Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

11436362-d2fb8457b5c909f72348d6d1a0f25e19.4a2cbac1-full.jpg

Originally Posted by just reason

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Can't wait for tomorrow

the apple conference thing is tomorrow right? i'm def. excited to see what the new phone will have...my contracts been up since march and i'm just waiting on the new phone to drop so i can switch...
^^^ congrats on being the 4000th post... i have a free app for you as a prize.
laugh.gif

YESSS...which one?
laugh.gif
i've already downloaded a few free ones justcuz and i don't even have the phone yet...

I'm sure this has been asked before but what would an individual monthly bill come out to? I've heard people paying anywhere from $80,90-$130. Thelatter being completely unacceptable. Also, assuming Apple continues to refresh annually, how much would it cost to upgrade?

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by retro23phan

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

so i upgraded to 2.2.1 hacked and it took a while cuz i was in recovery mode for a while, but i got it to work and i was able to go to my backup BUT my contacts were gone, i have no camera, notepad,weather,stocks, or calculator apps and some of my photos wont show up unless i click it. anyone know what the problem is? and how i could get everything back my last firmware was hacked too btw

Did you have them hidden on your last firmware? You can download SbSettings and un-hide them to have them on your screen. Try that and let me know.
i dont believe he hid them with SBsettings, he most likely did not even have it. I think you are pretty much screwed, since you say you upgraded from previous firmware and you never restored. WHen you upgrade to a new firmware(jailbroken or not) you have the option to restore, and you did not do that. Contacts might be save if you have something like windows contact or microsoft outlook and you sync your contacts to that. <- That is what i always do, to have backup

edit: ok sorry i had to reread the post 3 times to understand what you really meant. This has happen to me before, try 23MichaelJordan45 method and if it doesnt work, its back to basics, do it over again and yes you lost everything. This has happen to me before back in 2.0 firmware.

Yeah, I was afraid too if he did not have them hidden...but he will have restore and re-jailbreak. It is complected, but if you want all of your stuff back, it is the only way to do it.
i dled the SBsettings and i was able to get my apps back! thanks a lot now for my contacts am i screwed?

hey you guys, asked these questions in another thread maybe you guys know better.

one, i just bought my iphone 3g on May 16th of this year. what are my chances of being able to return the 3g and get the 3gs, which comes out on the 19th ofthis month? has anyone ever done something like this> the 30 day period is only off by almost three days. really wanted to wait, but my family wanted newphones

two, the new macbooks, im buyin the 13 inc pro. now, the free printer deal, how does that work? did you pay for the printer and then get a rebate? i need helpguys

also, if i can't for some reason pull off getting the 3gs through a return, can i then return my 3g, for which i paid 199, and buy it back for the newprice of 99. i know there is a 20 dollar restocking fee, but this sounds legit. thanks

lol so the new one has the same body as the 3g iphone..

only difference is that it has a compass and video camera? LOL!!!!

you can get those when you unlock the damn thing..

apple's new iphone ftl

Originally Posted by kidUFC

lol so the new one has the same body as the 3g iphone..

only difference is that it has a compass and video camera? LOL!!!!

you can get those when you unlock the damn thing..

apple's new iphone ftl

• 3MP Auto-Focus Camera. Tap to focus, as close as 10cm
  • Auto white balance and auto exposure, and low-light sensitivity for camera, and video
  • Video recording, 30fps, editing, sending, and uploading to Youtube
  • Faster processor - Messages load 2.1x faster, SimCity 2.4x, Excel attachments 3.6x, large website 2.9x
  • Improved battery life - 9 hours internet browsing, 10 hours video, 30 hours audio, 12 hours 2g talk-time, 5 hours 3G talk-time
  • VoiceOver for content and controls, zooming, color inversion, mono audio, etc.
  • Built-in digital compass - Integrates with Maps
  • Accessibility settings will read aloud what you touch on screen
  • Built-in Nike+ support
  • Dimensions are identical to iPhone 3G, so old cases will fit perfectly. Weights 0.1 ounces more.

