OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Where do we go from here, I would assume Leonard is not coming back and let it be a bonus if he does. What do we need to focus on in the offseason? Ideal pickups? Certainly would have beaten the Lakers no matter what Shannon or the naysayers preach.
Why would you assume that kawhi wouldn't be back?

Imo, kawhi is a different kind of guy. He really wanted to be home. I don't think he has anything on his mind other than winning a title in Southern California.

Why would you assume that kawhi wouldn't be back?

Imo, kawhi is a different kind of guy. He really wanted to be home. I don't think he has anything on his mind other than winning a title in Southern California.

everyone waiting to see kawhi leave and chomping at the bit til the clippers lost

dallas series, 0-2, kawhi going to ny
utah series, 0-2, kawhi going to miami

this team reached the farthest they have ever been in franchise history with their best player out along with two starting centers and i think everyones also forgetting that pg has that foot issue from the regular season that wouldnt heal unless he stopped playing yet he has the highest pt in the playoffs by a wide margin ( he has 100 more minutes over the second highest which was booker)

if kawhi was healthy, they easily win that series, hell literally one wrong call on two of the games they lost and theyre going to the finals

they are that close so why would kawhi leave now? plus there the kawhi is gon kawhi thing

and its funny, this is their second year together and everyones in ahurry but if they get to a chip next year, third year isnt bad at all

Looking at the other teams around the league, the 2021 free agent class and thinking about the big name players who could be traded, I'm not seeing a lot of possiblities for teams jumping ahead of us if we just run it back. Obviously we're right there with Phoenix (and probably better if at full strength). Unlikely the Jazz are going to be any better next year. Denver will be better with Murray back, but still not clearly better than us. Lakers have questions. Mavs and Blazers need to make changes. Memphis not there yet, etc.

Heck of a season, boys! Historic Season! Can't be any prouder of this team for the heart and effort they displayed when the chip were stacked against them. Obviously would have love to win it all but as the saying goes, "one step at a time" and by finally getting out of the 2nd round and competing in the WCF, they made it one step closer to that goal.

Resign Kawhi at all cost! Ty Lue has made me and everyone around the league believe he is a top notch coach and is nothing like Doc. Reggie has proven that with the right coach/environment he can be a really good starting pg in this league. He deserves the Bag however, I hope he stays with the Clippers somehow. Pat Bev was also great in this series but I think its time the Clippers move on from him and let Reggie be the full time starter if we can keep him. Keep Batum and peace out to Pat Patterson. Depending on Ibaka's health, I would love to see what this team is like with him at full strength. All and All the future is bright and as long as the Clippers can stay healthy we should be back in the mix for a chance to win it all.

I feel like Kawhi will be back. Media is giving him a lot of flack for not playing as if to insinuate he could. Starting to play out like San Antonio. His image takes a huge hit if he leaves after something like this. Uncle Dennis knows what’s needed lol
I don't even think him staying with the clippers has anything to do with the clips if that makes sense...

I just think he's a Homer and he wants to be home. The clippers have done everything kawhi wanted and more.

If he did leave, I don't see him going any further from socal than phx or the bay area.

But, he knows that this is the situation he wanted and he knows we are a healthy klaw away from being in the finals right now.

In addition, kawhi is the reason that the clippers gutted their assets and ended up with Paul George.
I don't think him or Reggie is leaving. I feel like Reggie will sign a one year deal and have another contract in his agents safe signed for the year after. Lol.

