Originally Posted by EIM86

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

kudos to lin but i cringe every time he gets interviewed

how come?
probably hate
agree
i love how guys are quick to say some crap like that. i was rooting for this dude since i first heard of him playing for harvard about a year and a half ago. im just saying dude had no emotion when he was talking. carry on.

[h3]Rex Walters following the Jeremy Lin story[/h3]
August, 5, 2010
Aug 5

8:57

PM ET

• Email
  • Print
  • Comments#comments

By Diamond Leung

San Francisco coach Rex Walters has yet to meet Jeremy Lin, but wants to extend an invitation to the presumed newest member of their small fraternity -- Asian-Americans who have played in the NBA.

When Lin is in the neighborhood and wants to work out away from the Golden State Warriors practice facility, Walters would like to have the USF gym doors opened for him.

What's a little red-carpet treatment for a kid who was shut out from receiving a Division I scholarship? And Walters, who starred at Kansas and played seven seasons in the NBA, as much as anyone else appreciates how Lin can be an inspirational figure for Asian-American players.

"I don't look Japanese," Walters said, referring to his mother's heritage. "When they see him, it's an Asian-American.

"It's great for Asian-Americans. And he's not 7-foot-4. It's great to see that they can make it."

Walters does his part to inspire as well. In the spare time he has away from rebuilding a Dons program that captured national championships in the 1950s, he also coaches his son and the rest of the fifth grade boys who play for the SF Flying Eagles -- an Asian league team.

Walters grew up in San Jose playing for Asian league teams himself and looks forward to following Lin's stereotype-shattering career. With few Asian-Americans playing college basketball, let alone reaching the NBA, the story of how a Harvard graduate with Taiwanese parents made the league could be a game-changer.

"You can't believe the detractors," Walters said. "They have to get over the stereotype that they can't make it."

August, 5, 2010
Aug 5

PM ET

• Email
  • Print
  • Comments#comments

By Diamond Leung

San Francisco coach Rex Walters has yet to meet Jeremy Lin, but wants to extend an invitation to the presumed newest member of their small fraternity -- Asian-Americans who have played in the NBA.

When Lin is in the neighborhood and wants to work out away from the Golden State Warriors practice facility, Walters would like to have the USF gym doors opened for him.

What's a little red-carpet treatment for a kid who was shut out from receiving a Division I scholarship? And Walters, who starred at Kansas and played seven seasons in the NBA, as much as anyone else appreciates how Lin can be an inspirational figure for Asian-American players.

"I don't look Japanese," Walters said, referring to his mother's heritage. "When they see him, it's an Asian-American.

"It's great for Asian-Americans. And he's not 7-foot-4. It's great to see that they can make it."

Walters does his part to inspire as well. In the spare time he has away from rebuilding a Dons program that captured national championships in the 1950s, he also coaches his son and the rest of the fifth grade boys who play for the SF Flying Eagles -- an Asian league team.

Walters grew up in San Jose playing for Asian league teams himself and looks forward to following Lin's stereotype-shattering career. With few Asian-Americans playing college basketball, let alone reaching the NBA, the story of how a Harvard graduate with Taiwanese parents made the league could be a game-changer.

"You can't believe the detractors," Walters said. "They have to get over the stereotype that they can't make it."

Diamond Leung tho? Koo name.

SMH @ knowing JLin's future roommate's GF. Looks like they will be looking for a place in the city. Can't wait to meet the guy when the season starts. I'll show him this thread. LOL.

SMH @ knowing JLin's future roommate's GF. Looks like they will be looking for a place in the city. Can't wait to meet the guy when the season starts. I'll show him this thread. LOL.

August, 5, 2010
Aug 5

PM ET

By Diamond Leung

August, 5, 2010
Aug 5

PM ET

By Diamond Leung

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
(the exact same response)

he signed a 3-year shoe deal with Nike...and my coworker said he was on the Jim Rome radio show today.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
(the exact same response)

he signed a 3-year shoe deal with Nike...and my coworker said he was on the Jim Rome radio show today.

^Team Economics FTW!

JLin signing with Nike is good. He will get free sneakers. But I hope he considers signing with the Chinese brands in the future if they are interested. He will get his own signature shoes.

^Team Economics FTW!

JLin signing with Nike is good. He will get free sneakers. But I hope he considers signing with the Chinese brands in the future if they are interested. He will get his own signature shoes.

Economics, I believe. He's said he wants to be a pastor after basketball or something.

Oh okay, because Harvard degree looks pretty good anywhere in the job market, just in case.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
  I hope dude has a lengthy career.

Economics, I believe. He's said he wants to be a pastor after basketball or something.

Oh okay, because Harvard degree looks pretty good anywhere in the job market, just in case.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
  I hope dude has a lengthy career.

Back
Top Bottom