Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

yea, I have At&t
OK.

I clicked update and a prompt popped up saying "This version of the Iphone software (2.2) is the current version".

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1573

I googled 'how to jailbreak an iphone 3g" and clicked on that result.

I followed the steps, but there was an error midway through saying something about how it doesn't support my firmware.

Originally Posted by dead in 09

yea, I have At&t
OK.

I clicked update and a prompt popped up saying "This version of the Iphone software (2.2) is the current version".

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1573http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1573

I googled 'how to jailbreak an iphone 3g" and clicked on that result.

I followed the steps, but there was an error midway through saying something about how it doesn't support my firmware.

You have the wrong program. You need quickpwn. But back to 2.2 and 2.2.1, when it does prompt you to update, do not, because you will have to re-jailbreakyour iPhone.

This is what you need.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1881

EDIT:

Do not restore, that adds about 20 minutes to this process, and is not necessary.

dead in 09

Open Cydia > Click Manage > Tap 'Edit' (top right) > Tap 'Add' (top left) > Type, http://cydia.hackulo.us/ > Let it add, and refresh, once finished, tap 'Hackulo.us', let it load (takes about 10seconds) > Install 'Installous' and 'miPatch Firmware 2.2' or 2.1 if your are on that > Go to springboard, tap on Installous.

Find an App by searching or browsing, try with BeeJiveIM. Search BeeJive, tap it; go all the way to the bottom, click the link to the newest version, theiPhone friendly ones; usually RapidShare or MegaUpload, let the link load, then click download, wait til its finished, go to the home screen, go to Installous,click the app you downloaded, then once it says at the bottom "the app ..... is complete" or something like that, hit the home button and it shouldbe there, if not, reboot your iPhone and it will be on your home screen.

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

dead in 09

Open Cydia > Click Manage > Tap 'Edit' (top right) > Tap 'Add' (top left) > Type, http://cydia.hackulo.us/http://cydia.hackulo.us/ > Let it add, and refresh, once finished, tap 'Hackulo.us', let it load (takes about 10 seconds) > Install 'Installous' and 'miPatch Firmware 2.2' or 2.1 if your are on that > Go to springboard, tap on Installous.

Find an App by searching or browsing, try with BeeJiveIM. Search BeeJive, tap it; go all the way to the bottom, click the link to the newest version, the iPhone friendly ones; usually RapidShare or MegaUpload, let the link load, then click download, wait til its finished, go to the home screen, go to Installous, click the app you downloaded, then once it says at the bottom "the app ..... is complete" or something like that, hit the home button and it should be there, if not, reboot your iPhone and it will be on your home screen.
Perfect...

I think I'm all caught up
pimp.gif

this phone is serious
eek.gif

Originally Posted by TerroristTim

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by just reason

Beejive Updated to 2.0 - Send and Receive Pics/Audio/More
[table][tr][td] <script language=JavaScript src="http://adserver1.backbeatmedia.com/.../0/viewJScript?pool=14372&type=3158&zone=5000"></script>
http://modmyi.com/images/BeejiveLogowithtagline.png [table][tr][td]
wol_error.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
BeejiveLogowithtagline.png

During Macworld Beejive released an update to their IM app which caught my attention. Until last week I have mostly avoided any IM applications on the iPhone -- I'm always recieveing files and pictures via IM and not being able to do that on the iPhone has always been annoying. The Beejive IM 2.0 update solved the problem by incorporating send/receive of various file types including pics and audio. It isn't MMS but if you and your friends are always on IM it's a very good alternative. You can even send and receive between iPhones that have Beejive IM installed!

Playing around a bit revealed that the menus are intuitive for sending and and receiving files. To send just tap the top bar during a conversation once. After you have tapped a menu slides down with various options including buttons to send photos and voice notes. The photos option allows you to either take a picture or select one out of your photo library. Select the voice note feature and the phone automatically starts recording a voice note. You can stop and play back the voice note before you send.

After you have selected and sent your picture / voice note it is quickly inserted in the conversation for whomever you are chatting with to view. The image/audio is neatly inserted directly in-line the conversation with a little thumbnail. If for some reason you want to check what you sent just tap the arrow next to it with in the conversation to view.

The update also allows you to receive and view many files types on your iPhone including most image, audio, video files, PDFs, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and Powerpoint documents. They appear in-line and you just tap on them to open and view. What's better is that after you have received files you can forward on to to other people in you IM contact lists easily (why is there no forward of text messages in the iPhone SMS app? come on Apple hire Beejive to do things right or something).

Of course Beejive IM 2.0 supports many IM protocols including AIM, Google Talk, ICQ, Jabber, MSN/Live, Myspace IM, and Yahoo messenger just like the previous version. The sounds and menus are very macish and during testing all day today I have yet to make Beejive crash.