Oan

As much as I like pat Beverly , it might be time to move on from him. Imo, you just don't have to give the best basketball players in the world more ammo with antics. Imo

Beverly is the heart of the team for better or worse. You need a fire cracker like him to give your team dynamic personalities, especially when your best player is Rain Man-esque :lol: curious to see how logo and Balmer tweak the team in the off season.

patbev annoys me more than ever before but i like that lue isnt afraid to bench any player so he is ok in the roster to me as i think mann is gon get more pt after this season

if it was doc then id be worried, if that was ty in philly im pretty sure simmons wouldnt be playing the 4th

I’d say I’m basically neutral on PatBev. If he comes back, fine. If he doesn’t, that’s ok too. We’ve won enough without him that I don’t think his energy/spirit is indispensable.

said it before, but i don’t mind pat bev on the team since he has value to the “culture” and is the heart of the team.

it’s his contract that i highly despise since that could be cap space that can be used elsewhere especially since he did have injury issues

pros and cons to lots of our decisions to make, but i trust our front office and the moves they’ve made so far

I’d say I’m basically neutral on PatBev. If he comes back, fine. If he doesn’t, that’s ok too. We’ve won enough without him that I don’t think his energy/spirit is indispensable.

As a laker fan, I'm hoping yall do get rid of him. Bev is a game changer., especially in big games. Reggie's shot making was incredible this season but Bev and Mann's defense was just as important.

You have a rich owner and a coach that plays him at the right time. I don't see any upside to yall getting rid of him.

As a laker fan, I'm hoping yall do get rid of him. Bev is a game changer., especially in big games. Reggie's shot making was incredible this season but Bev and Mann's defense was just as important.

You have a rich owner and a coach that plays him at the right time. I don't see any upside to yall getting rid of him.

as mentioned before, its a contract thing, he makes like $14.5mil next year? reggie deserves that $$$ more than him and if you could sign

i was thinking dinwiddie looking to play in LA but the question is for how much? he wants to get paid but willing for a paycut to be in his hometown and theres obviously only two options and patbevs contract is bigger than dinwiddies current one by a few mil but if reggies doesnt stay and patbev can be dealt, i dont see that as a bad route to take

as mentioned before, its a contract thing, he makes like $14.5mil next year? reggie deserves that $$$ more than him and if you could sign

i was thinking dinwiddie looking to play in LA but the question is for how much? he wants to get paid but willing for a paycut to be in his hometown and theres obviously only two options and patbevs contract is bigger than dinwiddies current one by a few mil but if reggies doesnt stay and patbev can be dealt, i dont see that as a bad route to take
Even if yall get rid of him, that doesn't open up cap space, correct?

The only money you would be saving is from the luxury tax and that's the point of having the Ballmer as the owner.

i was talking about a trade, bets would want to sign and trade dinwiddie and they dont really need him for offense but patbev would be a good fit over there

im just throwing out ideas

if the lakers is the other option for them, im not sure if theyd prefer kuzma over patbev, maybe kcp?

Very proud of everyone in here and I am so glad to be a fan of our CLIPPERS

Beverly is the heart of the team for better or worse. You need a fire cracker like him to give your team dynamic personalities, especially when your best player is Rain Man-esque :lol: curious to see how logo and Balmer tweak the team in the off season.
Get rid of him, he's overrated. He's not an offensive threat, and for 1 or 2 games he pressed Book, he's defense isn't as elite. I still cant believe we gave a sub-par point guard 40 million, 40! :smh:

Can't wait till the finals are over to get to the real business.

Usually I'm only critical of players for their on court play or on court antics...

But if kawhi leaves, he will take a major hit in my book, off the court, as a person.

This situation with kawhi wanting pg and the clippers selling their future down the river in order to get both players was initiated by kawhi and his team. This is the bed he made.

Then to plant seeds that you don't trust the training staff? (If true) That's a cop out.

That whole staff can be replaced with the snap of a finger.

I don't believe kawhi is leaving. But if he does... I'm out on him altogether. You just don't operate like that.

The clippers have bent over backwards to make sure kawhi had everything he wanted. Now it's time for kawhi to pay it forward.

Fwiw, I don't believe he will leave... but... you never know.

Yeah, Kawhi really is a different guy, so I’m not bothering to try and predict what he’s going to this Summer.

From the outside, doesn’t seem like there is a situation out there better for him than here if he wants to continue to live in SoCal. But at the end of the day we have no way of knowing what’s really important to him; what’s driving his decisions.

So, I’m just in wait-and-see mode. Hope what we he does, he decides quickly/

Back
Top Bottom