OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

1.266 PPP off spot ups

0.935 PPP as a PnR ball handler

I’m giddy about how Norm helps LAC now, but I’m downright bullish about his fit next to Kawhi and Paul George.

My hope was spencer at the deadline, and hope that what we’ve been able to do with reclamation projects can juice him up to his peak level. Norm wasn’t even realistic. Wasn’t a thought.

He’s exactly what they need. Glad the team sees the need for more scoring juice than “playmaker” or “point guard”

Well done

Paul George was so awful as a PnR ballhandler this season. Eye test says he had to be below 0.8 PPP. That’s what excites me most about the move. Norm is elite at that. Bledsoe and PG stunk. Reggie is OK. We needed someone elite.

And his success mainly had to do with him being the best at getting to the FT line in those situations. League leading 21% FT frequency for players with that many possessions. Hope it translates.

Last edited:
Missing Bledsoe touching paint and kicking out for open 3’s. Wish we’d get Zu the ball more when he’s in the paint. That usually leads to something good.

caught the 2nd half and norm is the scorer we needed, but bucks just couldn’t miss any 3s tonight it seemed

Bucks were a tough draw for the first team we faced right after a major trade. I personally think when they’re fully healthy, they’re the best team in the NBA. So not sweating the loss last night. Just happy Norm and RoCo both looked good.

lk.png

If my math is correct, this trade just lowered our luxury tax by 30 mil. We also get a 9 mil trade exception.

Take this with a grain of salt, but hearing from people in the org that bledsoe, morris, and serge are the most likely to be moved this deadline. Would explain serge starting.
Just realizing that my source is 2/2 so far. Last I heard Morris was being shopped aggressively but nothing substantial yet. Haven’t talked to my guy in a couple days though.

Guess the Ibaka trade really was just to save on luxury tax money. I get it, but a little disappointing.

Current line up

Guards
Brandon Boston
Amir Coffey
Rodney Hood
Reggie Jackson
Luke Kennard
Terance Mann
Norman Powell
Jason Preston
Jay Scrubb

Forwards
Nicolas Batum
Robert Covington
Paul George
Kawhi Leonard
Marcus Morris Sr.
Semi Ojeleye

Center
Isaiah Hartenstein
Ivica Zubac

^^^ Scrubb is having season ending surgery on his toe, so he’s out.

Thought for sure Mook would be gone. Guess there wasn’t that much of a market for him.

oh my gawd

how the hell did luka have 51?

did the clips lose all defensive integrity without bledsoe and ibaka :lol:

Back
Top Bottom