all these bogus excuses when he wins a few playoff games??

If it was so rigged he would have rings already, think about it.

Celtics hurt theirselves by lack of communication and that horrible trade to get rid of perkins.

Sucks for arroyo that hes on the wrong team now and sucks that troy murphy picked boston over miami. Heat coulda used him a lot more..

People that think the bulls will beat the heat because of their regular season wins.... celts beat heat 3-1 in reg season and lost in 5, magic beat lakers both games in 09 and lost finals 4-1, cavs beat spurs 2-0 and lost finals in a sweep. reg season means nothing..

Bron beat rose 4-1 in playoffs last year with the crappy cavs team. Bron's team is 10x better now.

Heat in 5.

But the mavs should scare them. Heat have not won 1 game vs mavs since the finals I believe.

Originally Posted by bilbo07

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Then people bring up Magic and Michael... "would they ever join another superstar's team?" Except Magic played with Kareem and James Worthy
roll.gif
Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen... Kobe Bryant had a prime Shaq then Gasol... LBJ had Mo Williams and an ancient Jamison.

I just don't get it... 
No. You don't. Those weren't manufactured teams. This one is. It takes the spirit of competition and integrity and throws it out the window.
but boston was built on trades and free agents? nobody hates them.
Plenty of people dislike the Celtics for that reason, including me. I don't hate the Heat either, and as long as this doesn't become a trend I don't care much. They're entertaining as the "villain." But I don't know how someone could argue that manufacturing a team between players like that doesn't go against the traditional and historical aesthetic of building and developing an NBA team. If the Heat win the championship, so be it. They earned it. Fair or not, though, I doubt they'll be seen in the same light as previous winners.

i think your take on competition in slightly flawed

Terrible analogy because we are speaking about the NBA. Which is a collaboration of the best basketball players in the world.

Either way, he is going to need "help" to win a ring. If it wasn't Wade, it would have been Rose. If it wasn't Rose it would have been Amare or whoever else would have been in NYC with him. Why are we getting on him for acknowledging and admitting that he would need a LOT of help to beat the Lakers/Celtics?

You fail to realize LeBron is alredy in his 8th year. He really doesn't have time to waste for the sake of making his legacy look better. That really doesn't make sense to me at all.

Go to NYC or CHI because it will take 2 years to win as opposed to going to MIA where he is instantly a contender? Mind boggling.

You play to win the game NOW. You don't play to win the game down the road.

Winning is already rare, so he should go somewhere that isn't instant gratification? WHY? Oh yea for legacy. Weak argument man. Sorry. 

Originally Posted by bilbo07

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Then people bring up Magic and Michael... "would they ever join another superstar's team?" Except Magic played with Kareem and James Worthy
roll.gif
Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen... Kobe Bryant had a prime Shaq then Gasol... LBJ had Mo Williams and an ancient Jamison.

I just don't get it... 
No. You don't. Those weren't manufactured teams. This one is. It takes the spirit of competition and integrity and throws it out the window.
but boston was built on trades and free agents? nobody hates them.
Plenty of people dislike the Celtics for that reason, including me. I don't hate the Heat either, and as long as this doesn't become a trend I don't care much. They're entertaining as the "villain." But I don't know how someone could argue that manufacturing a team between players like that doesn't go against the traditional and historical aesthetic of building and developing an NBA team. If the Heat win the championship, so be it. They earned it. Fair or not, though, I doubt they'll be seen in the same light as previous winners.

i think your take on competition in slightly flawed

Terrible analogy because we are speaking about the NBA. Which is a collaboration of the best basketball players in the world.

Either way, he is going to need "help" to win a ring. If it wasn't Wade, it would have been Rose. If it wasn't Rose it would have been Amare or whoever else would have been in NYC with him. Why are we getting on him for acknowledging and admitting that he would need a LOT of help to beat the Lakers/Celtics?

You fail to realize LeBron is alredy in his 8th year. He really doesn't have time to waste for the sake of making his legacy look better. That really doesn't make sense to me at all.

Go to NYC or CHI because it will take 2 years to win as opposed to going to MIA where he is instantly a contender? Mind boggling.

You play to win the game NOW. You don't play to win the game down the road.

Winning is already rare, so he should go somewhere that isn't instant gratification? WHY? Oh yea for legacy. Weak argument man. Sorry. 

Originally Posted by knightngale

But the funny thing in all of that is Kobe still needed another top player to win it all again. So he never won it "by himself." Maybe without Shaq, but never by himself.

At the end of the day NOBODY does it alone. I can't understand why this is such a hard concept to grasp.
Gasol is so inferior to a prime shaq and prime Wade that it is not even funny. is that such a hard concept to grasp? You should seriously become a heat fan.
You completely missed my point.

Why are you trying to label be as a fan of a team. I don't have any alliance to any team in any sport.

The point is, Kobe never won a ring by himself. Pau Gasol is a top post player in the NBA. Yes he isn't Shaq, obviously, but Kobe still needed "help" to win it all. That is the main point.
So you are saying lebron had no help with the cavs? The cavs were the best team in 2009 and 2010. 2009 was a fluke loss cause Orlando was pulling 3s out of their +#% but still I remeber Pietrus of all people shutting him down during
some key possessions. They were the best team again last year until lebron quit.

Originally Posted by knightngale

But the funny thing in all of that is Kobe still needed another top player to win it all again. So he never won it "by himself." Maybe without Shaq, but never by himself.

At the end of the day NOBODY does it alone. I can't understand why this is such a hard concept to grasp.
Gasol is so inferior to a prime shaq and prime Wade that it is not even funny. is that such a hard concept to grasp? You should seriously become a heat fan.
You completely missed my point.

Why are you trying to label be as a fan of a team. I don't have any alliance to any team in any sport.

The point is, Kobe never won a ring by himself. Pau Gasol is a top post player in the NBA. Yes he isn't Shaq, obviously, but Kobe still needed "help" to win it all. That is the main point.
So you are saying lebron had no help with the cavs? The cavs were the best team in 2009 and 2010. 2009 was a fluke loss cause Orlando was pulling 3s out of their +#% but still I remeber Pietrus of all people shutting him down during
some key possessions. They were the best team again last year until lebron quit.

Good to see Serena Williams at the game and doing well. A pulmonary embolism is not joke.

Good to see Serena Williams at the game and doing well. A pulmonary embolism is not joke.

Back
Top Bottom