Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Originally Posted by That Kid Daniel

so my t-mobile contract is boutta end. I want to switch to AT&T. All this news saying a new iphone boutta drop in a month or two. Should i just get a 3G for now or wait till the new iphone drops? anyone know how much this new iphone is gon be?

WWDC is only a month away..just wait. The new iphone will be around the same price as the current one most likely.

does this thread also include info about the ipod touch? need some decent apps/games and info on album art for mine.

-waystinthyme

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

does this thread also include info about the ipod touch? need some decent apps/games and info on album art for mine.

-waystinthyme

Is your ipod touch jailbroken?

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by That Kid Daniel

so my t-mobile contract is boutta end. I want to switch to AT&T. All this news saying a new iphone boutta drop in a month or two. Should i just get a 3G for now or wait till the new iphone drops? anyone know how much this new iphone is gon be?

WWDC is only a month away..just wait. The new iphone will be around the same price as the current one most likely.

thanks..i'ma probably just have to stick with t-mobile for another month.
mad.gif

-waystinthyme

no, i don't think so. i honestly don't know anything about it. it's a 16 gb...right now all i have on it is music, and i only use itwhen i'm at the gym. i want to get some applications, games, maybe a theme and album art so i can start using its full capabilities. i wasn't awarethat you could jailbreak the itouch too?

-waystinthyme

thegoat121886 wrote:

waystinthyme wrote:

-waystinthyme

no, i don't think so. i honestly don't know anything about it. it's a 16 gb...right now all i have on it is music, and i only use it when i'm at the gym. i want to get some applications, games, maybe a theme and album art so i can start using its full capabilities. i wasn't aware that you could jailbreak the itouch too?

-waystinthyme

na its not jailbroken yet
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

Use redsn0w to jailbreak it. after that it basically opens to phone to make it user-customizable. You can add free apps from the app store as well

thegoat121886 wrote:

waystinthyme wrote:

-waystinthyme

no, i don't think so. i honestly don't know anything about it. it's a 16 gb...right now all i have on it is music, and i only use it when i'm at the gym. i want to get some applications, games, maybe a theme and album art so i can start using its full capabilities. i wasn't aware that you could jailbreak the itouch too?

-waystinthyme

Use redsn0w to jailbreak it. after that it basically opens to phone to make it user-customizable. You can add free apps from the app store as well
what is redsn0w? i don't mean to sound like an idiot, but this is my first iPod/apple product. i've had it for about 4 or 5 months, but idon't know ANYTHING at all about it.

EDIT: also, what did you mean by "opens to phone..." like i can make phone calls on it if it's jailbroken or was that a typo?

-waystinthyme

So im trying to use the iNav theme. Ive dowloaded "Categories" and made 2 of them for apps and games. Then I use iBlank to make blank icons. It tellsme to put 10 blank icons on top of each page up to the 8th page. What the hell are the blank icons for?!?!?! And when I do, it still doesnt look right. Anybodywith info on how to install iNav theme, help your boy out.
smile.gif

thegoat121886 wrote:

waystinthyme wrote:

thegoat121886 wrote:

waystinthyme wrote:

-waystinthyme

-waystinthyme

what is redsn0w? i don't mean to sound like an idiot, but this is my first iPod/apple product. i've had it for about 4 or 5 months, but i don't know ANYTHING at all about it.

EDIT: also, what did you mean by "opens to phone..." like i can make phone calls on it if it's jailbroken or was that a typo?

-waystinthyme

sorry...that was a typo. and dont worry about "sounding like an idiot. we're here to help each other. we all gotta start somewhere.
Redsn0w turtorial

thegoat121886 wrote:

waystinthyme wrote:

thegoat121886 wrote:

waystinthyme wrote:

-waystinthyme

-waystinthyme

what is redsn0w? i don't mean to sound like an idiot, but this is my first iPod/apple product. i've had it for about 4 or 5 months, but i don't know ANYTHING at all about it.

-waystinthyme

sorry...that was a typo. and dont worry about "sounding like an idiot. we're here to help each other. we all gotta start somewhere.
Redsn0w turtorial

aight thanks! i'm at work, but i'll try this when i get home...i may send a few pm's if i need more help with the basics. thanks again...

-waystinthyme

Originally Posted by I Skate Nikes

anyone have info on a cracked jivetalk for a jailbroken iphone?

just get one off installous. Ive had my cracked version for the last month..no problems

damn i miss my ipod touch 1st gen. Had over 200 apps, no one could see me on adrenaline pool.

iPhone OS 3.0 Takes Better Pictures Than 2.2.1?
A series of test shots comparing a 2.2.1 iPhone to a 3.0b4 iPhone shows a significant improvement in picture quality.

iPhones.ru took over 30 side by side photos which led them to conclude that the photo quality has been tweaked in the new firmware.

You can see some examples below...

Read More [via Gizmodo]

Anybody recommend a good belt clip for the iphone? I want a horizontal holster like this
wt17200000136.jpg

but without the swivel belt clip... any recommendations?

Just got my iphone how do I A change the weather on this bad boy keeps saying 73 and B delete the apps i dont use like stocks and what have you ?

Originally Posted by Gunitjordan

Just got my iphone how do I A change the weather on this bad boy keeps saying 73 and B delete the apps i dont use like stocks and what have you ?

That's just a picture on the weather app. It doesnt change. you gotta click it to see the actual weather in your area.
You can add a weather widget tho that shows the weather on your springboard. I have one
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/thegoat1218/?action=view&current=photo-2.jpg
As for deleting apps, you can only delete the ones you download from the app store. press and hold any app on the screen and they'll begin to wiggle with alittle "x" next to the delete-able ones. just click the "x" to delete. If you jailbreak your phone, you can use BossPrefs to hide icons sothat you dont see them. I did this with the stock apps i dont use.

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

how do i get my own background?

gotta jailbreak your phone, then install winterboard. you can add an image or background from Cydia, or use OpenSSH to add in your own custom background. Theyjust have to be a certain size to show properly.
sciphone.com has good backgrounds that are sized specifically for iPhones.

How do you get new icons only for the dock? I cant find any in Cydia.
nerd.gif

And how do you change the text on the top left that says "ATT" as well as "Slide to Unlock"? Customize won't work, since it says"Cant Save String".

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Maelstroom

How do you get new icons only for the dock? I cant find any in Cydia.
nerd.gif

And how do you change the text on the top left that says "ATT" as well as "Slide to Unlock"? Customize won't work, since it says "Cant Save String".

nerd.gif
Theres an App called " Make it Mine " in Cydia to change the carrier name ..

and for the strings, you can always go to youtube and search from there..

Just got this gold incase slider from karma loop sale for $13.80
pimp.gif

2ithmrb.jpg
2mms4fm.jpg

Trying to get rid of my white one I bought a month ago. Pm me if interested

Back
Top Bottom