OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Every talented player finds that one coach who elevates their game, Ovi has yet to find that coach/motivator, IMO. 

roll.gif
@ the response from gaustad and buffalo for the miller hit. OWNED

indifferent.gif
@ the makeup/pity calls for buffalo tonight

good to see one of my buddies from high school, Brett Sterling play his first game for the Blues tonight.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Every talented player finds that one coach who elevates their game, Ovi has yet to find that coach/motivator, IMO. 
While I agree that coaches can be very helpful,  the majority of the responsibility is still on the player imo. 
If Ovi needs a coach to make him want to be a better player thats not good, he needs to want to become a complete player which hasn't happened yet

Opposing coaches, starting with Kirk Muller in the '10 playoffs, have figured out how to defend Ovi. He's yet to adjust his game.

SMH at my daughter wanting to leave after the 2 period. I hate that #+#*$!!!!$@* Sean Avery.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by Proshares

Whoa speaking of Florida, how's my boy Jay Bouwmeester doing?
laugh.gif
I forget who I was going back and forth with about him being a bust in Calgary a few years back.

I would of loved to keep him in Florida. He was just getting settled in.
J-Bouw is a pylon out in Calgary. What's he making? $7 mil per?
I would have been happier with Cammy + Dion, pls trade jbo. 
grin.gif

Another loss. Yay! 
indifferent.gif
  #NoWinNovember #Fail4Nail

Proshares- Think Lou would do Parise and Henrique for Getzlaf?
tongue.gif

In Schneider we trust!
Cory-Schneider-5162-19771.jpg

This kid has been playing great, posted a 24 save shutout tonight. Forcing Luuuu to fight for his job.....and all of Vancouver question his contract.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

hopefully Oveskin can get back to dominating, because nobody can tell me that Ovi at his peak isn't every bit as good as Crosby.

The argument is Ovechkin doesn't play both sides of the puck, he doesn't make his teammates better and he's not a winner. He's an insanely talented offensive player. Crosby executes all of that, he is the complete package. People love to hate on Sid for numerous reasons. It reminds me so much of when Gretzky played.
The myth that Crosby is good in his own end is entirely because he is Canadian, if he was European this mistake would not be made, his average at best a mostly mediocre any value he defensive value he has comes form his face off ability and thats it. I do not believe he is better than significantly better than ovi if at all. Alex's hitting abilitiy makes him a factor on defense, xenophobia be damned.

People love to hate no sid??!!! Really because last time I checked everybody is on his ****, in canada he is the lord and savoir.

Making teamates better? How? Through what magic, what proof do you have of this? They played pretty well when he got injured, Malkin is a beast with or without Crosby...Malkin was the best player on the ice during their stanley cup win.

It's horse !@*%, Crosby is great, last year was a season for the ages, but I'm sorry just because y'all wanna be prisoners of the moment doesn't mean I have to be becasue at one point Ovi one back to back MVP's and at his peak neither is significantly better than the other.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Brilliant move to use Pouliot in the shootout. 10 and counting
pimp.gif
Funny, because when I saw Poo-Poo skate out as the fifth shooter, I yelled at my TV, "Pouliot?! What?!?!"

I guess that's why I'm not behind the bench of an NHL team.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Brilliant move to use Pouliot in the shootout. 10 and counting
pimp.gif
Funny, because when I saw Poo-Poo skate out as the fifth shooter, I yelled at my TV, "Pouliot?! What?!?!"

I guess that's why I'm not behind the bench of an NHL team.

Yeah I mean I've heard he has as much skill as anyone on the team and dominates in practice. He just can't get it together during games. But in a shootout, he can come through

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Osh you need to calm the hell down. We all know you hate Crosby
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ovi is great but I think most people would take Crosby over him. Obviously not you though.

I don`t hate Crosby, not at all, great player, but if you were subjected to the Canadian coverage and horses !+%# they make up about him it would probably annoy you too. Canada has a long history of xenophobia with hockey, and this whole Crosby-Ovechkin thing has taken into overdrive. Dudes up here practically rooting for Lindstrom to never win a cup as a captain so they could always say that Euro`s can`t be leaders.

Back
Top Bottom