Official Madden NFL 12 Thread

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Got off work a 2 and was EXCITED about playing this game. Got home and face 3 bum cheesers who beat me. Sometimes its just too much work to enjoy this game. I love football and Madden but playing this game should feel like playing metal gear on big boss difficulty.

1 guy was a rocket catch master with the Lions. My guys were in position but the ball was caught anyway. Same guy takes his safety and moves him around everywhere. He should be out of position for most plays but recovers and crosses fields for picks.

Another guy does 5 plays max whole game. Mainly full house package. Sweep left or right. My guys are in perfect position. He gets 5 yards a pop unless I take a guy and stay there but even then the running backs have the elusiveness of the RC car on Blackops.

Point is. Madden is a FUN game. But playing online 90% of the time isn't worth it. Too many guys cheesing or using some other glitch or cheat.

Does anyone else run into nothing but cheesers? I've played 13 games and 8-11 were cheesers.

rocket catch = cheesing
running 5 plays only = semi cheesing
running around wild with the safety and making plays = not cheesing.

the closest thing ive run into that could be deemed "cheesing" is this dude playing with the raiders and running around with terelle pryor. i hate how if your in a zone, no one recognizes the QB scrambling
30t6p3b.gif

nano blitzers are not appreciated

Originally Posted by do work son

Got off work a 2 and was EXCITED about playing this game. Got home and face 3 bum cheesers who beat me. Sometimes its just too much work to enjoy this game. I love football and Madden but playing this game should feel like playing metal gear on big boss difficulty.

1 guy was a rocket catch master with the Lions. My guys were in position but the ball was caught anyway. Same guy takes his safety and moves him around everywhere. He should be out of position for most plays but recovers and crosses fields for picks.

Another guy does 5 plays max whole game. Mainly full house package. Sweep left or right. My guys are in perfect position. He gets 5 yards a pop unless I take a guy and stay there but even then the running backs have the elusiveness of the RC car on Blackops.

Point is. Madden is a FUN game. But playing online 90% of the time isn't worth it. Too many guys cheesing or using some other glitch or cheat.

Does anyone else run into nothing but cheesers? I've played 13 games and 8-11 were cheesers.

rocket catch = cheesing

the closest thing ive run into that could be deemed "cheesing" is this dude playing with the raiders and running around with terelle pryor. i hate how if your in a zone, no one recognizes the QB scrambling
30t6p3b.gif

This is my first year back online since 2009. What I usually do for those QBs is select the DE on the side of the QB's throwing and and the DT on the opposite and contain. It has been working for me. Through 6 games opponents avergae less than 70 rushing yards. 2 of those teams tried to use Vick and run. 

Originally Posted by do work son

rocket catch = cheesing

30t6p3b.gif

This is my first year back online since 2009. What I usually do for those QBs is select the DE on the side of the QB's throwing and and the DT on the opposite and contain. It has been working for me. Through 6 games opponents avergae less than 70 rushing yards. 2 of those teams tried to use Vick and run. 

For those who are having trouble stopping scrambling QBs it's easy imo to stop them.

What I do is run a quarter formation and change the package (using the right joystick) and change that to LB pass rush. From there switch onto one of the LBs and press down on the D-pad and then press down again to have them spy the QB. You might not get the best pass rush but it is a very effective way to both have coverage down the field and stop the QB without having to blitz.

For those who are having trouble stopping scrambling QBs it's easy imo to stop them.

What I do is run a quarter formation and change the package (using the right joystick) and change that to LB pass rush. From there switch onto one of the LBs and press down on the D-pad and then press down again to have them spy the QB. You might not get the best pass rush but it is a very effective way to both have coverage down the field and stop the QB without having to blitz.

Game is cool haven't played ne cheesers yet lost to a legit dude usin the jets and the other I got kicked to long of a smoke break lol

Game is cool haven't played ne cheesers yet lost to a legit dude usin the jets and the other I got kicked to long of a smoke break lol

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

Originally Posted by Tommy Wong

rocket catching? how can people even do that ne more, theres no offensive strafe

you can turn auto strafe off.
i know i play with taht off, but u cant strafe on offense with a WR, not like you could in say 08 madden/ncaa

rocket catching? how can people even do that ne more, theres no offensive strafe

i know i play with taht off, but u cant strafe on offense with a WR, not like you could in say 08 madden/ncaa

Should I turn this off for offense and defense? What are the benefits?

Megatron straight had his way with my defense. Trust me, its in there.

What's everyone's strategy for the red zone defense?

I use my base D or nickle mostly.

Yeah this works unless they start pounding the ball. Sometimes the game itself just complicates a lot. That's why I miss the vision cone.

But my D needs work. Run D the most because my defense will be perfectly aligned but give up gashing runs.

Should I turn this off for offense and defense? What are the benefits?

Megatron straight had his way with my defense. Trust me, its in there.

What's everyone's strategy for the red zone defense?

I use my base D or nickle mostly.

Yeah this works unless they start pounding the ball. Sometimes the game itself just complicates a lot. That's why I miss the vision cone.

But my D needs work. Run D the most because my defense will be perfectly aligned but give up gashing runs.

You gotta learn to rocket catch b. Stick game.

You gotta learn to rocket catch b. Stick game.

Back
Top Bottom