OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

1626229807099.gif

Kawhi gon milk this injury just like he did with the Spurs...
Balmer act funny with that max he probably leaves

6-9 months recovery it seems so he could be back in form for next years playoff if there are no setbacks
hard pressed to jump back in for the playoff intensity :frown:. Plus its 9 month recovery, not taking into account conditioning and on court activities. I feel so bad for him. I wonder what he waited so long. He seemed like he was fine, I thought for sure he was. He could be a month into rehab if he had just shut down right away.

nah, the team can make the playoffs without him, the play in format helps and i truly believe the team is good enough to make the 7th/8th seed

We don’t even know what the roster going into next season is going to look like. If we can make some upgrades we’ll definitely be in contention for the playoffs even without Kawhi.

hard pressed to jump back in for the playoff intensity :frown:. Plus its 9 month recovery, not taking into account conditioning and on court activities. I feel so bad for him. I wonder what he waited so long. He seemed like he was fine, I thought for sure he was. He could be a month into rehab if he had just shut down right away.
He did the same thing with the Spurs
He didn’t tell the Clippers anything they Prbly found out this morning lol
He’s not normal signing him is looking kinda bad right now

Morris and Kennard making $30M comined
Rondo at $8M
Bev makes $12M
Ibaka $10M
Lmao
Reggie Schmurda ain’t coming through that door.

We don’t even know what the roster going into next season is going to look like. If we can make some upgrades we’ll definitely be in contention for the playoffs even without Kawhi.

i think lue will figure it out but the core of pg, mook, ibaka, mann, patbev, zu and sprinkles of rondo/kennard here and there + small off season additions is still 7-10th best in the west in the regular season, even better if reggie and batum returns

I think there’s a good chance that the team gets criticized by some people whatever happens with Kawhi. If he signs elsewhere some people will laugh at it. If the Clippers sign him to a long term deal some people will say the team “mortgaged it’s future on a guy with one leg.”

I don’t care, but I’m expecting it.

If he leaves, where, Knicks? Too young, not playoff tested enough. Not getting over that Nets or Buck wall. Tibs will run his knees into the ground. Lakers? Nope, he doesn't like Lakers and he's not gonna be a third option. They don't have the funds. Whats left, Heat, Mavs? I still believe Kawhi reups. It's not like this team is trash without him, he knows what he has here and the potential, and we can only get better with more rotations, and better players.

If he leaves, where, Knicks? Too young, not playoff tested enough. Not getting over that Nets or Buck wall. Tibs will run his knees into the ground. Lakers? Nope, he doesn't like Lakers and he's not gonna be a third option. They don't have the funds. Whats left, Heat, Mavs? I still believe Kawhi reups. It's not like this team is trash without him, he knows what he has here and the potential, and we can only get better with more rotations, and better players.

I think the most likely outcome is that he re-signs with the Clippers. Like you said, there’s really no other team he could sign with and have a better situation than he has here. But Kawhi is Kawhi, so I don’t want to take anything for granted :lol:

And the curse continues! I assume that the surgery was delayed for a few of reasons.

- Reason #1: Waiting for all the swelling to go down before they can do surgery.
- Reason #2: Seeing if the option of non-surgery with rest and rehab could heal but most likely would have lingering problems.
- Reason #3: By not releasing the info about the severity of his injuries during their playoff run, it makes the Suns guessing for a possible return and have to game plan as if he was coming back.
Reason #4: Kawhi is going to Kawhi!

AT the end of the day, he's going to be out for at least the 1st half the season and possibly all of next season! We have to roll the dice with re-signing him at all cost ala KD with the Nets and if he becomes to much, we can trade and rebuild down the line. We don't have many options if he leaves via free agency. Run it back with PG as the #1 guy and let him eat! Continue to build his confidence and dissolve the PG Slander. #RentFreeIntoNextSeaon #LetsGo!

Back
Top Bottom