[h3]iPhone 3GS Launch Day Details and AT&T Pricing[/h3]
Tuesday June 09, 2009 11:04 AM EST; Category: iPhone
Written by arn

AT&T has posted a walkthrough video explaining how to order the new iPhone 3GS and what pricing you can expect. Unlike the iPhone 3G launch, Apple and AT&T are allowing pre-orders on the iPhone 3G S which means you can order today to get your handset by June 19th.

The iPhone 3GS will be available for $199/16GB and $299/32GB for "new and qualifying" customers. The existing 8GB and 16GB 3G models can also be purchased for $99 or $149 (while supplies last).

On launch day (June 19th), two lines will form at 7 a.m. local time at the AT&T retail stores. Customers who had pre-ordered from retail stores will be able to pick up their iPhone 3GSs at that time, while customers who wish to purchase that day will have to wait until the store opens at normal business hours.

Rating (17 Positives; 76 Negatives)
[ 86 comments ] [ Rate: Positive | Negative ]

titlebar_topright%20red.gif

[h3]iPhone OS 3.0 Launching June 17th - MMS, Tethering in Some Countries[/h3]
Monday June 08, 2009 04:31 PM EST; Category: iPhone
Written by Eric Slivka

topicnews2.gif

Apple today announced that its iPhone OS 3.0 will launch on June 17th, just prior to the release of the new iPhone 3G S. The upgrade will be free for all iPhone users, and will be priced at $9.95 for iPod touch users. While many of the features of iPhone OS 3.0 were previewed at Apple's media event in March, several additional features and clarifications were mentioned during today's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote.

- MMS: While the inclusion of multimedia messaging in iPhone OS 3.0 was discussed at Apple's previous media event, Apple today revealed the MMS will not be available for AT&T customers until "late summer", as much as several months after the launch of the new operating system. A number of other wireless carriers throughout the world will be supporting MMS at launch.

- Internet Tethering: At its previous media event, Apple chose not to focus on tethering, addressing it only in a Q&A period by saying that while the functionality is being built into the iPhone OS 3.0, cooperation from carriers would be needed in order to enable it. During today's keynote, Apple announced that tethering via USB and Bluetooth will be offered on a number of carriers at launch, although AT&T will not be supporting it for the time being.

- "Find My iPhone": A newly-advertised feature only for MobileMe subscribers allows customers to track the location of their lost iPhone, send alerts to the device, and perform remote wipes for data security. If later found, wiped iPhones can then be restored by syncing with iTunes.

Rating (159 Positives; 582 Negatives)
[ 254 comments ] [ Rate: Positive | Negative ]

titlebar_topright%20red.gif

[h3]Apple Announces iPhone 3G S, Launching June 19th[/h3]
Monday June 08, 2009 04:13 PM EST; Category: iPhone
Written by Eric Slivka

160101-iphone_3g_s_500.jpg
True to rumors, Apple today announced that the new iPhone 3G S will launch on June 19th in the United States, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and the UK. Launches will occur one week later in an additional six countries, with many more launches around the world coming over the next few months.

Appearing almost identical to the iPhone 3G, the iPhone 3G S will be available in both black and white and be priced at $199 for 16 GB models and $299 for 32 GB models for new and qualifying AT&T customers in the United States. Apple will also continue to offer the 8 GB iPhone 3G, priced at $99 for qualified AT&T customers.
Apple today introduced the new iPhone 3G S, the fastest, most powerful iPhone yet, packed with incredible new features including improved speed and performance -- up to twice as fast as iPhone 3G -- with longer battery life, a high-quality 3 megapixel autofocus camera, easy to use video recording and hands free voice control. iPhone 3G S includes the new iPhone OS 3.0, the world's most advanced mobile operating system with over 100 new features such as Cut, Copy and Paste, MMS, Spotlight Search, landscape keyboard and more.
The iPhone 3G S contains many of the features that had been rumored including Digital Compass, Video Recording, Voice Control, 3 megapixel camera with autofocus and faster internet speeds.

Apple has also posted a guided tour of the new iPhone 3G S.

