Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

I am happy for the dude but this "breaking barriers" talk is complete %$$%$#@+. The is absolutety nothing stopping Asian-American athletes from playing in the NBA. There is no consiparcy keeping them out, the only reason any Asian American athlete would not make it in the NBA is they lacks the size and skill to get it done. No one is saying "Man, that guy has all the tools......but he's Asian so %+!+ him". This reminds me of when Jin started rapping, all his fans kept complaining no one would give him a chance in Hip-Hop because he is not black. But end the end he failed because he sucked plain and simple. I hope he has a long career but my best guest is that all dude will be good for this season is giving Steph a good workout in practice.

I am happy for the dude but this "breaking barriers" talk is complete %$$%$#@+. The is absolutety nothing stopping Asian-American athletes from playing in the NBA. There is no consiparcy keeping them out, the only reason any Asian American athlete would not make it in the NBA is they lacks the size and skill to get it done. No one is saying "Man, that guy has all the tools......but he's Asian so %+!+ him". This reminds me of when Jin started rapping, all his fans kept complaining no one would give him a chance in Hip-Hop because he is not black. But end the end he failed because he sucked plain and simple. I hope he has a long career but my best guest is that all dude will be good for this season is giving Steph a good workout in practice.

Please do not compare JLin to Jin tho. Basketball is not music. It takes more than talent and skills to make it in the rap industry. Unfortunately, image is everything. And FYI, Jin is cakin in Asia, so he made a good decision to "quit."

Please do not compare JLin to Jin tho. Basketball is not music. It takes more than talent and skills to make it in the rap industry. Unfortunately, image is everything. And FYI, Jin is cakin in Asia, so he made a good decision to "quit."

It's more like, before JLin, there was never someone Asian-Americans could look up to and say, "Yeah, if I give it my all perfecting my basketball game, I have a chance to make it to the NBA." Same with Jin, he was a pioneer in that other Asian-Americans could look up to him and realize, "Hey, if I want to make a career in hip-hop, if I try my best I definitely have a chance." You can see that being true, as there's plenty of Asian hip-hop artists out there now (Far East Movement, etc.) They're not huge, like mainstream, but they exist and have a following. Yeah, Jin's had to go overseas to keep his career going, but his impact is definitely felt.
That to me really is the biggest impact he'll make. That's what I meant earlier when I said that, even if he sucks and gets cut, he'll still mean a lot to a good amount of Asian-Americans.

I don't think anyone is saying Lin has had to undergo extreme hardships to make it to the league. Palo Alto (and Silicon Valley in general) is a very rich neighborhood, and both his parents are engineers, so he definitely has had most of the resources available to play basketball and develop his game. He's just had to deal stereotypes because not many people expect an Asian guy to have the abilities to be a standout basketball player, and it's hurt him from getting recognized as he's progressed in his career (certainly not anymore now).

It's more like, before JLin, there was never someone Asian-Americans could look up to and say, "Yeah, if I give it my all perfecting my basketball game, I have a chance to make it to the NBA." Same with Jin, he was a pioneer in that other Asian-Americans could look up to him and realize, "Hey, if I want to make a career in hip-hop, if I try my best I definitely have a chance." You can see that being true, as there's plenty of Asian hip-hop artists out there now (Far East Movement, etc.) They're not huge, like mainstream, but they exist and have a following. Yeah, Jin's had to go overseas to keep his career going, but his impact is definitely felt.
That to me really is the biggest impact he'll make. That's what I meant earlier when I said that, even if he sucks and gets cut, he'll still mean a lot to a good amount of Asian-Americans.

I don't think anyone is saying Lin has had to undergo extreme hardships to make it to the league. Palo Alto (and Silicon Valley in general) is a very rich neighborhood, and both his parents are engineers, so he definitely has had most of the resources available to play basketball and develop his game. He's just had to deal stereotypes because not many people expect an Asian guy to have the abilities to be a standout basketball player, and it's hurt him from getting recognized as he's progressed in his career (certainly not anymore now).

J Lin Media Day photos 
pimp.gif

092710_JLin.jpg

6HLGOBUC0USG0005.jpg

6HLGOBHV0USG0005.jpg

6HLGO97P0USG0005.jpg

U2136P6T12D5223866F168DT20100928115101.jpg

My man, Jeremy Lin. I hope he gets some burn and has a good career. 
pimp.gif

On another note, what happened to Jin? 

My man, Jeremy Lin. I hope he gets some burn and has a good career. 
pimp.gif

On another note, what happened to Jin? 

I found this new Jeremy Lin press conference. Oct 2, 2010... talks about Monta Ellis, future business ventures, women and breaking stereotypes.... LOL

I found this new Jeremy Lin press conference. Oct 2, 2010... talks about Monta Ellis, future business ventures, women and breaking stereotypes.... LOL

Dang, he led his team to beat Mater Dei ! Our team lost to them in the State playoffs by like 20, but our best player wasn't there because he got two technical fouls and wasn't eligible to play.

Dang, he led his team to beat Mater Dei ! Our team lost to them in the State playoffs by like 20, but our best player wasn't there because he got two technical fouls and wasn't eligible to play.

Originally Posted by yao11ming4mvp

Where'd you go??

Yeah Lin had a big game against them.

Back
Top Bottom