If you want (in my opinion) the best IM client for the iPhone Beejives 2.0 update makes it the hands down winner. Price $15.99 via the AppStore. NO.. it's free .99 through Installous!!

[/td] [/tr][/table]
Finally a reason to d/l beejive.

are we able to download this yet
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
if so which link should i use on installous

pimp.gif

How can I change from the AT&T logo at the top of phone and put my own text, I see some of you have done it already.

Originally Posted by vansoffthewa11

Originally Posted by geminifly

How can I change from the AT&T logo at the top of phone and put my own text, I see some of you have done it already.
cydia>tweaks>make it mine
I don't have that app in my tweaks, is there any other way to do it?

open cydia and search for makeitmine.

open cydia and search for makeitmine.
Much appreciated, I got it working, thanks!
pimp.gif

How do I get beejiveIM? I can't find it in Cydia. And is there anything that will change just the icons and keep my background?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

How do I get beejiveIM? I can't find it in Cydia. And is there anything that will change just the icons and keep my background?

Thanks.
1. search in installous

2. yes

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

Hey guys, this is for both the iPhone guys and photoshop guys. I SSH'ed into my phone and installed the Litho theme, and now my question is, does anyone know where I can find more icons, or can someone point me to a photoshop tutorial on how to create the "Litho icon look"? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3240986852_2c6a27637e.jpg

3240986898_118efc2f5c.jpg

3240151383_0b6986c68d.jpg
wats the name of this theme

IS there a tutorial anywhre that explains how to play SNES games on the Iphone?
I know a source for NES games that you put in cydia, but I'll have to look around. I'll post it tonight. Fairly easy.

Originally Posted by jrp44

OK i got a 16 gb first gen ipod touch.....I wanna jailbreak it, but every video i click on youtube they got comments saying :ipod froze too many times" "*%$% dont work" etc....can anyone post a video that they used to jailbreak the ipod touch? Thanks I would appreciate it
pimp.gif
anyone please?
nerd.gif

I need help creating a custom theme for my iphone. Can anyone explain to me how to add a moveable sliding portion to my slider???? When I tried making my ownpersonal one I could only get the background for it to appear, but not the part that slides. I have the photoshop file I want for the slider ready but what doI name it and how do I insert it into phone via SSH for it to appear properly over my bottombarknobgray file?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OK i got a 16 gb first gen ipod touch.....I wanna jailbreak it, but every video i click on youtube they got comments saying :ipod froze too many times" "*%$% dont work" etc....can anyone post a video that they used to jailbreak the ipod touch? Thanks I would appreciate it
pimp.gif
anyone please?
nerd.gif

Dude, just download an ipod touch 2.2 ipsw file (280ish mbs), then download quickpwn if you have windows, or pwnage if you have a mac (i think), and follow theinstructions.

I know a source for NES games that you put in cydia, but I'll have to look around. I'll post it tonight. Fairly easy.

let me get that too man please

Originally Posted by OneLifeLoveKing

let me get that too man please
yea I def need this as well

Share / Save

[img]http://static.addtoany.com/menu/transparent.gif[/img]Bookmark
[table][tr][td] Delicious StumbleUpon Twitter MySpace Yahoo Buzz Google Bookmarks Evernote Gmail Yahoo Mail AOL Mail MSDN Expression Mixx Technorati Favorites Shoutwire Jumptags Hemidemi Instapaper Xerpi Wink Diigo Taggly Tailrank Kledy Yahoo My Web Yoolink Technotizie Multiply Plaxo Pulse Squidoo Blinklist AIM YiGG Segnalo YouMob Fark Jamespot Twiddla MindBodyGreen unalog Diglog Propeller LiveJournal HelloTxt Yample Linkatopia Yahoo Messenger Global Grind Ask.com MyStuff Maple Gravee Backflip SiteJot Health Ranker Care2 News Design Float Bitty Browser Symbaloo Feeds[/td] [td] Digg Facebook Reddit Mister-Wong Windows Live Favorites Yahoo Bookmarks Stumpedia Strands Hotmail Bzzster TechNet Tipd Netlog Furl CiteULike Windows Live Spaces FunP PhoneFavs Netvouz Ma.gnolia BibSonomy BlogMarks StartAid Khabbr Meneame Bookmarks.fr NewsVine FriendFeed Ping Protopage Bookmarks Faves E-mail program Webnews Pusha Slashdot Allvoices Imera Brazil LinkaGoGo Feedmarker Bookmarks Hugg NowPublic Tumblr Current Spurl Oneview Simpy LinkedIn BuddyMarks Viadeo Wists Connotea MyLinkVault Sphinn DZone Hyves Sphere Gabbr Tagza[/td] [/tr][/table]
transparent.gif

Send from any other e-mail address or e-mail program:
Any e-mail

[img]http://static.addtoany.com/menu/transparent.gif[/img]