The big remaining issue is how pricing for existing iPhone 3G owners will be. The prices listed above represent subsidized pricing which existing iPhone 3G owners don't appear to qualify for. When the iPhone 3G was released, AT&T did allow previous iPhone owners to buy-in at the subsidized price, but the circumstances were different as the original iPhone had never been subsidized.

Existing iPhone 3G owners may have to pay approximately $200 over subsidized pricing to upgrade:

161205-att.jpg

Visit Apple's online store and click "buy" on the iPhone 3G S to see what you qualify for.

Rating (164 Positives; 865 Negatives)
[ 832 comments ] [ Rate: Positive | Negative ]

iphone 3gs specs...

ico_camera_sm.gif

[h3]Camera[/h3]

Camera

ico_green_check.gif

Resolution

3 megapixels

Live video capture and playback

ico_green_check.gif

ico_music_sm.gif

[h3]Music[/h3]

Music player

iTunes

Supported music formats

AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

Create music playlists

ico_green_check.gif

ico_messaging_sm.gif

[h3]Messaging[/h3]

Text Messaging

ico_green_check.gif

ico_email_sm.gif

[h3]Email[/h3]

Mobile Email

AOL, Yahoo!, Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, MobileMe

ico_VideoWeb_sm.gif

[h3]Video & Web[/h3]

Web browser

Safari

ico_MEdiaMall_sm.gif

[h3]MEdia(TM) Mall[/h3]

Ringtones

ico_green_check.gif

Answer Tones(TM) - have your friends hear your favorite song or funny phrase when they call you

ico_green_check.gif

Games, puzzle, sports, action, card, racing and more

ico_green_check.gif

ico_productivity_sm.gif

[h3]Productivity[/h3]

Calendar, Alarm clock, Call Waiting, Caller ID, Personal Organizer

ico_green_check.gif

Address Book

email, birthday, multiple phone numbers, address

Conference calling

3-Way

Call Forwarding

ico_green_check.gif

Multitasking

Use voice and data simultaneously

ico_extras_sm.gif

[h3]Extras[/h3]

3G

high-speed data and voice

World phone

Quad-band

BLUETOOTH[emoji]174[/emoji] wireless connectivity

ico_green_check.gif

USB connectivity

ico_green_check.gif

Hands-free speakerphone

ico_green_check.gif

TTY/TTD Compatible

ico_green_check.gif

[h3]Battery[/h3]
Talk time

Up to 12 hours (2G), 5 hours (3G)

Standby time

12 days

[h3]Dimensions[/h3]
Weight

4.8 ounces

Size (inches)

4.5 x 2.4 x 0.48 inches

[h3]Memory[/h3]
Internal memory storage

16 GB

[h3]Wireless Technology[/h3]
GSM/GPRS

850/900/1800/900 MHz

3G

UMTS/HSDPA (850/1900/2100 MHz)

EDGE high speed data network

ico_green_check.gif

BLUETOOTH[emoji]174[/emoji] technology

2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)

[h3]Operating System[/h3]
OS X

ico_green_check.gif

[h3]Display[/h3]
Display size

3.5 inches

Resolution (pixels)

480 x 320

[h3]Keyboard[/h3]
Touchscreen

ico_green_check.gif

I BETTER BE ABLE TO UPGRADE...
devil.gif
(about to go see what safari 4 is like)

sup everyone...im looking to buy a new phone and it has come down between an iphone and a blackberry...so my question to you guys is what can the iphone dofor me as opposed to the blackberry?...in other words why should i get a iphone?....thanks in advance

I can not get my ringtones to show up in my phone. I did all the stuff from the create your own ringtones from itunes and it shows up in my ringtone box onItunes but not on my phone.

use myxer.com

easiest thing ever..
just download the ringtone when your done.
dont use the send it via text.. dont give them your number, never had a problem just to be safe

good luck

So im still confused. I see 3 prices for the 32gb Iphone. $299, $499, and $699. The people that already have Iphone 3g's, will we get the $299 price????

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

So im still confused. I see 3 prices for the 32gb Iphone. $299, $499, and $699. The people that already have Iphone 3g's, will we get the $299 price????
You ONLY get that price if you're a new customer or you're qualified for an upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom