Official Heat vs Celtics Thread. The Wagon Lives On. Choo Choo!

Originally Posted by DubA169

i think your take on competition in slightly flawed

so if we are playing pick up games in a random park and 5 of the best players in the city choose to be on the best team and run through a bunch of scrub teams that means they were all about competition?
So that means Boston is a scrub team.
You're take on competition is flawed. 

Also, you're definitely not one of those best 5 
tongue.gif

so if we are playing pick up games in a random park and 5 of the best players in the city choose to be on the best team and run through a bunch of scrub teams that means they were all about competition?

tongue.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Gasol is so inferior to a prime shaq and prime Wade that it is not even funny. is that such a hard concept to grasp? You should seriously become a heat fan.
You completely missed my point.

Why are you trying to label be as a fan of a team. I don't have any alliance to any team in any sport.

The point is, Kobe never won a ring by himself. Pau Gasol is a top post player in the NBA. Yes he isn't Shaq, obviously, but Kobe still needed "help" to win it all. That is the main point.
So you are saying lebron had no help with the cavs? The cavs were the best team in 2009 and 2010. 2009 was a fluke loss cause Orlando was pulling 3s out of their +#% but still I remeber Pietrus of all people shutting him down during
some key possessions. They were the best team again last year until lebron quit.

And LA was the 2nd seed in the west (1st since the Spurs got knocked out in the first round) and were the favorites to WIN IT ALL until Kobe quit in the Mavs series
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Gasol is so inferior to a prime shaq and prime Wade that it is not even funny. is that such a hard concept to grasp? You should seriously become a heat fan.
You completely missed my point.

Why are you trying to label be as a fan of a team. I don't have any alliance to any team in any sport.

The point is, Kobe never won a ring by himself. Pau Gasol is a top post player in the NBA. Yes he isn't Shaq, obviously, but Kobe still needed "help" to win it all. That is the main point.
So you are saying lebron had no help with the cavs? The cavs were the best team in 2009 and 2010. 2009 was a fluke loss cause Orlando was pulling 3s out of their +#% but still I remeber Pietrus of all people shutting him down during
some key possessions. They were the best team again last year until lebron quit.

And LA was the 2nd seed in the west (1st since the Spurs got knocked out in the first round) and were the favorites to WIN IT ALL until Kobe quit in the Mavs series
smile.gif

WOW.

What happened at the end of that game was surreal.

Im still letting it soak over me, Lebron/heat unbelievers are scrambling

for new arguments i see. I have nothing to say,

we were all witnesses.

WOW.

we were all witnesses.

lookin like a mavs heat rematch..... but i think it's the mavs year...... they're the hungriest team.

lookin like a mavs heat rematch..... but i think it's the mavs year...... they're the hungriest team.

Originally Posted by miamib30514

WOW.

we were all witnesses.
WITNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.................................
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

WOW.

we were all witnesses.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Cavs were not a championship team. Take it how you want to take it. They didn't get it done for whatever reason. And it is not LeBron's fault. Regular season doesn't matter. Stop giving me that "Best Team in 200_" talk. Fluke loss is a loss either way you look at it.

They never won a ring so they were never the best team.

The Cavs were not a championship team. Take it how you want to take it. They didn't get it done for whatever reason. And it is not LeBron's fault. Regular season doesn't matter. Stop giving me that "Best Team in 200_" talk. Fluke loss is a loss either way you look at it.

They never won a ring so they were never the best team.

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

tongue.gif
i was taking it to the extreme because dc was saying competition is all about wanting to win as soon as possible and as easy as possible.

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

tongue.gif
i was taking it to the extreme because dc was saying competition is all about wanting to win as soon as possible and as easy as possible.

Great team defense + supremely talented player (Lebron) will beat most teams during the regular season, he is that good. But when Lebron struggles or if there's no one else offensively who can step up, then you're not going to win in the playoffs. Who was Lebron's best teammate? Mo "All-Star" Williams? Antawn Jamison at 33? Delonte West? Compare that to the 2nd best players on the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Spurs, etc.
I think Nolan brought up the comparison of the Cavs to this year's Bulls. Superior team defense and the MVP will cruise through the regular season, but face challenges come playoffs.

Originally Posted by EMM23

WOW.

we were all witnesses.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Great team defense + supremely talented player (Lebron) will beat most teams during the regular season, he is that good. But when Lebron struggles or if there's no one else offensively who can step up, then you're not going to win in the playoffs. Who was Lebron's best teammate? Mo "All-Star" Williams? Antawn Jamison at 33? Delonte West? Compare that to the 2nd best players on the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Spurs, etc.
I think Nolan brought up the comparison of the Cavs to this year's Bulls. Superior team defense and the MVP will cruise through the regular season, but face challenges come playoffs.

Originally Posted by EMM23

WOW.

we were all witnesses.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

In the NBA, where winning is few and far between and NOT guaranteed, winning ASAP is what should be aimed for. I sitll don't understand the logic of going to a team where it will take 2+ years to be a serious contender when you can go to an instant contender. Makes no sense to me at all.

So yes that is the point of competiting. TO win right now. Especially when you have already failed 7 times.

Back
Top Bottom