Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

I thought the game was well played and entertaining. The refs did a decent job with the exception of KD's 4th foul. They totally blew that one which was unfortunate for OKC because he had to sit early. Westbrook played a lot better I thought. With the exception of his first couple shots, he made better decisions throughout the game. I didn't think he had the tunnel vision like in the first two games. OKC played sloppy in the 4th. Harden was off but Perkins (of all people) picked up the slack with 10pts. Free throws killed them. What I like about Durant is that he was calling for the ball when the game was close. He did the same thing in game 2 when he hit that 3 to cut it to two. You have to like that about a "superstar" player. Make or miss, they want it.

LeBron was a beast but what else is new. Miami shot 88% from the line and that matters. To put it into perspective, if OKC shot that well from the line and made 21/24 (88%) instead of 15/24 (62%) they'd have 6 extra points - exactly the amount they lost by.

Game 4, let's go.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

^ Hey... Y'all had it for 3 championships.

That was frustrating too.
laugh.gif
And people complained then too. People in here acting like this is a new occurrence and everyone is out to get the heat. It's been the NBA's biggest problem for decades.
The funny @#$% is some of the same people who are playing the "unbiased" role were the loudest ones *****ing when those other guys had their run. It's exactly what you mentioned...it's been an issue for too damn long and it's ridiculous that +%*#*$ are so accepting of it because it benefits their views. Or better yet they don't even want it being acknowledged...FOH.
laugh.gif

That's the %%+! that kills me.
laugh.gif

I wonder what ska's take on the refs was as the Sacramento series was going down?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Dudes is in a tizzy in here over fouls going against the team they are rooting for. But these same dudes are like church mice when their own team is benefitting from the refs. At least Cake is straight up enough to acknowledge the Jordan effect.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

For one of the best defenders in the league, and quite physical. somehow lebron doesn't foul anyone.

But hold up, didn't he foul out of a game against the Celtics in these very playoffs?

Originally Posted by erupt107th

I don't know how some of you even keep watching basketball. Just give up on the NBA.

For real.
laugh.gif

Lebron's a very good defender, but he's also "smart" enough to let a guy go past him where others might foul. A few times this series he could have easily gotten in Durant's way, swiped at the ball, etc., and probably gotten the foul called on him.. but he just let it go.

Not even getting into how fouls are called on him, whether fairly or not, just that he doesn't put himself to get a dumb foul called on defense.

Thunder’s Serge Ibaka says Miami Heat’s LeBron James is ‘not a good defender’

Oklahoma City Thunder forward Serge Ibaka is not impressed with Heat forward LeBron James’ defensive effort on Kevin Durant so far in the NBA Finals.

“LeBron is not a good defender,

Originally Posted by PMatic

Oklahoma City Thunder forward Serge Ibaka is not impressed with Heat forward LeBron James’ defensive effort on Kevin Durant so far in the NBA Finals.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by PMatic

As a fan of the Dallas Mavericks I know what its like to blame the refs for losing a championship but a good team always has a chance to make plays.

If OKC makes there free throws and Brooks doesn't have a brainfart we aren't even talking about the refs.

Mavs didn't get cheated in 06 and OKC isn't in 11.

One more thing I will say though Durant didn't charge Battier in Game 2 I'm sick of hearing people say it and Harden is a floppy bastard but that should have been a no call or an offensive foul. You can't extend your arm from your body as an offensive player, I've grown to hate Harden during these playoffs.

Winning last year probably made you forgive 06. That +#$% was ridiculous. I was furious about the kings too so at least I'm consistent.

Anyway

LeBrons defender has picked up 5+ fouls in 6 of 9 games.

Brooks needs to adjust. It's not going to change. Get Durant off him.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

As a fan of the Dallas Mavericks I know what its like to blame the refs for losing a championship but a good team always has a chance to make plays.

If OKC makes there free throws and Brooks doesn't have a brainfart we aren't even talking about the refs.

One more thing I will say though Durant didn't charge Battier in Game 2 I'm sick of hearing people say it and Harden is a floppy bastard but that should have been a no call or an offensive foul. You can't extend your arm from your body as an offensive player, I've grown to hate Harden during these playoffs.
From a mavs fan standpoint, care to elaborate?

For real Serge sthu
30t6p3b.gif

Serge is not a good defender
30t6p3b.gif

The best part of Lebron's game is his defense. Even if Serge messed up the english in what he was trying to say...
30t6p3b.gif

Yea I've grown sick of Harden too. I'm sick of him and Westbrook driving into congested traffic hoping for fouls instead of taking the open lane/shot. I'm also sick of his p defense.

Originally Posted by durantula

From a mavs fan standpoint, care to elaborate?

They let Gary Payton make a layup then Josh Howard missed two free throws in the last 80 second of the game.

If the Mavs make free throws Dirk has two rings.

I think he should have 2 anyways, I still laugh at some of the calls wade got, but you being a mavs fans I understand where you're coming from.

Ibaka is incredibly overrated as a defender. He doesn't defend the rim like Chandler or Howard. He gets a lot of blocks (weak side) but that's it.

So y'all gone act like LeBron didn't foul out in the Celtics series?
Durant shoots jumpers. He doesn't drive to the basket.

His plays around the rim are on fast breaks.

LeBron is defending a jump shooter. What can the refs call on him?

If you notice when KD gets the first step LeBron lets him go by.

KD gets beat off the dribble and reaches in. Unnecessary fouls.

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

So y'all gone act like LeBron didn't foul out in the Celtics series?
Durant shoots jumpers. He doesn't drive to the basket.

His plays around the rim are on fast breaks.

LeBron is defending a jump shooter. What can the refs call on him?

If you notice when KD gets the first step LeBron lets him go by.

KD gets beat off the dribble and reaches in. Unnecessary fouls.

Factual

Durant needs to keep his head in the game and not reach in on stupid plays. Also the difference imo between Thunder winning or losing, are the missed FTs.

Also in regards to Kendrick P, it's funny he says that but honestly if they thrown to him to at least collapse the defense that would help shooters get open or better positioning.

I guess heat fans dont see Lebron hugging durant when he goes down low, and when durant tries to get away I guess they dont see lebron holding him, completely understandable. But I'm not complaining how they're not calling fouls on LeBron, but how they are calling foul on KD, and I'm not talking the reach ins, I'm talking the getting room on wade is a "charge" and how not touching wade is a "foul". Now as far as the last play of game 2, I guess LeBron "let him go". lol All I ask for out of the refs is consistency.

Back
Top Bottom