Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

anybody know of any good FREE programs to convert movies into mp4 so i can watch movies on my iphone?

i got a few simple questions that i've got a couple different answers from my friends.

1. can the iPhone 3G (not the 3Gs) be unlocked for t-mobile?
2. i can only get edge as opposed to 3G correct? and how much would the edge data plan cost on t-mobile and what does it include(texts, e-mail, etc)?

thanks.

since im not eligible for upgrade till december im just going to go back to jailbreaking it ... smh at apple/att not supporting early adpoters

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

i got a few simple questions that i've got a couple different answers from my friends.

2. i can only get edge as opposed to 3G correct? and how much would the edge data plan cost on t-mobile and what does it include(texts, e-mail, etc)?

thanks.

1. you can unlock it to work with t-mobile 2. im not sure what t-mobiles rates are but usually internet and text are separate items, just cuz you have internetdoesn't mean text are included.. etc...

damn HELP... how do i get to the 2.2........ i have 2.2.1 and it wont work with that.... help please.

edit: found a 2.2 setup, hopefully it works. we'll see.

edit2: didnt work.... im just gonna wait for the 3.0

ok so what case should I get for this thing?
I don't plan on dropping it anytime soon when I get it BUT we know how that goes...

With that said I got the OtterboxDefender case for it, it has a hard plastic case under with a 2nd silicone case over it, then has a clip you can put it in as a holster, but I'm notsure how that clip will hold up with the phone in it because it seems like the little dummy it came with comes out the holster easily as it is.

So I was looking at the Griffin Reveal posted here on thewebsite and it's so thin, little plastic thing on the back, would it REALLY do much to protect the phone? I'm skeptical, should I be for a good reason?

The Griffin Clarifi also caught my eye because itenhances the iPhone camera but that was with the fixed focus 3G camera, would it cause a problem with the autofocus 3G camera? It seems like an ok thing tohave but it's not a deal maker at all, and how is the rest of the case? if it doesn't protect anything, taking a picture with a broken iPhone justwon't work.

Then they have some new Belkin cases that also caught my eye...

Anybody with reccomendations? What are you guys using/buying? Anybody have that Otterbox Defender, how's that?

Dropped my OG iPhone onto a knocked over Corona in Spain over the weekend, now the top or bottom of the screen pretty much won't work at all. I can slideto unlock eventually, but my Phone app is at the bottom.

1. i tried rebooting, got nothing
2. i tried restoring, got nothing

Are there any home remedies for saving the screen?
laugh.gif
Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by C Money 88 05

ok so what case should I get for this thing?
I don't plan on dropping it anytime soon when I get it BUT we know how that goes...

With that said I got the Otterbox Defender case for it, it has a hard plastic case under with a 2nd silicone case over it, then has a clip you can put it in as a holster, but I'm not sure how that clip will hold up with the phone in it because it seems like the little dummy it came with comes out the holster easily as it is.

So I was looking at the Griffin Reveal posted here on the website and it's so thin, little plastic thing on the back, would it REALLY do much to protect the phone? I'm skeptical, should I be for a good reason?

The Griffin Clarifi also caught my eye because it enhances the iPhone camera but that was with the fixed focus 3G camera, would it cause a problem with the autofocus 3G camera? It seems like an ok thing to have but it's not a deal maker at all, and how is the rest of the case? if it doesn't protect anything, taking a picture with a broken iPhone just won't work.

Then they have some new Belkin cases that also caught my eye...

Anybody with reccomendations? What are you guys using/buying? Anybody have that Otterbox Defender, how's that?
im not sure why people buy the otterbox defender, i know its basically bulletproof, but it looks like it adds another inch to the thickness to theiphone

i looked into the griffin clarifi case, i thought it was a good case, but i heard that in some cases, the moveable lens may scratch your iphone, which i wonttake a chance on

the griffin reveal looks nice, but i think your right, it doesnt have too much protection

IMO

i recommend these cases

the incase slider, i think its the most popular iphone case, its durable, its pretty thin, and it looks nice, but its $35

switcheasy capsule rebel, its a hybrid of a silicone cover, with a skeletal hard plastic back, its $27, i recommend the clear it, it looks nice, but it leaveswatermarks (when clear silicon presses against the 3g casing, it looks like water was in the case)

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Is it possible to downgrade from 2.2.1 to 2.2?
Yeah just google iPhone 2.2 firmware download and restore it to your phone.

Originally Posted by dalilboy

since 3.0 comes out tomorrow is it already jailbroken??

Yeah it's already jailbroken and it's being released shortly after 3.0 is being released.

Anyone have a link for 3.0?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

thanks.

My data and text is like 25 dollars all together it's unlimited

as am i, thanks my good man. where can i find the jailbreak if thats possible??

Yo 3.0 FAST AS HELL...
Landscape texting is dope. There's alot other lil improvements that I won't ruin for you.
Not even trippin about no jailbreak. I can do without for a couple days.
pimp.gif

as am i, thanks my good man. where can i find the jailbreak if thats possible?? did it leak as well?

Originally Posted by im that one

as am i, thanks my good man. where can i find the jailbreak if thats possible?? did it leak as well?

Jailbreak dropping tomorrow at the earliest. Dev team says their finished with it but they not releasing it until after Apple releases 3.0.

Back
Top Bottom