OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

This is a real possibility in the East:

FLORIDA (3) vs. OTTAWA (8 )
PHILADELPHIA (5) vs. WASHINGTON (7)

NHL playoffs, everybody!

Would love to see Pitt win one more just to make it interesting. I think the goaltending finally tightens up tonight

Originally Posted by theHBkid

Originally Posted by cquan05

laugh.gif
 trying to give the boys a good insight thats all! theres alot of bs that comes with hockey off the ice...! leaving for NYC tomorrow after my exam for the game! anyone going?

I've always wondered HB........did you play the game growing up or grow up with the player's that you mention in the thread? Or do you know these guys from them going to your bar?

I'm always cautious when I speak of the guys I know that are in the League......I've had a few tell me specifically to try and not use their names in certain situations. Not that I would ever use their name and put their off-ice business out to the public.

Not trying to get at you in any way either HB, just curious that's all. Are you affiliated with any of Abbis Mahmoud's bars by any chance?
I know them through the organizations and it helps were roughly around the same age. Mostly through guys I know who plays/played with the club and my buddy is also the son of the higher up gm assistant and head scouts. They don't care because no ones spilling anything secretive just shooting the !!!%. 

I know him very well and i think hes an idiot. he doesnt have the best reputation in town to be honest. His bars are fine but they all have a negative reputation in one way or another. a very snakey person.

That was the answer I expected
laugh.gif
My best friend was the manager of 1 of his spots here in Toronto so I was around the guy fairly often, very shady guy. If I'm ever in Ottawa best believe I'm hitting you up for some beverages
pimp.gif

i don't know why the flyers can't play like they did the last 10min the whole game. credit to the pens for taking the red line and middle of the ice away from the flyers. 
as for fleury, he played good nothing
eek.gif
. he made a lot saves he's supposed to make. imo

flyers defense....
sick.gif
 can't say this enough but matt "weak wrists" carla is doo doo.

I've always wondered HB........did you play the game growing up or grow up with the player's that you mention in the thread? Or do you know these guys from them going to your bar?

I'm always cautious when I speak of the guys I know that are in the League......I've had a few tell me specifically to try and not use their names in certain situations. Not that I would ever use their name and put their off-ice business out to the public.

Not trying to get at you in any way either HB, just curious that's all. Are you affiliated with any of Abbis Mahmoud's bars by any chance?
I know them through the organizations and it helps were roughly around the same age. Mostly through guys I know who plays/played with the club and my buddy is also the son of the higher up gm assistant and head scouts. They don't care because no ones spilling anything secretive just shooting the !!!%. 

I know him very well and i think hes an idiot. he doesnt have the best reputation in town to be honest. His bars are fine but they all have a negative reputation in one way or another. a very snakey person.

laugh.gif
My best friend was the manager of 1 of his spots here in Toronto so I was around the guy fairly often, very shady guy. If I'm ever in Ottawa best believe I'm hitting you up for some beverages
pimp.gif
anytime homie! let me know.. Ill be in toronto next weekend for le brunch at nyood.
which place was it? Lobby? he got screwed with that when the jewish group sold it to him. Tila Tequila? LOL... my friend got sent out there to die when he got asked to manage. Now he owns Tequila jacks and Brunswick house.... hes a joke cause hes in his own little world. 
ohwell.gif

edit: Karl cuts his hair and the twitter world and nhl blows up with girls crying over his flow. ahahah
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by Physicx

if thats Lidstrom's last game tho
frown.gif

He deserved a better exit.
Sure did... Should be interesting to see what Holland does this offseason.... Dream scenario would be Suter and Parise but even getting 1 will be a challenge... Tons of cap space and Illitch can't e happy with a first round exit.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

25 games for Torres. 
eek.gif

roll.gif

Might be a little excessive, but it gets the point across.
NHL looking like the NFL with no rhyme or reason to the suspensions.... Weber makes a completely non-hockey action with the intent to hurt and gets a joke of a fine... Its comical how all over the board they are.

Better late than never on the Torres suspension. There's no doubt in my mind his history played a role in the number he ultimately received.The video is actually pretty comprehensive. It references Torres swiping at the loose puck prior to hit (something I never caught in the 50 times I watched the play), as well as some of the hits I posted earlier in the thread.Good on Shanny, IMO

We might be able to win this series but were going nowhere with Bryz in goal unless he tightens up. Dude looks so lost out there at times.

Originally Posted by af1 1982

We might be able to win this series but were going nowhere with Bryz in goal unless he tightens up. Dude looks so lost out there at times.

I am sure you guys will win this series, but I can't see you guys advancing past the next round. Pittsburgh is imo the only team you guys matched up well with and can beat. Both teams have the worst defense out of all the teams in the playoffs.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
anytime homie! let me know.. Ill be in toronto next weekend for le brunch at nyood.
which place was it? Lobby? he got screwed with that when the jewish group sold it to him. Tila Tequila? LOL... my friend got sent out there to die when he got asked to manage. Now he owns Tequila jacks and Brunswick house.... hes a joke cause hes in his own little world. 
ohwell.gif

edit: Karl cuts his hair and the twitter world and nhl blows up with girls crying over his flow. ahahah
roll.gif
My 2 buddies were Managers of the Brunny......but now they are gone and new managers are in. Tequila Jacks is just the Brunny 2.0, my boys promoted there as a favor but quit after a while. Tequila Jacks is where Picadilly's use to be, which was popular like 8yrs ago
laugh.gif
Lobby was a great spot to be honest, always enjoyed myself when we went in there & Bara did a good job.

I actually think Abbis still owes 1 of the managers $25K
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by True Blues

Better late than never on the Torres suspension. There's no doubt in my mind his history played a role in the number he ultimately received.The video is actually pretty comprehensive. It references Torres swiping at the loose puck prior to hit (something I never caught in the 50 times I watched the play), as well as some of the hits I posted earlier in the thread.Good on Shanny, IMO

gotta admit, this is very much needed transparency considering all the conspiracy BS you hear. plus theres stuff you (I) dont catch on replays...kudos to the NHL and shanny.

Back
Top Bottom